Old  November 30th, 2018, 10:22am     #1
LewDog64
Master Sweeper

Copy and paste is your friend
I have been copying and pasting the sweeps links for the last year and a half and have won more lately then in the last 3-4 years combined. I think many sweeps eliminates people coming from ols. When you click a link on a webpage it forwards the referring website address to the new website. You could probably use the apps or extensions that remove the referring website or sets it to something else. I dont use these because websites can detect what browser you use and the extensions that are on it.
  Old  November 30th, 2018, 11:53am     #2
pcontester
Senior Master Sweeper

I know how to copy an d paste but do you then put them in a file you set up? How do you do this? TIA
  Old  November 30th, 2018, 2:01pm     #3
dmkc4me
Junior Sweeper

I'd like to know how you do that. Thanks.
  Old  November 30th, 2018, 4:04pm     #4
bjdotson
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmkc4me View Post
I'd like to know how you do that. Thanks.
I use a program called sweep (available from wavget.com) Older freeware program, but it works pretty well.

Old  November 30th, 2018, 4:36pm     #5
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Many have stated they enter using shazam and win lots, so really don't think it has anything to do with your luck, or non luck in sweeping.

There is something you can set to block the fact you are coming from OLS or other sweep site. I don't remember what it is, though.

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  November 30th, 2018, 8:34pm     #6
sweepingangel
Master Sweeper

I used to have a program that blocked the referring website you came from, but when I got my new laptop, I didn't reinstall it.
It was a pain to set up and I didn't feel like doing it since I wasn't sweeping at the time (took a 5 year break).
Now I do the copy and paste thing.
I have a couple different browsers open.
I click the sweep link to open it, copy the url and then paste & go in the other browser I have open.
Enter and then I always click go to MSN home page after I enter a sweep, then I'm ready to copy and paste for the next sweep.

I used to win tons of sweeps, but since I started back almost 1 1/2 years ago, I haven't won very much at all.
A couple $100 gift cards have been the biggest and then a few small wins that wasn't anything to get excited about.
No more monthly lists of wins
  Old  November 30th, 2018, 10:00pm     #7
Urlik
Master Sweeper

For Firefox, just use Toggle Referrer add-on.

My 2018 Wins
  Old  December 1st, 2018, 9:51am     #8
pcontester
Senior Master Sweeper

I use Chrome almost exclusively for sweeps. I know how to bookmark but is there a way to make a file in the bookmark (does that make sense - I am not too tech savvy)? I guess what I am saying is the list of bookmarks would be huge but if I had a file, I could just put them in??
  Old  December 1st, 2018, 10:12am     #9
LewDog64
Master Sweeper

I save the webpage as a web page complete. Then click on that file to open it. The referrer is no longer there and you can use the shazam button.
  Old  December 1st, 2018, 10:18am     #10
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcontester View Post
I use Chrome almost exclusively for sweeps. I know how to bookmark but is there a way to make a file in the bookmark (does that make sense - I am not too tech savvy)? I guess what I am saying is the list of bookmarks would be huge but if I had a file, I could just put them in??
Make individual folders under bookmarks.. I have folders by months for when they expire, instant, daily draws, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewDog64 View Post
I save the webpage as a web page complete. Then click on that file to open it. The referrer is no longer there and you can use the shazam button.
You lost me on this one.

I know I went through and did something that says not to show the referrer and listed OLS as one of the sites, but I don't remember what I did.

I've used bookmarks for quite some time after not being able to get to my sweeps when OLS was down. I'm not sure, but I thought when it gets bookmarked and opened that way, there is no referrer because it opens from the bookmark folder into a new page. Does anyone know if the referrer stays with the page?

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  December 1st, 2018, 12:59pm     #11
THELASTRESORT
Master Sweeper

I used to have PrefBar... is that still around?

I think I need to use something again because I'm not winning Squat...and I want to win Squat!

"Always together; eternally apart": by day Isabeau becomes a hawk, by night Navarre becomes a wolf. Neither has any memory of their half-life in animal form; only at dusk and dawn of each day can they see each other in human form for one fleeting moment, but can never touch.
  Old  December 1st, 2018, 3:20pm     #12
Urlik
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by THELASTRESORT View Post
I used to have PrefBar... is that still around?

I think I need to use something again because I'm not winning Squat...and I want to win Squat!
It is but Toggle Referrer is simpler.

My 2018 Wins
  Old  December 1st, 2018, 5:35pm     #13
sweepingangel
Master Sweeper

Pale Moon has a setting where you can block the referring website, but Roboform isn't compatible with that browser.
I wish I could figure out how to get FireFox or Chrome to block the referring website.
  Old  December 1st, 2018, 6:45pm     #14
Urlik
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweepingangel View Post
pale moon has a setting where you can block the referring website, but roboform isn't compatible with that browser.
I wish i could figure out how to get firefox or chrome to block the referring website.
As I said, Toggle Referrer for Firefox.

My 2018 Wins
  Old  December 1st, 2018, 9:53pm     #15
prismperfect
Master Sweeper

I actually tried this copy/paste as an experiment for a whole year and didn't see an increase in wins. I copied and pasted the link to the sweep into another browser every time, and I don't use OLS Mysweeps or OLS Shazam for dailies, I bookmark them and open in my browser so the sponsor never sees a referrer.

I think it's just an unproven theory that sponsors don't like OLS or other sweeps aggregate sites as referrers, I think it's just the luck of the draw really.