Old  December 1st, 2010, 4:49pm     #1
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

To: Blog Owners/Lovers & Haters Alike
Blog Owners/Submitters

First, if you are a blog owner who hosts giveaways or another member who finds blogs giveaways and posts them correctly (i.e. checking the "is this sweeps hosted by a blog" tick) then thank you. It is very much appreciated.

If you are a blog owner who hosts giveaways or a member who submits blogs and do not check the box (whether this is done intentionally or not), the giveaway will now be deleted. Please check your pm boxes as many of you have been previously pm'd and are repeat offenders.

Secondly, you cannot make the mandatory entry a referral or a vote request. These will automatically be deleted.

Thirdly, please do not use tiny urls as the links. We have no idea what we are clicking on when you do that and to save our computers from some mess that might be there, these will alos be deleted.

Thank you for your understanding.

Now if you are a member who sits around in the new sweeps section and waits for someone to post a blog that is not categorized correctly just so you can post a note about the intelligence of the blog owner or other comments that don't belong, then this is considered trolling and won't be tolerated either.

We have asked that you give us a short period of time once a blog is submitted to get it categorized. We actually look for these giveaways first to get them taken care of and we have asked numerous times and yet every day we are deleting a comment that doesn't belong. It takes longer for us to delete the note then it does to hit the blog button.

Until Brent can come up with a programming solution where a box must be checked before any sweep is submitted we ask you to bear with us while we pm members and get the repeat offenders under control.

Thank you.

Last edited by Karen_246; September 25th, 2011 at 11:33am. Reason: fixed typo

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  December 6th, 2010, 10:10am     #2
Ziggywag
Senior Master Sweeper
Senior Editor
Rock Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_246 View Post
Finally, if you are a member who sits around in the new sweeps section and waits for someone to post a blog that is not categorized correctly just so you can post a note about the intelligence of the blog owner or other comments that don't belong, then this is considered trolling and won't be tolerated either.

We have asked that you give us a short period of time once a blog is submitted to get it categorized. We actually look for these giveaways first to get them taken care of and we have asked numerous times and yet every day we are deleting a comment that doesn't belong. It takes longer for us to delete the note then it does to hit the blog button.

Until Brent can come up with a programming solution where a box must be checked before any sweep is submitted we ask you to bear with us while we pm members and get the repeat offenders under control.

Thank you.
PLEASE RE-READ the above!

It is ridiculous to see the BLOG notes within minutes of a sweep being submitted and it will not be tolerated. The repeat offenders know who you are.

There are a lot of new blogs being listed lately that are not from regular contributors and they do not know how to submit their giveaways. Please give us an appropriate amount of time to get to them and edit them. The blogs that do contibute on a regular basis have been informed about checking off the "blog" field. We will be starting to warn members about excessive note posting also if this problem continues.

Everyone here is aware that if something is NOT yet validated then you really don't know what you are clicking on so in the best interest of all, if it isn't validated, skip it until it gets taken care of.

Follow me on Twitter
  Old  January 14th, 2011, 10:50am     #3
Ziggywag
Senior Master Sweeper
Senior Editor
Rock Goddess

Once again, the "BLOG" notes are starting to appear within minutes of submission. Several members have already been warned that this is considered Trolling and OLS guidelines about trolling will be enforced.

http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com...light=trolling

Follow me on Twitter
  Old  February 18th, 2011, 2:28pm     #4
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Guess it is time for another bump of this thread.

Seriously, some are putting blog comments in the notes immediately after they are submitted and most of them are already marked blog by the submitter.

This is considered trolling and won't be tolerated. Please read the above posts. We hate to enforce a ban for this because it is truly unnecessary for members to sit around in the new sweep section just waiting for something to be posted so that they can comment on it, but we will do it if it becomes necessary.

Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  April 23rd, 2011, 1:16pm     #5
Ziggywag
Senior Master Sweeper
Senior Editor
Rock Goddess

and one more bump!

Follow me on Twitter
  Old  August 8th, 2011, 5:52pm     #6
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Ugggh.

Really??

This has become a problem again. People are posting comments and trolling in the note sections of blogs shortly after they are submitted.

This is not going to be tolerated and will lead to bans for trolling.

Blog owners must check the blog button or risk the giveaway being deleted.

Members must stop trolling in the note section (and you all know who you are as we have the same offenders each time), or risk being banned.

Thank you.

Old  December 11th, 2012, 12:50pm     #7
GTBuzz
Grand Master Sweeper
Princess Yellow Jacket

A reminder to members:

Quote:
Please do not post the name of bloggers/sponsors to call them out about not receiving a win. In most cases the prize is not shipped from the blogger but from an agency. Calling out blogs disrupts the site, upsets bloggers and sponsors and creates negativity. We do not want sponsors/bloggers to be angry with our site as we appreciate the sweeps listings.

If you have not received your prize from a blog site make sure you have: emailed the blogger on all available email accounts (ie: contact us, email they sent you or other emails listed on blog) then try a post on their facebook and/or twitter page. If that doesn't work try contacting the sponsor politely asking for status. If none of these work please PM a Moderator with the information. We cannot get involved, but we will keep a list and if a blog site is a repeated problem we will flag it to Administration. Any threads/posts calling a blogger/sponsor out by name on this site will be deleted.
Thank you.

"We were meant to live for so much more. Have we lost ourselves?" - Switchfoot
Buzz's Trade List
Closed Thread