Old  June 20th, 2005, 8:13pm     #1
rossandrachelfan
Senior Sweeper

Northeast Mini Sweepstakes Convention ~ Oct 27-29 2006
Hi! I wanted to let you know that I went out to check the hotel/area for the Northeast Mini Sweepstakes Convention yesterday (10/29/05). The firm dates for the mini convention are Friday October 27-Sunday October 29th 2006. We have negotiated a room rate of $99 per night and the registration will cost $100. We will start accepting registrations within the next week or so. Vendor registration would be $25 for the weekend if interested.

The hotel is in a great central location. It is close to the Harrisburg International Airport. It is about 10-15 minutes away from Hershey Park (we went yesterday and it only took 8 minutes). Hershey Park at this time would have free admission and you could just purchase tickets or bracelets for rides if needed. It is also 10 minutes or so from The Hershey Outlets featuring Mikasa, Ralph Lauren, Nautica, and many more. There is also Hershey Golf nearby and The Hershey Spa.

The hotel itself was very nice. It has a restaurant, a saloon (bar but also has free country line dancing lessons for anyone interested), and it also has a Pizza Hut inside the hotel that you can order from through the room service. The rooms also feature high speed internet.

We are going to have several speakers (will be announced as the mini convention gets closer and we are sure they have confirmed). There will be a banquet on Saturday night. There are going to be lots of prize drawings.

Vendors that do not live nearby are welcome to donate prizes to promote their businesses. I will be posting more information over the next week. If anyone has any questions, please email me at nicole@sweepstakesnewsletter.net

Updated Info:

To make a hotel reservation, please call 1-717-469-0661 (Credit card needed or you will have to send them a room deposit by check or money order). You must mention that you are booking for the Northeast Mini Sweepstakes Convention to get our rate of $99 per night.

Convention Registration forms and Vendor Registration Forms have been posted on www.sweepstakesnewsletter.net and can also be sent by email.

Any questions or registration form requests, please email hersheyminiconvention06@comcast.net or nicole@sweepstakesnewsletter.net

Last edited by rossandrachelfan; November 27th, 2005 at 10:56am. Reason: updated info
  Old  June 22nd, 2005, 8:00pm     #2
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

This sounds like a blast - is it really 2006 or is this for 2005?
  Old  June 22nd, 2005, 8:03pm     #3
rossandrachelfan
Senior Sweeper

It is for 2006. I tried several months ago to book for 2005 and everything was booked. Got in early this time just to be safe.
  Old  June 22nd, 2005, 8:15pm     #4
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossandrachelfan
It is for 2006. I tried several months ago to book for 2005 and everything was booked. Got in early this time just to be safe.
Fantastic
  Old  June 22nd, 2005, 8:46pm     #5
noelleray
Senior Master Sweeper

might be able to make it to this one since its only a hour away!
  Old  July 7th, 2005, 3:11pm     #6
rossandrachelfan
Senior Sweeper

For everyone who emailed me, I will add you to a mailing list with updates on the Northeast Mini Sweepstakes Convention.
  Old  October 30th, 2005, 4:14pm     #7
steflink
Senior Sweeper

I will be attending!
I'm excited--especially since I won't be making it to Scottsdale this year...

"...we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our election between economy and liberty or profusion and servitude."
--Thomas Jefferson

www.lp.org
  Old  November 27th, 2005, 10:54am     #8
rossandrachelfan
Senior Sweeper

Updated Info:

To make a hotel reservation, please call 1-717-469-0661 (Credit card needed or you will have to send them a room deposit by check or money order). You must mention that you are booking for the Northeast Mini Sweepstakes Convention to get our rate of $99 per night.

Convention Registration forms and Vendor Registration Forms have been posted on www.sweepstakesnewsletter.net and can also be sent by email.

Any questions or registration form requests, please email hersheyminiconvention06@comcast.net or nicole@sweepstakesnewsletter.net
  Old  November 28th, 2005, 8:26pm     #9
slgibbs1
Master Sweeper

I'll be there. I used to live on Chocolate Avenue in Hershey, so I can visit all my old friends before the convention. Hoooray!!!

Sandy________________
Wins-$20,000, Trip to Las Vegas to the Comedy Festival, $2500 DEll XPS Computer, Trip to Czech Republic, $5,000 Bloomingdales GC, camping package, trip for 4 to Mexico, trip to the Caymans
  Old  November 28th, 2005, 8:33pm     #10
insomniac104
Master Sweeper

Ok, just 2 questions:

1. Which hotel is this?

2. What town? Hershy? Harrisburg?

Either I can't read or am blind because I didn't see this anywhere in the post and since I live in Lancaster I'd love to attend!

Kyle
AntiquatedDreams.com
  Old  November 28th, 2005, 8:36pm     #11
rossandrachelfan
Senior Sweeper

The Hotel is the Holiday Inn Harrisburg/Hershey located in Grantville, PA (about 10 minutes from Hershey)
  Old  January 19th, 2006, 7:57pm     #12
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

Webpage now up for Northeast Mini Sweepstakes Convention
Please refer to our new webpage with information regarding the convention, etc. The email address is still good as posted above for the registration form.

Hope to see you ALL there!!! It will be run similar to that national conventions, but just cut back one day. We are open for all suggestions and questions. Email either Nicole or myself. We have a good number of volunteers so far from friends, our club The Bucks County Sweepers and also volunteers from other clubs and sweepers.

We are also looking for vendors and plenty of donations so that we can give out lots of prizes. If you can help out with the donations whether big or small, a little or a lot it will be mucho appreciated.

Northeast Mini Sweepstakes Convention Webpage

Last edited by CARAN52; January 19th, 2006 at 8:07pm. Reason: forgot to add link for webpage
  Old  January 19th, 2006, 8:13pm     #13
Sweethart79
Grand Master Sweeper

can I come for just the registration fee if I dont stay at a hotel?? I'm going to be in the area anyway during that time!!!
  Old  January 20th, 2006, 2:08pm     #14
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

You do not have to stay at the hotel
You certainly can attend without staying at the hotel. In fact, there are quite a few that will be commuting because they live in the area. I do not have the start and stop times for each of the days down yet since the agenda has not been finalized but it will allow you time for transportation, meals, etc.

You do not need to attend all sessions and activites for the 3 days, but there will be no reduction in the registration fee for those who don't. Otherwise it would be an administrative nightmare. All you will need is to print off a copy of the registration form and send it in with your fee. Rally your friends. We will have a great time.

For the benefit of everyone reading this posting. You must call the hotel directly if you are planning on staying overnight. We blocked off some of the rooms to get the special rate. So anyone who is going to stay must be sure to mention that they will be attending the sweepstakes convention when they register.

Hope to see you there!!
  Old  January 22nd, 2006, 8:07pm     #15
princessJ
Senior Master Sweeper

Who's going to this from OLS?