Old  July 4th, 2006, 2:19pm     #1
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Northeast Mini Convention ~ Lodging Information
The Holiday Inn is completely booked for convention weekend. Our hosts have secured a block of rooms at the Comfort Inn Suites.

Comfort Inn Suites Site

Call the hotel at 1-717-469-8181 and let them know you will be attending the Northeast Mini Sweepstakes Convention and they have guaranteed a rate of $99 per night plus taxes through September 27th. Book soon as they expect to sell out!!
  Old  July 5th, 2006, 8:03pm     #2
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

Hurray and book like KB said. Rooms are going.
Just came back from there and the rooms have two double beds and a pull out sofa so you guys can put more butts in a room and save mula!! I thought the rooms were really nice. Had read some poor reviews on the internet so pushed my butt from Philly up to Hershey to get a look see for myself. No dented furniture nor stains and I went up unannounced and will be making more surprise visits this summer.
  Old  July 7th, 2006, 4:13pm     #3
KnitU1
Master Sweeper

Smile We Are Booked!
I booked my room with Comfort Inn- it's all set.
For anyone reserving and holding with a Credit Card; but mailing a check in they gave me a total of $213.64
Friday check in is at 3:00 but he indicated they will let us check in earlier
Check out is 11:00 am Sunday (may be able to arrange late check out).
Refrig and Micro included in each room, and deluxe continental breakfast included.

They were very very nice, spoke with... oh lord... can't remember his name, but he is the one who blocked the set o f rooms for the NE mini Convention.

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it.... I'm about to lose control and I think I like it!!!.....
  Old  July 8th, 2006, 8:22pm     #4
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

and I do expect you to sing that song at the karaoke session on Saturday night!!
  Old  July 8th, 2006, 8:30pm     #5
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARAN52
and I do expect you to sing that song at the karaoke session on Saturday night!!

Were you around in Moline for my rendition with Hottie DJ?

Old  July 8th, 2006, 8:35pm     #6
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

You are too much KB!! I was in Moline but you guys did the Karaoke thing before I even met you all. I didn't hook up with you guys until after the dinner cruise on Friday night. That's when I was introduced to your Tequilla and ended up stealing Brent's coke so I wouldn't choke to death. lolol lots of good memories.

I'll have to see if I can find a karaoke picture of hottie Stephen King (errr Stephen Bon Jovi) for you guys and post it here. How do I do it though?
  Old  July 8th, 2006, 8:38pm     #7
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARAN52
You are too much KB!! I was in Moline but you guys did the Karaoke thing before I even met you all. I didn't hook up with you guys until after the dinner cruise on Friday night. That's when I was introduced to your Tequilla and ended up stealing Brent's coke so I wouldn't choke to death. lolol lots of good memories.
I couldn't remember when we hooked up - the karaoke was mainly OLSers and a few random sweepers (who I think we scared) - ahhh the memories of the HOLIDAY INN - (MO-LINE)

Quote:
I'll have to see if I can find a karaoke picture of hottie Stephen King (errr Stephen Bon Jovi) for you guys and post it here. How do I do it though?

You can upload it directly to OLS or you can host it at imageshack or photobucket and post the link/pic here

I think I need to start stocking up on likker now!
  Old  July 9th, 2006, 3:46pm     #8
Krystal
Senior Master Sweeper

Does anyone know if there is other hotels nearby?
  Old  July 9th, 2006, 5:48pm     #9
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal
Does anyone know if there is other hotels nearby?

You too good for the Comfort Inn?
  Old  July 10th, 2006, 8:43pm     #10
Krystal
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbsocial
You too good for the Comfort Inn?
  Old  July 10th, 2006, 9:01pm     #11
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

If you have a vehicle to drive back and forth there is a Hampton Inn and an Econo Lodge on the opposite side of the highway. It's about a 2 minute ride to the Holiday Inn but because of the way the road is set up it's too far and dangerous to walk it. They sit off on a sorta hill on a two lane highway that would cross over an Interstate. And it's all country back there with bad lighting for walking at night, which is why I said you would need a car. I haven't checked out the prices or talked to them at all. Too much to handle already with the two hotels we already have.

Let me know if you find anything out or decide to stay there. The Holiday Inn is giving me first grabs at any cancellations which would be posted on our website for first dibbs. Don't know how else would be fair to work it.
  Old  July 10th, 2006, 9:04pm     #12
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

Oh, forgot to mention. I did go out to see the Comfort Inn for myself and they are really nice rooms. Large rooms with a king or two doubles and then also a sofa that turns into a bed, a fridge, a microwave, pool, game room, free continental breakfast, workout room, etc. and its just across the parking lot from the Holiday Inn. To be honest with you if I didn't have to be close for all of the activities and scheduling I'd probably book over there. Do not read the postings on those vacationer input sites. They are totally without merit. I saw the place myself. And hey, its only a weekend away.
  Old  July 11th, 2006, 12:21am     #13
Krystal
Senior Master Sweeper

Caran I wasn't looking for special rates or anything. LOL I was just looking for a Marriott or Hilton or Hyatt. I like room service.
  Old  July 12th, 2006, 12:31am     #14
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

Room Service?
Room service like for your meals? You will be eating lunch at the session (included in your registration) and you will be eating dinner at the banquet (also included in your registration). For breakfast there is a restauarant in the Holiday Inn which everyone wearing their name badge will get $2 off their meal. The Comfort Inn has a Continental Breakfast. I know the Holiday Inn had room service. I didn't have a chance to look at the Comfort Inn for that yet. I'd keep calling the Holiday Inn for a cancellation or like I said if you have a car I'd use the Hampton Inn. Guess I better get my butt in gear and see what they have to offer.

Besides, we'll keep you too busy to worry about eating all weekend.

Carol