Old  July 6th, 2006, 3:12pm     #16
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnittnStampinMom
*Laughing* which would certainly make things interesting as my ex is a sheriff deputy in NY.
Sweet! We'll need him on speed dial to help us get out of "trouble"

Quote:
Okay, called the Comfort Inn at Station Road - no one has booked any of the rooms from the block yet. (hubby has CC so I have to call back tonight)
We have a room there but when we booked the standard room was $89.99 so yeah we went that route - so we're there ~ standard rate is now $139.99 so the $99 is definitely bettah!!
  Old  July 6th, 2006, 3:15pm     #17
Adrianita
Senior Master Sweeper

Will call this afternoon to reserve room have convention form all ready to mail tomorrow...

DH and I are in ...

I'm excited and nervous at the same time, I get shy when I just meet people for the first time

... I will ask for vacation on the next coming weeks
  Old  July 6th, 2006, 3:16pm     #18
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianita
Will call this afternoon to reserve room have convention form all ready to mail tomorrow...

DH and I are in ...

I'm excited and nervous at the same time, I get shy when I just meet people for the first time

... I will ask for vacation on the next coming weeks

HELL YEAH!!! That totally makes me EXCITED!!

Think DH is ready for this?
  Old  July 6th, 2006, 3:18pm     #19
Adrianita
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbsocial
HELL YEAH!!! That totally makes me EXCITED!!

Think DH is ready for this?
We will see, I think maybe he is more prepared than myself
  Old  July 6th, 2006, 3:19pm     #20
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
We will see, I think maybe he is more prepared than myself

Good! Cuz I loves me some husbands
  Old  July 6th, 2006, 3:19pm     #21
Adrianita
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbsocial
Good! Cuz I loves me some husbands
hey!
me too but only mine
  Old  July 6th, 2006, 3:28pm     #22
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
hey!
me too but only mine

Thats fine - I don't have a husband thats why I loves on everyone elses

Hey CARAN - I'm assuming Steve will be there? Cuz thats the only reason I'm comin - got more corrupting to do before June
  Old  July 6th, 2006, 3:31pm     #23
Adrianita
Senior Master Sweeper

who is Steve?

Karen_246 go !!!
  Old  July 6th, 2006, 3:33pm     #24
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

A Chime in from CARAN52
Ok here I am..... KB has hit it right on the head. Mini conventions seem to be run many ways from just a little larger than usual club meeting to whatever they want.

We have planned this "mini" as a way to show members of our club who couldn't make a "national" convention, what one is like. Sooooo, we were asked by many others if they could come and why not? Took completely over the Holiday Inn. The reason you aren't seeing any bookings at the Comfort Inn is because I just put up the info last night and settled a lot of the details yesterday afternoon after taking a trip to see if my little punkin head would put my head on their pilllows.....the hotel does meet my approval and I posted already that the rooms are larger (2 double beds plus a pull out sofa bed) room I saw had a refrig and microwave and the discounted from I believe $138 a night down to $99 for us. I am working on the shuttle part yet for the airport/train people. When you call push that they do something since so many of us are coming. I blocked off 40 rooms yesterday and told him I will probably be coming back for the other 35 as soon as most of the 40 are taken.

There are no wall flowers at a convention. If you feel the need to hang and don't know anyone, please, please look me up. I'll need all the help I can get for the little errands. KB and the other OLSers that went to the nationals can attest that we all make friends quickly there. In fact, I don't even go for finding someone to sit with at a table (and believe me I am shy when in front of people I don't know) but I sign up for any table available and meet new people all the time. That's how I missed out on getting my little mug in all of the newsletter pictures at national. MIssed every single one believe it or not!!

Anyhoo. Read the agenda that I posted on our webpage for the weekends activities (too long to do here). Once you are there everything is held on-site, shopping in the vendor rooms in the early am, sessions to learn about sweepstaking in the morning and afternoon, a welcome reception Friday night, a nice banquet on Saturday night, and more buying and session on Sunday morning. Lots of prizes (all that we can get donated) will be raffled off throughout the weekend and that is included in the cost of your registration. For those brave enough to party after 11 pm, I have put KB in charge of that. Brent holds really nice hospitality rooms too as long as you don't let him introduce you to Tequila. Almost killed me but saved me from getting a bypass. loolol

DO NOT WORRY ABOUT BEING A FIRST TIMER AND NOT KNOWING WHAT TO DO. IT IS DESIGNED JUST FOR AND AROUND YOU GUYS. I will draw on the experienced convention goers to help you guys out. I will be sending a detailed letter as to what to bring when the time gets closer and I have all my thoughts together.

Hope that helps. I think I can speak for everyone. Once you go to one you will never miss another! Only a few things are going to be different than national: It is one day shorter, there is not a lot of free time because of the shorter time period, there are not side trips so you'd come in earlier or stay later to see the area and everything is within 7-12 miles of where we'll be staying. The Holiday Inn website lists tons of stuff to do and see if interested.

BEst thing I can tell all is to be sure to visit our webpage often as that is where all information is being posted as I get it. New roll-out of information expected around the 15th of July. Hope to sell out by the end of July.
  Old  July 6th, 2006, 3:38pm     #25
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

I'm seeing a lot of posts about transportation. I took the ride from above the Philly area and it is a real easy and nice ride up the turnpike and then pretty straight run throught the countryside. Not a lot of turns to get lost. I have detailed instructions if you need them for going up the Pennsylvania Turnpike heading from eastern PA towards Harrisburg. I get lost real easy and if I found it anyone can.

Also, options are the Harrisburg Airport and the Amtrak station. They are both about 22 miles from the hotel. Would need to get a limo or shuttle service to the hotel. Trying to work it out with the hotels. Need to know when everyone is planning on getting into those stations though to give me some barganing chips. Maybe you guys can post here and share the limos. Both hotels are on the same property so you can ride together whatever hotel you are staying at.
  Old  July 6th, 2006, 3:39pm     #26
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnittnStampinMom
You got it KB..... WallFlowers R Us....

Great! Don't believe anything anyone here says about me or what the pictures show - I'm very quiet, shy and reserved

Quote:
who is Steve?

Karen_246 go !!!

Steve is the one and only Steven King from the convention pics - he is CARAN52's DS and he rules all!!

GO KAREN GO!
  Old  July 6th, 2006, 3:45pm     #27
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

Wonder if Stephen knows what he is getting himself into? Hmmm. maybe I better book him a room over at the Comfort so I don't see what goes on??? Thanks a million guys for making him feel welcome. He was very reluctant on going to Phoenix because he is not a sweeper. Only went because I pouted so much and he knew I needed help at the vendors table. He's a great kid. Thank goodness I see that a police officere may be in the crowd. My worries are over? Don't have enough bail money to get you all out of trouble.

How many karaoke singers out there in the crowd coming?? I knew a lot were complaining about not having any at this years national. We have over 5,000 songs in our books so its a hugeeeeee selection. Stephen does a really good rendition of Bon Jovi but don't tell him I said so.

So glad to hear my OLSers are standing behind me on this thing!
  Old  July 6th, 2006, 3:57pm     #28
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Wish I could ya all, probably be with all of you in spirit.

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  July 6th, 2006, 4:07pm     #29
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

A quick question, do you have to pay for the room in advance or are you able to just reserve it?? I don't have a credit card but I do have a visa debit card.

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  July 6th, 2006, 4:08pm     #30
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_246
A quick question, do you have to pay for the room in advance or are you able to just reserve it?? I don't have a credit card but I do have a visa debit card.

Just reserve it - you can cancel up til like 6pm of the night of your reservation - they will not charge it - only "hold" it!! YAY!