Old  July 9th, 2018, 8:26am     #211
wintermom29
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiegirl123 View Post
Except that there is.............

There's a list of cases on the FTC website in which they helped resolve that proves that businesses do indeed have to follow rules and laws and offer the services that you pay them to offer.
exactly cookiegirl, they can get in trouble for taking people's money and not providing a service.

Lucky Angel Dust!! Many Winning BLESSING IN THE NEW YEAR 2017
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 8:30am     #212
wintermom29
Master Sweeper

My thread was deleted so someone is here watching reading the comments and not responding to us, This is unacceptable and a horrible way to do business . I'm pissed off and wished they would get this fixed asap!!! I don't think I'm going to renew after this mess and find another sweep site.

Lucky Angel Dust!! Many Winning BLESSING IN THE NEW YEAR 2017
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 9:11am     #213
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Except that there is.............

There's a list of cases on the FTC website in which they helped resolve that proves that businesses do indeed have to follow rules and laws and offer the services that you pay them to offer.
File a dispute with Paypal if that is your only concern. As others have stated they will take care of it.

You have to know that's not what I was referring to when I said that.

I was referring to the fact that he isn't obligated to come here and tell you step by step what is going on in the background. Would it be nice? Sure it would but from past experience we should all know by now that it's not the way it's done around here.

I really hope that this gets straightened out for you all as I'm sure it's very frustrating. Have a nice day!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to All!
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 10:11am     #214
dogbuddy57
Master Sweeper
Founding Member

"I was referring to the fact that he isn't obligated to come here and tell you step by step what is going on in the background."

But nobody is asking for a step by step process of what's going on in the background - all anyone wants is an authority on this site (which at this point I think means Brent directly) to acknowledge a problem, and inform them that it's 1. either being worked on, or 2. they are planning on letting letting the site die. And assure them that their money will either be refunded, or they should be "green" by "date" .
Maybe 3-4 sentences, with updates if things continue to be delayed.

That's a "normal" process, and it no longer matters what history OLS has.......enough is enough. I mean, I'm green and apparently got it literally right before this "glitch" (or whatever anyone wants to call it), but I'm no less angry and upset than the "un-green" ones are, I'm just more fortunate "at the moment".
I think trying to keep reassuring anyone at this point that it will simply work out is pointless, because there is no "history" that shows people paid, and didn't get credited for some 2 weeks, and never heard from anyone etc.
That's all
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 10:41am     #215
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbuddy57 View Post
"I was referring to the fact that he isn't obligated to come here and tell you step by step what is going on in the background."

But nobody is asking for a step by step process of what's going on in the background - all anyone wants is an authority on this site (which at this point I think means Brent directly) to acknowledge a problem, and inform them that it's 1. either being worked on, or 2. they are planning on letting letting the site die. And assure them that their money will either be refunded, or they should be "green" by "date" .
Maybe 3-4 sentences, with updates if things continue to be delayed.

That's a "normal" process, and it no longer matters what history OLS has.......enough is enough. I mean, I'm green and apparently got it literally right before this "glitch" (or whatever anyone wants to call it), but I'm no less angry and upset than the "un-green" ones are, I'm just more fortunate "at the moment".
I think trying to keep reassuring anyone at this point that it will simply work out is pointless, because there is no "history" that shows people paid, and didn't get credited for some 2 weeks, and never heard from anyone etc.
That's all
If I were running this business I would be doing it differently that's for sure. I'm not though and I can see no point in getting in arguments with other members here over an issue none of us have any control over whatsoever.

I do however have faith that something will be done about it in the near future. If that's being a cheerleader then so be it. I'm just going by what I have seen in the past.

I'm upset about it too! This is just one more nail in the coffin for OLS! The site may continue on but I will bet we are going to lose more valuable members because of it and to be honest we can't afford it.

This site has already lost, or has members that no longer participate for various reasons, and the site is suffering because of it.

Seriously guys let's not fight among ourselves because of this!

