Old  July 8th, 2018, 9:19pm     #196
L122Y
Master Sweeper

I noticed this thread was started on the 25th. I renewed my subscription on the 25th and it went through immediately. I had a small amount of cash in PP and the rest was taken from my checking account by PP.

This is weird. I hope it gets fixed for everyone soon.

from: OLS Subscriptions <"OLS Subscriptions"@online-sweepstakes.com>
to: *****@gmail.com
date: Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 4:50 PM
subject: You've Got a New OLS Premium Membership Subscription!
mailed-by: online-sweepstakes.com
signed-by: online-sweepstakes.com
security: online-sweepstakes.com did not encrypt this message Learn more
: Important according to Google magic.

My cat reminds me on a daily basis that I am not as important as I sometimes think I am.
  Old  July 8th, 2018, 10:31pm     #197
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsterino View Post
This has been going on for more than two weeks. It has nothing to do with today being a Sunday. They have had quite some time already to fix this. I just want my money back now.
My point being that it doesn't look like anyone that can do anything about it has been here till today for whatever reason. It won't surprise me if it's all worked out by tomorrow.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to All!
  Old  July 8th, 2018, 10:35pm     #198
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Seriously? Nicole was online but did not address this? What the heck????

I suggest we all file complaints with the BBB and your State Attorney General. This is becoming an issue of possible FRAUD.
Let's not go overboard. I understand you must be frustrated but stuff happens and it's best to remain calm and patient. One thing is for sure in the past if he comes here and says anything or not he always straightens all the problems out!

Old  July 8th, 2018, 10:52pm     #199
nvtribefan
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcclave View Post
Let's not go overboard. I understand you must be frustrated but stuff happens and it's best to remain calm and patient. One thing is for sure in the past if he comes here and says anything or not he always straightens all the problems out!
I'm just curious about why you are such a gung ho cheerleader for the OLS staff, and keep insisting that it's a PayPal issue?

nvtribefan
  Old  July 8th, 2018, 11:03pm     #200
dogbuddy57
Master Sweeper
Founding Member

This site does have a history of problems being addressed .........late, or without any comment, etc.
Itís been really frustrating before, and if the site lives to see another year, it will be frustrating again.
But I do sense a difference this time, and Iím hope my sense is wrong. Itís the best site, bar none, but something is way off. I mean I donít recall any time when they took money, and for two weeks, ignored the pleas for information or help. As others have pointed the mods arenít getting involved, maybe because, maybe they know nothing, and know itís sort of pointless to keep saying ďwe notifiedĒ, when we can assume at this point, they havenít heard anything back either. I think theyíre doing the right thing to Try to stay out of it so to speak, because itís not their fault, theyíve probably tried repeatedly, maybe they actually know something but arenít in a place to say...whatever. At this point it doesnít even matter.
Having said that....all of the fees are disputable through PayPal, and more importantly through your cc or your bank if you used debit (whichever CC logo is on your debit card).
You arenít getting a service you paid for..period... Iím not sure how long I would suggest waiting before following through with the disputes, entirely up to each individual. Expecting any feedback at this point is .....well what can I say just frustrating ourselves. Just move forward with the disputes, letís try to keep providing sweeps, sharing in forums, maybe exchanging some emails so we donít lose touch with each other if it does disappear (too many friendships have been formed etc). If itís fixed, you can pay again, etc. I feel incredibly bad for those directly affected....I am not,...... yet. But I donít think it bodes well for the future of the site.
Keeping my fingers crossed this site returns to some semblance of normal VERY QUICKLY!
  Old  July 8th, 2018, 11:09pm     #201
timsterino
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Not go overboard? Are you serious? At what point is it not going overboard? One month, two months, one year, two years? This is unacceptable.
Both Brent and Nicole were logged into the site this morning and did not post an apology or any other announcement.
This is not any way to run a business.
  Old  July 8th, 2018, 11:09pm     #202
timsterino
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvtribefan View Post
i'm just curious about why you are such a gung ho cheerleader for the ols staff, and keep insisting that it's a paypal issue?
this ^^^^^^^^??????
  Old  July 8th, 2018, 11:31pm     #203
plazamama
Senior Master Sweeper

well my green expires 7/29. if I see the same kind of posts I shall move on. From what I understand this is not the only sweepstakes site, but it is the most intelligently conceived.
I will be able to continue. I did before, and I will after.
I feel like I am preparing for a great loss. Actually, OLS is my first experience with social media, except maybe Where's George, which wasn't as social.
Getting all weepy.
Bye Bye
lol
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 12:04am     #204
gitpicker
Master Sweeper

Quote:
I'm just curious about why you are such a gung ho cheerleader for the OLS staff, and keep insisting that it's a PayPal issue?
I received an email from another business stating that their customers are having this same problem. There's no excuse for keeping everyone in the dark but there is a plausible chance that it truly is a PayPal problem.

