Old  July 9th, 2018, 2:45pm     #226
Brittles
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcclave View Post
Got to admit I thought for sure things would be straightened out first thing this morning.

At this point I don't know what to think.
I don't know what to think either. And meanwhile they need to disable the payment button so no one else wastes their money. That was something that should have been done by now if nothing else.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 3:07pm     #227
chrissycrue100
Sweeper

I paid on 7/4/18 through Paypal and am still waiting for my renewal to take effect.
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 3:07pm     #228
AmandaBanana
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittles View Post
I don't know what to think either. And meanwhile they need to disable the payment button so no one else wastes their money. That was something that should have been done by now if nothing else.
Exactly. They should not be taking money from people when they are not getting the service that they are paying for. The least they can do is take the payment button down and post an announcement. The silence speaks volumes.

Old  July 9th, 2018, 4:13pm     #229
QBookie
Master Sweeper

Lightbulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittles View Post

Honey, Ain't Nothin' Ever Gonna Be Like It Was Before.
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 4:42pm     #230
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

If enough people file disputes I wonder if Paypal will disable it?

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to All!
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 4:52pm     #231
prplrush
Master Sweeper

I think the fact that most the members that have made payments for their memberships, have emailed and messaged and posted about their problem without a single response, speaks volumes.
A simple sticky note on here from Brent or Nicole, voicing that Yes, in fact we are actually working on this problem, would help 90% of the people affected, feel better about it! The blatant disregard they have for members, be they new or a decade or more old members, honestly says to me that they don't care!
I've loved OLS for many years, but my love affair with the site is coming to an end. I've always loved the forums and the sweeps layout, but it's also getting old, knowing that if there is a problem or a need for an update, you're SOL. I mean come on, the copyright for this page hasn't been redone in 2 years, not that it affects us, but it just shows a bit of laziness on the owners part. I.E. Couldn't care less.
I mean honestly, why not take 2 minutes out of your day and tell people what's going on? I can completely understand why people are filing complaints with paypal. If i was in their situation i would be doing so as well.....if not even alone for the fact that i wouldn't be rendered services for money paid, but even more so for the fact that they haven't even taken the time to take down the payment options for right now, just to keep more people from falling into the same pit hole.
Again, how long has the P.O. box been closed? and yet.....the p.o. box is still up in the "Order by Check or Money Order" option. How irresponsible is that? (and yes, i totally get that there's a post from last year from kb about it......but why not simply remove the option/address from the payment options?

Old  July 9th, 2018, 4:59pm     #232
jacobm
Junior Sweeper

Agreed
Eventually the new sweeps will stop being posted because of the inattentiveness of the owners. So, this site will start dying regardless. Why stay on a site that has limited sweepstakes? When you don't take care of something it will die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prplrush View Post
I think the fact that most the members that have made payments for their memberships, have emailed and messaged and posted about their problem without a single response, speaks volumes.
A simple sticky note on here from Brent or Nicole, voicing that Yes, in fact we are actually working on this problem, would help 90% of the people affected, feel better about it! The blatant disregard they have for members, be they new or a decade or more old members, honestly says to me that they don't care!
I've loved OLS for many years, but my love affair with the site is coming to an end. I've always loved the forums and the sweeps layout, but it's also getting old, knowing that if there is a problem or a need for an update, you're SOL. I mean come on, the copyright for this page hasn't been redone in 2 years, not that it affects us, but it just shows a bit of laziness on the owners part. I.E. Couldn't care less.
I mean honestly, why not take 2 minutes out of your day and tell people what's going on? I can completely understand why people are filing complaints with paypal. If i was in their situation i would be doing so as well.....if not even alone for the fact that i wouldn't be rendered services for money paid, but even more so for the fact that they haven't even taken the time to take down the payment options for right now, just to keep more people from falling into the same pit hole.
Again, how long has the P.O. box been closed? and yet.....the p.o. box is still up in the "Order by Check or Money Order" option. How irresponsible is that? (and yes, i totally get that there's a post from last year from kb about it......but why not simply remove the option/address from the payment options?
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 5:25pm     #233
jas11563
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobm View Post
Eventually the new sweeps will stop being posted because of the inattentiveness of the owners. So, this site will start dying regardless. Why stay on a site that has limited sweepstakes? When you don't take care of something it will die.
The owners have nothing to do with posting of new sweeps, that is all done by your fellow OLSers who take the time to post the sweeps.
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 5:31pm     #234
deputydawg
Sweeper

If you wish in one hand and sh** in the other....which one will get fuller faster?
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 5:32pm     #235
prplrush
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas11563 View Post
The owners have nothing to do with posting of new sweeps, that is all done by your fellow OLSers who take the time to post the sweeps.
I think that's what he/she's getting at. The more members, that end up leaving, the less sweeps will be posted here. The thing that's always made this page what it is, is the awesome members! And everyone posting sweeps and whatnot. Sooner or later these members will move on at the rate it's going

Old  July 9th, 2018, 5:36pm     #236
jacobm
Junior Sweeper

This....
Quote:
Originally Posted by prplrush View Post
I think that's what he/she's getting at. The more members, that end up leaving, the less sweeps will be posted here. The thing that's always made this page what it is, is the awesome members! And everyone posting sweeps and whatnot. Sooner or later these members will move on at the rate it's going
This is exactly what I mean. Who's going to post the majority of sweepstakes if the majority of members leave? That was my point.
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 6:19pm     #237
QBookie
Master Sweeper

New Sweeps
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobm View Post
This is exactly what I mean. Who's going to post the majority of sweepstakes if the majority of members leave? That was my point.
If you had a premium membership, LOL, you would see that the majority of the sweeps are submitted by 3 or 4 truly dedicated people. The members merely help by adding supplemental sweeps that they come across.

Honey, Ain't Nothin' Ever Gonna Be Like It Was Before.
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 6:37pm     #238
deputydawg
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBookie View Post
If you had a premium membership, LOL, you would see that the majority of the sweeps are submitted by 3 or 4 truly dedicated people. The members merely help by adding supplemental sweeps that they come across.
Canít agree with this. Too many years of reading posts relating to the member posting sweeps. I have never heard of these 3 or 4 dedicated(?) people.
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 6:37pm     #239
jacobm
Junior Sweeper

Quote:
With all due respect, as soon as I joined I bought the premium membership and it ran out two days ago. I renewed yesterday and they haven't processed it nor acknowledge it.
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 6:38pm     #240
jacobm
Junior Sweeper

Quote:
Oh, and LOL.
Closed Thread

Tags
membership