Old  July 4th, 2006, 2:24pm     #1
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

OLSers Attending the Mini Convention
Have you sent your registration in? Lets get a list going so we can see who else from OLS will be attending!

kbsocial
Tom-2
CARAN52
vgmaster81
rossandrachelfan
slgibbs1
KnittnStampinMom
MizzMonkiez
Adrianita and dh
prezli
positivelift and dw
katybug and dd
gigi
steflink
dcreed
Denice
ladyluck
staceyc8
bmcnichol
hondaray6

Last edited by kbsocial; October 8th, 2006 at 2:25am.
  Old  July 4th, 2006, 9:33pm     #2
slgibbs1
Master Sweeper

I am signed up and ready to go. I used to live in Hershey, so it'll be like a homecoming for me. I am bringing my envies and postcards to sell. I may come out a few days early to visit frineds. etc.

Sandy (Pittsburgh)

Sandy________________
Wins-$20,000, Trip to Las Vegas to the Comedy Festival, $2500 DEll XPS Computer, Trip to Czech Republic, $5,000 Bloomingdales GC, camping package, trip for 4 to Mexico, trip to the Caymans
  Old  July 5th, 2006, 8:01pm     #3
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

No Sandy --- you'll come out a few days early to help me out!!! lolol I'm coming in on Thursday (probably mid afternoon) to have a planning meeting with the hotel to be sure all is covered and ready to roll. And to take a long nap so that I can party all weekend.

So there guys ----- you have two of us OLSers vending --- and I know for a fact there is more vending from OLS just can't post names. Plus it's me (an OLSer) running it!!! We are in the process of taking over the second hotel which is next door separated by a large parking lot so we can even have tailgate parties!!!!! I made sure that everyone staying next door at the Comfort Suites has rights to all of the Holidome perks and discounts, etc. All we have to do is wear our nametags. Yippeee. Really neat country western dance club bar right on the other side of the wall from our convention room!! Oh and guys, yes, we can have karaoke if we want. Cause I'm the DJ that's why!!!
  Old  July 5th, 2006, 8:22pm     #4
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARAN52
Oh and guys, yes, we can have karaoke if we want. Cause I'm the DJ that's why!!!

If I end up there - karaoke is SOOOOOOOOOOO on!!!
  Old  July 6th, 2006, 11:50am     #5
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

I am actually considering this. I just looked up driving distance and it is 300 miles from me and 292.55 of those miles are on Interstate 81, interesting. Wonder if I could get anyone from around here to go . . .

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  July 6th, 2006, 11:52am     #6
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_246
I am actually considering this. I just looked up driving distance and it is 300 miles from me and 292.55 of those miles are on Interstate 81, interesting. Wonder if I could get anyone from around here to go . . .

DO IT!!!

I am and I live a helluva lot longer away!!
  Old  July 6th, 2006, 12:05pm     #7
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

I'm considering it Miss KB, very long ride though, all interstate

Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  July 6th, 2006, 12:12pm     #8
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_246
I'm considering it Miss KB, very long ride though, all interstate

Long ride my left boobie I'm having a whirlwind tour so I don't wanna hear about it
  Old  July 6th, 2006, 12:17pm     #9
prezli
Grand Master Sweeper
Parrot Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbsocial
Long ride my left boobie I'm having a whirlwind tour so I don't wanna hear about it
Swing by and get me KB!

Tongo says, Go, Go, Go, you big poo!
  Old  July 6th, 2006, 1:50pm     #10
KnitU1
Master Sweeper

Smile Convention Mini or Otherwise NEWBIE
Okay.....

I've always wanted to go to one of these, but always been to afraid (wall flower) lolol.

I live in Orange County NY. Thinking it might be fun.....

What do I need to know being a "first timer". lolol (and be nice y'all!! )

I'm thinkin I could talk hubby into it as a birthday present (he never knows what to do - t even though I spell it out for him - lolol - July 21st I'll be 42 and what the heck!!!)
  Old  July 6th, 2006, 1:53pm     #11
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Quote:

Okay, what does your left boobie have to do with the long ride ?? I'm seriously considering it, sounds like fun. Maybe if I can get someone that wants to go with me we'll do it.

Old  July 6th, 2006, 1:54pm     #12
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnittnStampinMom
Okay.....

Bring bail money

Old  July 6th, 2006, 2:06pm     #13
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnittnStampinMom
Okay.....

I've always wanted to go to one of these, but always been to afraid (wall flower) lolol.

I live in Orange County NY. Thinking it might be fun.....

I'm thinkin I could talk hubby into it as a birthday present (he never knows what to do - t even though I spell it out for him - lolol - July 21st I'll be 42 and what the heck!!!)

First thing is DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, let dh look at pics of past conventions I've never been to a "mini" but it will most definitely be fun! Hoping CARAN52 will chime in on her thoughts as she is the boss of it There will be general sessions on sweeping topics, prizes to be won, vendors to buy from, fantabulous people to meet and hang out with and a weekend away for you!! I'm kind of a wallflower too so we'll get along just fine
  Old  July 6th, 2006, 2:09pm     #14
KnitU1
Master Sweeper

Smile I've got Bail Money!
COUNT ME IN!

*Laughing* which would certainly make things interesting as my ex is a sheriff deputy in NY.

Okay, called the Comfort Inn at Station Road - no one has booked any of the rooms from the block yet. (hubby has CC so I have to call back tonight)

Just downloaded my registration form - and will send that in by the end of the week!!

I've always said I wanted to do one of these, so Why not, just jump in with both feet and everything else!!!

(combo birthday present + wedding anniversary is 11/22 - and hunting season opens earlier in October - so he can give me this weekend!!!!)

Anyone in Mid Hudson and higher along the way wanting to go - share a ride & room?

Let me know!
  Old  July 6th, 2006, 2:12pm     #15
KnitU1
Master Sweeper

Smile
Quote:

First thing is DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, let dh look at pics of past conventions I've never been to a "mini" but it will most definitely be fun! Hoping CARAN52 will chime in on her thoughts as she is the boss of it There will be general sessions on sweeping topics, prizes to be won, vendors to buy from, fantabulous people to meet and hang out with and a weekend away for you!! I'm kind of a wallflower too so we'll get along just fine

You got it KB..... WallFlowers R Us....

And hubby ain't got nothing to say, I've seen his firematic pictures of conventions, white hat nights, post parades, stag nights..... let's just say HE OWES ME BIG TIME!!!
Paybacks are a ........ lololol

Okay, gonna get my room squared away tonight or in am.
Filling our registration form as we speak - will get that mailed out too.
I'm ALL in!!! Whooohooooooo