Old  July 12th, 2018, 6:20pm     #1
sweepstakesgen
Sweeper

Has anyone here won a "Free Vacation ("Gift not a Prize") from Sundance Vacations?
I received a voicemail from a very nice sounding woman from Sundance Vacations about how I won a 4 day/3 night vacation with hotel accommodations and round trip airfare, to either Orlando or to Las Vegas. I called her up and she let me know that they are doing this giveaway for their Anniversary at Sundance Vacations and that this would be a GIFT and not a PRIZE, so I would only have to pay something like $149 instead of taxes. She also said to qualify we would have to visit the office local to my house with two forms of ID and that my guest and I must make at least $50,000 a year combined. I know this business usually has people sit through a presentation (and some of them can be pushy), but has anyone here actually gone through with a free trip offer and/or had a positive experience with them? I was told I was not obligated to purchase anything. Do any of you know offhand if this is a scam or legit? (I am confused and concerned because I have heard a VERY mixed bag of reviews about them!)

Thanks!
  Old  July 12th, 2018, 6:39pm     #2
tokeymom
Master Sweeper

I worked there for 8 years. It isn't a win everyone who fills out the form and qualifies and sits through the presentation will be able to get the trip. There is taxes you have to pay .

TOKEYMOM
  Old  July 12th, 2018, 6:42pm     #3
patricjames
Master Sweeper

Put them on the block list.
PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!! The presentation sounds wonderful at first and we were excited to begin taking vacations for a discount price. However, 3 people talked to us and NONE of them mentioned a high annual fee that we would be required to pay until all vacations are used. DON'T GET CAUGHT UP IN THIS SCAM. SAVE YOURSELF THE HASSLE.

My dog's name is Mr. Hot Shot. He likes to ride in the car and loves getting his ears scratched and belly rubbed.
  Old  July 12th, 2018, 7:07pm     #4
pactisme
Sweeper

I won a free vacation from Apple on the radio - you find out they are not quite free - must buy travel insurance
  Old  July 12th, 2018, 9:52pm     #5
sweepstakesgen
Sweeper

Thank you guys! I remembered a warning from someone a long time ago about them and their tactics, so I did some research before coming here to ask you guys about your personal experiences as well and have come to the conclusion that it is not worth the financial risk. I already won a legit vacation sweepstakes recently via a TV show and we just moved to a beautiful area that many from all over the world come to see, so it is not like we are going to be too upset about missing out on another vacation this upcoming year!!!! Someone else can go instead. We don't want to be shelling out a lot of money at this time when our focus should really be here on fixing the roof and such. If we are looking for discounted vacations in the future maybe this will be an option, though with so many poor reviews, probably not!

Tags
legit or scam, questions