Love trumps hate
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 1:23am     #205
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
I'm a realist. It is what it is! I know from past experience right or wrong that this is how things are handled here. It's Brent's business and he can run it however he chooses. I also have the right to take my money and go elsewhere BUT the fact of the matter is this place has the best format out of any other sweep site and I have looked at lots of other places. So because of that I have decided to take the bitter with the sweet and not let it bother me.

As for sticking up for the staff... I am sticking up for them in this matter because I know it can't be easy to be in their shoes when something like this happens.

This place is the: "Accept the things I cannot change and change the things I can." for me in the serenity prayer. Some things in life just aren't worth getting that upset over.

If I were in your boat I would just go someplace else and enter sweeps till all this get straightened out.

Old  July 9th, 2018, 1:28am     #206
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbuddy57 View Post
This site does have a history of problems being addressed .........late, or without any comment, etc.
Itís been really frustrating before, and if the site lives to see another year, it will be frustrating again.
But I do sense a difference this time, and Iím hope my sense is wrong. Itís the best site, bar none, but something is way off. I mean I donít recall any time when they took money, and for two weeks, ignored the pleas for information or help. As others have pointed the mods arenít getting involved, maybe because, maybe they know nothing, and know itís sort of pointless to keep saying ďwe notifiedĒ, when we can assume at this point, they havenít heard anything back either. I think theyíre doing the right thing to Try to stay out of it so to speak, because itís not their fault, theyíve probably tried repeatedly, maybe they actually know something but arenít in a place to say...whatever. At this point it doesnít even matter.
Having said that....all of the fees are disputable through PayPal, and more importantly through your cc or your bank if you used debit (whichever CC logo is on your debit card).
You arenít getting a service you paid for..period... Iím not sure how long I would suggest waiting before following through with the disputes, entirely up to each individual. Expecting any feedback at this point is .....well what can I say just frustrating ourselves. Just move forward with the disputes, letís try to keep providing sweeps, sharing in forums, maybe exchanging some emails so we donít lose touch with each other if it does disappear (too many friendships have been formed etc). If itís fixed, you can pay again, etc. I feel incredibly bad for those directly affected....I am not,...... yet. But I donít think it bodes well for the future of the site.

Keeping my fingers crossed this site returns to some semblance of normal VERY QUICKLY!
Very well stated dogbuddy57! You get it!

Old  July 9th, 2018, 1:36am     #207
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Not go overboard? Are you serious? At what point is it not going overboard? One month, two months, one year, two years? This is unacceptable.
Both Brent and Nicole were logged into the site this morning and did not post an apology or any other announcement.
This is not any way to run a business.
But it's the way Brent runs this one and it's been the way it's been run ever since I have been here. So what's the point of getting all upset over something that you have no control over? There is no law that says he has to run this business the way you think it should be run.

You have the choice of paying for the premium or taking your money and going someplace else.

I do know one thing I have wasted way too much time in this thread when I could be entering sweeps here and other places instead.

Old  July 9th, 2018, 1:39am     #208
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitpicker View Post
I received an email from another business stating that their customers are having this same problem. There's no excuse for keeping everyone in the dark but there is a plausible chance that it truly is a PayPal problem.
Hey gitpicker, how ya doing? This has been the most exciting thing that has happened in the forums in awhile.

Old  July 9th, 2018, 1:53am     #209
Kaneki61
Senior Sweeper

Just paid to renew my subscription. Wished I has seen this thread before I did. Money was taken out of paypal but not showing up here. Have never had a problem before.
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 7:26am     #210
cookiegirl123
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
There is no law that says he has to run this business the way you think it should be run.

Except that there is.............

There's a list of cases on the FTC website in which they helped resolve that proves that businesses do indeed have to follow rules and laws and offer the services that you pay them to offer.
Closed Thread

Tags
membership