Old  July 6th, 2006, 9:55pm     #1
KnitU1
Master Sweeper

Smile Lower/Mid/Upper Hudson Valley NY OLS'ers
Okay ....

Anyone from Rockland County, Orange County, Sullivan County, Ulster County and up that want to carpool or share room?

We live in Orange County New York - right now it's me and my 18 year old daughter attending. I am going to book room in the morning at the Comfort Inn (since holiday is sold out).

This is my first convention, and I know it will be tons of fun, and together we canl help keep the expenses down. Even thinking of going a day earlier or staying a day later if you are interested. Shopping, Hershey Park -
I haven't been out of my house in 3 years. It's been all about Kids, hubby and home. They all have amazing lives now, and I'm thrilled - but hey - if I am gonna get a weekend - why not make the most of it. We can talk about it.

Find me, let me know.... :
smile9:
  Old  July 7th, 2006, 5:21am     #2
MrsM
Grand Master Sweeper

I live here in Putnam County. Carmel/Kent.
  Old  July 7th, 2006, 5:22am     #3
MrsM
Grand Master Sweeper

Of course, I have no idea about what convention or shindig you're talking about.
  Old  July 7th, 2006, 8:16am     #4
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsM
Of course, I have no idea about what convention or shindig you're talking about.

Well ya posted in this thread about it girl
  Old  July 7th, 2006, 3:00pm     #5
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

KB - if we get a good response on OLSers coming do you want me to get you a hospitality room? don't know when you'd have time to open it other than Sunday night for holdovers or Thursday night for early arrivals though. The Welcome Reception goes until 11 pm. and the Banquet is scheduled til 11:00 but if we do karaoke I may ask for it til midnight. Let me know. With us booking so many rooms over there I should be able to get a conference room for free.
  Old  July 7th, 2006, 3:04pm     #6
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARAN52
KB - if we get a good response on OLSers coming do you want me to get you a hospitality room? don't know when you'd have time to open it other than Sunday night for holdovers or Thursday night for early arrivals though. The Welcome Reception goes until 11 pm. and the Banquet is scheduled til 11:00 but if we do karaoke I may ask for it til midnight. Let me know. With us booking so many rooms over there I should be able to get a conference room for free.

I don't think that'd be necessary. I won't be in until Friday and will be leaving for the shore immediately after session on Sunday. I'm all for post partying after the welcome reception and banquet and TOTALLY down for karaoke! I'll be working on Brent's attendance as well And since there won't be gazillions of peeps I'd hope it'll be easy to hook up with the OLSers all impromtpu and stuff!
  Old  July 8th, 2006, 8:45pm     #7
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

just saw this and agree with your thoughts. We have the run of both places so we'll be fine with what we have. Yes, do work on Mr. Brent for me. After all he is Kingo with you Queeno and you rule sooooo tell him he must gooooooo. Needs to so he can handle all the wild peeps out there trying to scare the Amish.
  Old  July 8th, 2006, 8:50pm     #8
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARAN52
Needs to so he can handle all the wild peeps out there trying to scare the Amish.

Good thing I am part Amish!!!

Lil bit Amish........lil bit Ghetto!! Seriously I can roll with all kinds!
  Old  July 8th, 2006, 8:57pm     #9
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

that will come back to haunt you!!
  Old  July 10th, 2006, 8:39pm     #10
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

Where's my swap buddy. I know she's from New York area???? I wanna meet you. I'd start working on my other buddy but the wagon train won't make it back east.