Old  October 29th, 2006, 3:26pm     #1
KATHYP IN MD
Junior Sweeper

Donations - Thank you
I want to thank OLS and Kerri for all the donations that they made to the convention, A lot of people made donations but OLS was the Biggest one and made it possible for lots of prizes. I really enjoyed myself and have a feeling membership is going to go up
  Old  October 29th, 2006, 3:52pm     #2
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

I agree, KB and Brent couldn't have been better to us with the prizes that we were able to hand out. And I agree that membership will definately increase.

If I didn't believe in OLS and their hard work I would have never asked them to speak. In my book OLS rules!! I support OLS and the many new OLSers that I've met this weekend more than anyone could know.

Everyone who attended whether an OLSer or not was just awesome!!
  Old  October 29th, 2006, 5:21pm     #3
berry21780
Junior Sweeper

Thank you Carol
Carol, You did an awsome job with the convention.
I think everyone really had a good time. I know that we all did.
Thank you for a job well done.
Berry21780
  Old  October 29th, 2006, 9:15pm     #4
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

Many thanks to you too
For those who were not there, Berry ended up being my right arm. I don't think I would have made it through the weekend without her being right there at a snap of the finger. The rest of my club also did a fantastic job in helping to move a lot of the things to the proper places. A special thanks go out to Berry's husband who was our announcer for the reading of the door prizes. With my back injuries I couldn't have stood, stooped nor talked that long. He was awesome. Also, a big hand goes out to our DJ, John, who even those of you who attended didn't realized had all of the sound equipment other than the podium that was used the entire weekend. As you know it is costly to hire a DJ for four hours let alone an entire weekend and then equipment thrown in too. Knowing how difficult it is to maintain everything in working order for that long of a period I can assure you that not only he, but I slept the entire afternoon until dinner time. We were both exhausted. Our days ran from 5:00 a.m. until 2:30 a.m. all weekend in order to keep things going and in getting the stuff to the right place.

Another big "SUPER JOB" goes out to my son, Hottie Stephen" as KB calls him. He not only manned my vendor table when I was often pulled away to assist with different issues and things that needed to be done, but he was also the main source of "muscle" when it came to getting the skids of prizes back and forth. He was constantly being pulled in more than one direction and weathered it well.

And then there were the "runners" Stepanie, Nichole, Sarah, Kirston, Lisa, Dawn, Dawn, and and Michelle giving out the prizes, the club members Ellen and Linda that spent so much time organizing the table seating (the mess-up was between myself and the hotel staff - not theirs) and my volunteers from the New Jersey Sweeps group who often visit our Lisa, Dawn, Dawn and Michelle who took care of the registration tables keeping track of our attendees.

They were all pleasantly surprised. I hope that I didnt' forget anyone.
Back at ya all!!

Carol