Old  July 9th, 2018, 5:38pm     #241
jacobm
Junior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBookie View Post
If you had a premium membership, LOL, you would see that the majority of the sweeps are submitted by 3 or 4 truly dedicated people. The members merely help by adding supplemental sweeps that they come across.
Oh, and LOL.
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 5:49pm     #242
AlwaysLearning
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBookie View Post
If you had a premium membership, LOL, you would see that the majority of the sweeps are submitted by 3 or 4 truly dedicated people. The members merely help by adding supplemental sweeps that they come across.
I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that the mods/editors, who seem to be the people posting the most sweeps, get a free membership and at one point they were even getting paid. I don't know if that is still the case. I thought I read this somewhere in the forums.
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 5:53pm     #243
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysLearning View Post
I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that the mods/editors, who seem to be the people posting the most sweeps, get a free membership and at one point they were even getting paid. I don't know if that is still the case. I thought I read this somewhere in the forums.
I don't know how it was set up, but I do see certain members posting a lot of sweeps as you say... all anyone has to do is see who's name is on the newly listed sweeps in the thread.

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 6:01pm     #244
wottahuzzee
Senior Master Sweeper

My sub just expired. No notification at all. Apparently I should wait before trying to renew since it appears the owners just don't give a crap. I am really disappointed with Brent, that he would allow this site to deteriorate. Just sad. Oh well, I will follow this thread until it appears something is working again, unless I find something I like better. Honestly, for me, I just like the software for tracking sweeps entries. This is really just pitiful.
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 6:03pm     #245
QBookie
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysLearning View Post
A-L, you know how much I appreciate your posts Yes, the 3 or 4 who enter most of the sweeps are on this list. http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com/showgroups.php?
I didn't know if they were paid.

Honey, Ain't Nothin' Ever Gonna Be Like It Was Before.
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 6:22pm     #246
QBookie
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobm View Post
This is exactly what I mean. Who's going to post the majority of sweepstakes if the majority of members leave? That was my point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobm View Post
With all due respect, as soon as I joined I bought the premium membership and it ran out two days ago. I renewed yesterday and they haven't processed it nor acknowledge it.

My post where I said you had to be a premium to see was somewhat incorrect. Sweeps are all posted as new premium to begin with and then those that are not premium are moved to general and you can see who posted in general.
jacobm. Please accept my condolences for finding yourself in OLS/PayPal limbo.

Honey, Ain't Nothin' Ever Gonna Be Like It Was Before.
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 7:15pm     #247
melonhed
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by deputydawg View Post
Canít agree with this. Too many years of reading posts relating to the member posting sweeps. I have never heard of these 3 or 4 dedicated(?) people.
You can see some of the sweeps submitted here, it is a core group of people posting those sweeps http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com...splay.php?f=82. The premium sweeps have a similar subforum where you can see the sweeps submitted prior to categorization.

#teamtopknot
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 7:59pm     #248
jgates8
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiegirl123 View Post
I am green at the moment because my subscription is not up yet but I have been on this site for a while and I hate to see it go under but that is exactly where it is headed....and quickly.
I'm trying to figure out why it doesn't show you as green?

Some people who listed that they are NOT green now are appearing as green on my page, so maybe they are getting the accounts updated? (like jacobm).

6/07? - $500 Airfare 2/08 - Disney Trip, 8/08 - Florida trip, 11/08 - Bike GPS, 3/09 - Allure bag w/Aveeno Products, 3/09 - Advil product, 5/09 - Tylenol Backpack, 7/09-$200 Pamida GC, 08/09-Beautifix Gift Box, 10/10-$250 Kelloggs, 9/11-OldWisc Packer win - 2 Club Tix/merch. 5/12-AC Trip & Macys/HD GCs, 8/12-2012 Harley Trike, 2014-$75 Dollar Tree, $25 Snickers. 2015-$300GC & 4 Country Inn Nights, Pepsi 3 $200 Live Nation Concert Cash.
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 8:03pm     #249
marillionflower
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgates8 View Post

Some people who listed that they are NOT green now are appearing as green on my page, so maybe they are getting the accounts updated? (like jacobm).
Jacobm is not green. His username is still black
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 8:12pm     #250
prplrush
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgates8 View Post

I think you're referring to the green dot....that just means they're online. Their name has to be in green. which it isn't.

Old  July 9th, 2018, 8:40pm     #251
ariel36
Master Sweeper

jacobm is looking green to me (user name is green - just turned while I was reading this post (iím Trying to decide whether to renew tomorrow when my subscription expires)).

http://www.lifesabundance.com/AnitaAllen
http://www.zazzle.com/aballenphotography?rf=238025147469164076
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 8:42pm     #252
jas11563
Master Sweeper

jacobm's name IS green .... not just the dot, his name.

Thank you for pointing that out correctly jgates8.

He was NOT green this morning, so something is obviously happening.

Brittles is not green and I am wondering if that is due to the PayPal now, or just there were so many payments to process that they haven't gotten back that far.
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 8:46pm     #253
dippitydoo
Grand Master Sweeper

Hope they get to July 2nd paypal payments soon.
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 8:47pm     #254
debswild
Master Sweeper

Sad to see Iím not alone
I renewed my membership just yesterday and it hasn’t upgraded yet I figured I would check out the forums to see what was going on. Sadly I should have read on here first. I have been on OLS since 2005 I believe and I have won many many prizes. I took a short break while I have been watching my grandson full time. I was really hoping to jump back in and rack of the entries again. I get back to premium quickly.

Last edited by debswild; July 10th, 2018 at 8:51am.

My biggest prize to date has been a Trip to the Olympics from Tyson to Vancouver value $20,000!
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 8:49pm     #255
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas11563 View Post
jacobm's name IS green .... not just the dot, his name.

Thank you for pointing that out correctly jgates8.

He was NOT green this morning, so something is obviously happening.

Brittles is not green and I am wondering if that is due to the PayPal now, or just there were so many payments to process that they haven't gotten back that far.
It's nice to see someone has changed to green! Hoping everything escalates and everyone gets their green tonight!

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92