Old  June 14th, 2010, 10:18pm     #31
mariebow
Senior Master Sweeper

I enter A FEW

Old  June 14th, 2010, 10:36pm     #32
TheDragon
Senior Sweeper

Thumbs up
I think I will be entering them more since I just won one after entering a handful just for the heck of it.
  Old  June 14th, 2010, 10:55pm     #33
foolofatook
Master Sweeper

I LOVE to read blogs, in fact there are far too many super cool art, craft, design, photography, etc etc blogs for me to keep up with them all. I think every day I find at least 1 more to add to my favorites.

But I HATE to enter their sweeps. So I just dont. I like to keep it simple.
  Old  June 14th, 2010, 11:33pm     #34
Mickeyfan
Senior Master Sweeper

Love love love em!!!

Old  June 16th, 2010, 10:42pm     #35
CrazyCatLady
Master Sweeper

For those of you who dislike blog giveaways, who think they are not sweeps and that they have taken over to the detriment of sweeping....

Have any of you contacted the sponsors to express your displeasure with them?

Not entering them doesn't get the point across to the sponsors because there are many, many people who will still enter.

Complaining on a message board doesn't get the point across to them.

Attacking blogs themselves doesn't get the point across to them.

Boycotting OLS doesn't get the point across to them.

I believe blog giveaways are here to stay, no matter how many people dislike them. I imagine it was the same when online entries became popular and all the old-time snailers had a issue with adapting.

I don't mind them. I go in spurts on how & when I enter them. 95% of my wins this year have come from blogs. And many are sponsored by well-known, large companies.

However, if no one is telling THEM (the sponsors) directly, then they have NO IDEA their marketing isn't working. And you're all bitching with no end result.
  Old  June 16th, 2010, 11:22pm     #36
yadgirl
Senior Master Sweeper
Deep Ends

I like blogs!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/SosaLover/FREEval6/bunny.gif

Squirrel Butts Do Not Glow.
  Old  June 17th, 2010, 11:46am     #37
HistoryMystery
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr4001 View Post
I was just thinking about this last night. Blogs are just like dailys in a way. You can choose to just enter once or you can take advantage of multiple entries.
How many times have you entered an instant every day for weeks and when you win it's for a prize worth $5 or less and there is a limit of one prize per person?
I've decided that choosing which blog prize I want to win and entering the 4 to unlimited number of times I choose gives me Waaaay better odds of winning. If it's a prize I like but it isn't something special or something I really, really want I will just do the minimum or maybe fan on Facebook or follow on Twitter - those are super easy to do.
But if it is something I really want (Like the Halo vacuum I won) I will try to do every entry possible.

Sure I prefer a simple Roboform entry, one time only, but if those sweeps aren't there I'm going to enter the ones I can.

After all, I'm a Sweepoholic! So far this year my blog wins are close to $1500.
You know, that's a really good point. People think they don't have a chance if they don't have the 10 extra entries, but I think we all enter non-blog dailies (or unlimiteds) on the last day just to get our name in the hat. I've won many a blog with just one entry, and I've even won some dailies with just one entry.

What I like about blogs is that you can see your chances. If there are 305 comments, then you've got a 1 in 306 chance to win by posting a comment. Some of the "regular" sweeps get thousands upon thousands of entries. I'd rather have a 1 in 306 chance of winning a $100 gift card than a 1 in 45,000 chance of winning a DVD.
  Old  June 17th, 2010, 12:55pm     #38
jafarhie
Master Sweeper

I started doing a few blogs and was just shocked at how ridiculous the requests were for extra entries. Follow me on Twitter then comeback here and post that you followed me, like me on Facebook and then come back to post that you liked me. Go to this site, review a product you like and comeback to tell us why you would buy that product, blog about our giveaway, subscribe to our feed, sign up for our newsletter, walk our dog and when you're finished take the trash out for two more entries.lol

You know blogs wouldn't get such a bad rap if it wasn't for all those requests. You really need to have a lot of time on your hands to do all that for a $30-$100 gift card. lol I'm going to focus on blogs that offer something worthwhile to enter and I'll probably go for the extra entries then. I refuse to beg someone for entries if the prize isn't worth it but to each his/her own.
  Old  June 17th, 2010, 1:00pm     #39
BabyLeaps
Master Sweeper

Won my first item today....LOVE 'EM. I love that I get a chance to write a bit, too, showing a bit of personality. For the ones that aren't strictly random, I would hope that would make a bit of a difference....
  Old  June 17th, 2010, 7:16pm     #40
pandka
Grand Master Sweeper

Received today from blogs:
-$25 GC to an online eco store
-Sleep Number True Silver Blanket- http://www.selectcomfort.com/eng/pro...anket?silverbl
-Kodak EasyShare M580 camera- http://store.kodak.com/store/ekconsu...ctID.169771600

That's almost $400 worth of wins from blogs!!!

