Old  June 21st, 2018, 2:04pm     #1
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Action Sweeps?
I entered a popular sweeps about interior house painting $3000 ( sweeps is a premium or not so I am not naming the sponsor) after I entered my intended sweeps, got the Thank you for entering then another form popped up (it was an additional ty for entering the BxxVxxxx) from "Action Sweeps -Permission Data, LLC" enter for a $400.00 Visa I didn't enter. I've entered the major sweeps before and never had this form from Action Sweeps pop up.

Have any of you familiar with Action Sweeps?
  Old  June 21st, 2018, 2:27pm     #2
plazamama
Senior Master Sweeper

I want ahead and entered it once. I just thought since the original sweeps was from a reputable site it was just part of something they were promoting. Didn't occur to me it could be something nasty. uh oh.
  Old  June 21st, 2018, 2:32pm     #3
plazamama
Senior Master Sweeper

I googled Action Sweeps, the link took me to that entry form. I looked at rules, and there is a snail mail amoe. To be addressed to Permission Data.

Googled Permission Data:
Since 2002, Permission Data has been a leader in digital customer acquisition. Leveraging cutting edge technology, deep domain expertise and a commitment to long term client satisfaction. The company’s AdQuire solution has become the Acquisition Marketing Platform (AMP) of choice for over 1,000 of the world’s leading brands. Whether the goal is adding customers to an existing email program, driving digital coupon prints, or generating leads, AdQuire AMP offers advertisers a multi-channel performance-based solution for targeting, acquiring, and engaging customers. Participating publishers can provide their readers relevant and engaging offers and promotions from leading national brands, while effortlessly monetizing content. Permission Data is privately held and headquartered in New York City.

So I'll probably be getting a lot of ads in my inbox for awhile. You'd think a crusty old veteran like myself would know better.
  Old  June 21st, 2018, 2:39pm     #4
clc408
Senior Master Sweeper

Sounds like an email harvester to me.
  Old  June 22nd, 2018, 12:16pm     #5
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking that it wasn't worth it to enter, with all the data breaches, that have happened the past few years. It seemed odd to me that it didn't pop up the other times I entered the premium sweeps. I will just move on and skip that pop up sweeps.
  Old  June 22nd, 2018, 2:36pm     #6
jas11563
Master Sweeper

I've been skipping all of those after entry sweeps popups.
My spam has tripled and a lot of it is hitting my inbox.

I do use Unroll.Me, but I still have to select every email address.
So I am just going to avoid the spam and not enter the possible win I might have.

I still think I am winning by doing that. LOL
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 6:48am     #7
MonCherie
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas11563 View Post
I've been skipping all of those after entry sweeps popups.
My spam has tripled and a lot of it is hitting my inbox.

I do use Unroll.Me, but I still have to select every email address.
So I am just going to avoid the spam and not enter the possible win I might have.

I still think I am winning by doing that. LOL
What is "unroll me" and does it slow you down?
Many of them, you have to be a subscriber for an amount of time though.

I am a spiritual being experiencing a human experience. it's all about love & light.