Senior Sweeper

Unhappy
Do not like them at all
  Old  July 8th, 2010, 5:09pm     #62
pandka
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fail View Post
Do you enter the blogging contests? While I have won from 3- blogs (past 9- months) I cannot help but wonder how many have a "real chance of winning? I don't "like, tweet, follow. ect., etc.) so I am generally limited to one entry. When I returned (after being offline for a few months), I saw in the forums-questions about the validity of the blogging sweeps! Do they really give out prizes, do they give prizes to their family, etc. Recently while entering a Blog contest, I notice that it was open to bloggers and non-bloggers. This got me to thinking, how many of these entries are from fellow bloggers that "like, tweet, follow, etc., etc." While entering a Blogher $100 question contest, the question was from another blogger that is part of that network!

It is bad enough that many blogs require membership, but for them to require following, tweeting, liking , etc., etc., is an (in my opinion) an insult to the companies that provide the prizes. But, who am I to say? If the companies don't care, why should the bloggers? But, when a majority percentage of the entries are from fellow bloggers that like, tweet, follow, etc., etc. who wins the prize? It seems as if many of the prizes go from one blogger to another blogger that is tied into the network! Well, that is my opinion and if I am wrong-I apologise!
Sorry but you are wrong. I don't think you really understand exactly how all this works. I'm not a blogger and I win a lot of blog contest. (If it were not for blogs, I would have won very little this year.)

You can have a blogger account that will allow you to follow them and/or subscribe to their Rss feed without actually having a blog. You also do not have to be a blogger to Tweet, like on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, subscribe, etc. The only entries that require someone to be a blogger are on some blogs, they will give an extra entry if you blog about the giveaway or an entry for posting that blog's button on your blog. Rarely, I'll see one where you have to blog about something to enter. The biggest thing with blogs is to read the rules carefully. I've been told on several blog wins that I won because I was one of the few that actually followed the rules and was not disqualified.

Old  July 8th, 2010, 5:16pm     #63
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandka View Post
Sorry but you are wrong. I don't think you really understand exactly how all this works. I'm not a blogger and I win a lot of blog contest. (If it were not for blogs, I would have won very little this year.)

You can have a blogger account that will allow you to follow them and/or subscribe to their Rss feed without actually having a blog. You also do not have to be a blogger to Tweet, like on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, subscribe, etc. The only entries that require someone to be a blogger are on some blogs, they will give an extra entry if you blog about the giveaway or an entry for posting that blog's button on your blog. Rarely, I'll see one where you have to blog about something to enter. The biggest thing with blogs is to read the rules carefully. I've been told on several blog wins that I won because I was one of the few that actually followed the rules and was not disqualified.
Yes, their logic doesn't quite work since I have a blog and I have won a total of maybe 2 in all the ones I have entered.

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  July 9th, 2010, 12:19am     #64
sewmuchstuff
Senior Sweeper

I got my $100 gift card from BlogHer yesterday! I answered one of their questions and I was randomly selected!

I also got my "WellnessMat" anti-stress mat for my kitchen floor (ARV $125) and it's awesome! Can't forget about the eye lash lengthening stuff too! All were from blogs!
  Old  July 9th, 2010, 2:01am     #65
sweepmama
Grand Master Sweeper

wasty

Old  July 12th, 2010, 10:32pm     #66
Junebug03
Senior Master Sweeper

Blog h#$#$
I hate them.. what is really upsetting is that I have to go through many blogs in new sweeps everyday to find a sweep worth the prize. Wish Brent would just leave the blogs out of new sweeps..make another tab "new Blogs"

June's Wins
Junebug03's Wins
  Old  July 17th, 2010, 3:11pm     #67
Margaret N.
Sweeper

I don't mind blogs but they do take a lot more time to enter.
  Old  July 17th, 2010, 3:31pm     #68
ThinLizzy
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug03 View Post
I hate them.. what is really upsetting is that I have to go through many blogs in new sweeps everyday to find a sweep worth the prize. Wish Brent would just leave the blogs out of new sweeps..make another tab "new Blogs"
There is a "No Blogs" option in the drop-down menu on all sweeps pages.

"Hall of Fame wins and Major Upgrades
come to those who wait."

Old  July 17th, 2010, 3:46pm     #69
bucbratt
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinLizzy View Post
There is a "No Blogs" option in the drop-down menu on all sweeps pages.
Love your siggy!

It is better to have loved and lost, than...to live with a Psycho for the rest of your life!.
  Old  July 17th, 2010, 4:30pm     #70
ThinLizzy
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucbratt View Post
Love your siggy!
Thanks! You know, most people don't notice that there's a skeleton sitting at the desk.

"Hall of Fame wins and Major Upgrades
come to those who wait."

Old  July 17th, 2010, 4:38pm     #71
InterplanetJanet
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret N. View Post
I don't mind blogs but they do take a lot more time to enter.

I agree - someone here at OLS tried telling me a while back that they don't take any longer to enter. Come on! Seriously? Let's be honest - they DO take longer but the odds are better. In the end it works out about the same I guess....

www.momanthology.com
  Old  July 17th, 2010, 5:31pm     #72
csandfs
Master Sweeper

I have come to like them personally. It is all about getting a "system" down for organizing blog entries to cut down on the time it takes to enter them. I find that doing ones that allow for daily entries via tweeting drastically increases your chances on winning. I know many people don't like them and that, of course, is just fine and dandy. I do think, however, that we will continue to see a surge in blog, Twitter, and Facebook sweepstakes as social media and business referral through this medium will continue to be important to both large and upcoming businesses. People love social media these days and companies are going to "latch" onto that! But...for those that don't like them...to each their own...and I hope you win lots anyhow!

Last edited by csandfs; July 17th, 2010 at 6:57pm. Reason: Shortening
  Old  July 17th, 2010, 5:48pm     #73
its_inevitable
Master Sweeper

Blogs are the crack houses of the sweeping world. Their mere presence reduces the value of everything around it and makes the whole neighborhood less hospitable.

I hate em.
  Old  July 17th, 2010, 5:54pm     #74
Ohtiger
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by its_inevitable View Post
Blogs are the crack houses of the sweeping world. Their mere presence reduces the value of everything around it and makes the whole neighborhood less hospitable.

I hate em.
What you said.

When I said I wanted to be somebody when I grew up, I should have been more specific
  Old  July 17th, 2010, 6:01pm     #75
shoelessjoe
Senior Master Sweeper

Blogs .... SUCK!!!

*** Support Organ & Tissue Donation ***

Tags
blog red flag, fashion blogger, mom blogger