I also was notified that I won DH some Channellock wrenches. He's excited about that since he loves their tools and he doesn't have this particular type of wrench.

Old  June 19th, 2010, 4:01am     #41
deckit
Master Sweeper

i dont hate them and i dont enter most of them. but i do hate the ones that offer you extra entrys if you tweet or facebook and so on. i only have so many hours in a day and i work 8 to 12 of them . if there was a way to list them if you only have to leave one comment. i mean if you have to do other things to get extra entries it should be listed under other instead of single. im bad at writing my point accross.if you know what i mean please tell me. if not also tell me.
  Old  June 19th, 2010, 5:29am     #42
patricjames
Master Sweeper

I stopped entering them after being stiffed so many times by bloggers. a couple of good prizes too. emails ignored. etc. why offer a prize if you aren't going to award it??? I mean really, what's the point??

My dog's name is Mr. Hot Shot. He likes to ride in the car and loves getting his ears scratched and belly rubbed.
  Old  June 19th, 2010, 5:31pm     #43
buddyspa
Senior Sweeper

Angry Blog clog
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post
For those of you who dislike blog giveaways, who think they are not sweeps and that they have taken over to the detriment of sweeping....

Have any of you contacted the sponsors to express your displeasure with them?

Not entering them doesn't get the point across to the sponsors because there are many, many people who will still enter.

Complaining on a message board doesn't get the point across to them.

Attacking blogs themselves doesn't get the point across to them.

Boycotting OLS doesn't get the point across to them.

I believe blog giveaways are here to stay, no matter how many people dislike them. I imagine it was the same when online entries became popular and all the old-time snailers had a issue with adapting.

I don't mind them. I go in spurts on how & when I enter them. 95% of my wins this year have come from blogs. And many are sponsored by well-known, large companies.

However, if no one is telling THEM (the sponsors) directly, then they have NO IDEA their marketing isn't working. And you're all bitching with no end result.
I totally agree with your take on blogs and your conclusion that they are a fact of life in sweeping. The observation that change maybe at the heart of attitudes against blogs is also valid. I have taken all the steps you propose, but get the impression that I am alone in making the effort to encourage modifying blog treatment. I'm no youngster, but my resistance to change is not the root of my antipathy with regard to blogs. As always, luck to all who do or do not enjoy blogging.
  Old  June 19th, 2010, 6:00pm     #44
heatherm0529
Master Sweeper

LOVE them! Most of my wins are from blogs.

My Wins for 2009-2011
My 2012-2014 Wins
Check out My Blog for fun and Exciting giveaways going on All the Time
http://www.mommysfavoritethings.com
  Old  June 19th, 2010, 6:03pm     #45
heatherm0529
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafarhie View Post
I started doing a few blogs and was just shocked at how ridiculous the requests were for extra entries. Follow me on Twitter then comeback here and post that you followed me, like me on Facebook and then come back to post that you liked me. Go to this site, review a product you like and comeback to tell us why you would buy that product, blog about our giveaway, subscribe to our feed, sign up for our newsletter, walk our dog and when you're finished take the trash out for two more entries.lol

You know blogs wouldn't get such a bad rap if it wasn't for all those requests. You really need to have a lot of time on your hands to do all that for a $30-$100 gift card. lol I'm going to focus on blogs that offer something worthwhile to enter and I'll probably go for the extra entries then. I refuse to beg someone for entries if the prize isn't worth it but to each his/her own.
And in the time it took you to write all that, you could've entered 2 blog giveaways INCLUDING all the extras

My Wins for 2009-2011
My 2012-2014 Wins
Check out My Blog for fun and Exciting giveaways going on All the Time
http://www.mommysfavoritethings.com

Tags
blog red flag, fashion blogger, mom blogger