Old  July 9th, 2018, 10:51am     #216
dogbuddy57
Master Sweeper
Founding Member

mcclave,
In no way was I trying to fight - and I don't think anyone else is - absolutely not 100% - I was just trying to express why I thought the ones who have paid but haven't turned green, may be getting annoyed (and maybe that's too strong, or too weak of a word) with the "cheer leading" despite your best intentions (which I KNOW are GOOD). Because they've been ignored now for some 2 weeks, and are fed up.....that's all really.
All good intentions to everyone, and trying to acknowledge everyone's frustrations, now turned anger (a reasonable transition)
Sorry if it came across as "fighting" - really not intended that way. sometimes the written word is less favorable than a face to face conversation. All they have right now is the other members to "support" them in their anger/frustration.
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 11:18am     #217
cookiegirl123
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
mcclave,
In no way was I trying to fight - and I don't think anyone else is - absolutely not 100% - I was just trying to express why I thought the ones who have paid but haven't turned green, may be getting annoyed (and maybe that's too strong, or too weak of a word) with the "cheer leading" despite your best intentions (which I KNOW are GOOD). Because they've been ignored now for some 2 weeks, and are fed up.....that's all really.
All good intentions to everyone, and trying to acknowledge everyone's frustrations, now turned anger (a reasonable transition)
Sorry if it came across as "fighting" - really not intended that way. sometimes the written word is less favorable than a face to face conversation. All they have right now is the other members to "support" them in their anger/frustration.
I totally agree with you. NO ONE on here is trying to argue or pick fights with other members as the fight is not with them. I am green at the moment because my subscription is not up yet but I have been on this site for a while and I hate to see it go under but that is exactly where it is headed....and quickly. I also hate to see people get taken advantage of and that is what is happening when they pay for something that they don't receive and get ignored. Is this any way to treat the members that have been around for a while? Is this any kind of welcome to new members? There have been people on this thread begging for answers and no one can give them one. That's pitiful. Remember that silence speaks volumes.
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 11:25am     #218
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
mcclave,
I get it and I was in no way trying to minimize their frustration. If it were me going through this I'm sure I would be very upset too!

I would just handle it differently.

During the last outage even though I have all my "My Sweeps"saved to bookmarks in the event the site goes down I went to another sweep site and paid for a month so I could enter new sweeps and I didn't fall too far behind.

The other site sucks as far as the format goes but I was able to enter while the outage was going on and it kept me from getting frustrated.

I have to look for ways to keep the stress down these days! Getting old has it's own frustrations...

There are people that say to invest in this hobby and get memberships at several different places but frankly since my husband passed I just don't have time for that!

Old  July 9th, 2018, 11:28am     #219
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

This is not the first time there have been major problems right before a sweep convention. Another time people were so upset they were ready to all show up at the convention and string Brent up!

OMG the drama!

Old  July 9th, 2018, 11:30am     #220
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
I totally agree with you. NO ONE on here is trying to argue or pick fights with other members as the fight is not with them. I am green at the moment because my subscription is not up yet but I have been on this site for a while and I hate to see it go under but that is exactly where it is headed....and quickly. I also hate to see people get taken advantage of and that is what is happening when they pay for something that they don't receive and get ignored. Is this any way to treat the members that have been around for a while? Is this any kind of welcome to new members? There have been people on this thread begging for answers and no one can give them one. That's pitiful. Remember that silence speaks volumes.

Old  July 9th, 2018, 1:04pm     #221
LuckyButterfly47
Senior Sweeper

Well, I just filed a dispute with PayPal and I'm also planning on filing with the BBB if I don't get a response soon. I just want to know that they are working on the problem. I've sent two emails and I've PM'd just about every Mod here, including Brent, and haven't heard from anyone. If this is how they treat their customers, then I don't want to give them my money anymore. I've been a member since 2007 and I have never had a problem with this site other than a few outages which never lasted more than a day or two. It's a shame it had to end like this since I really liked OLS until now.

Luckybutterfly's 2018 Win List
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 1:11pm     #222
jacobm
Junior Sweeper

Just checked and I'm still not green after paying yesterday. Guess I'm going to miss out on some sweeps.
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 1:12pm     #223
marillionflower
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobm View Post
Just checked and I'm still not green after paying yesterday. Guess I'm going to miss out on some sweeps.
I've been waiting for 10 days now. There are others who have waited longer
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 2:22pm     #224
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Got to admit I thought for sure things would be straightened out first thing this morning.

At this point I don't know what to think.

Old  July 9th, 2018, 2:28pm     #225
jacobm
Junior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by marillionflower View Post
I've been waiting for 10 days now. There are others who have waited longer
WOW! I'm really disappointed in this site now. Time to start searching for an alternative.
Closed Thread

Tags
membership