Old  June 12th, 2010, 3:06pm     #1
*Kim*
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Editor

THE BLOG THREAD - Questions/Answers/Thoughts/Ideas ~ Either You Love 'em or Hate 'em - Post HERE
This a sticky thread for anyone who wants to either praise or vent about blogs. Please DO NOT start new threads with general vent/praise for or about blogs.

Thank you!

Note:

Please do not post the name of bloggers/sponsors to call them out about not receiving a win. In most cases the prize is not shipped from the blogger but from an agency. Calling out blogs disrupts the site, upsets bloggers and sponsors and creates negativity. We do not want sponsors/bloggers to be angry with our site as we appreciate the sweeps listings.

If you have not received your prize from a blog site make sure you have: emailed the blogger on all available email accounts (ie: contact us, email they sent you or other emails listed on blog) then try a post on their facebook and/or twitter page. If that doesn't work try contacting the sponsor politely asking for status. If none of these work please PM a Moderator with the information. We cannot get involved, but we will keep a list and if a blog site is a repeated problem we will flag it to Administration. Any threads/posts calling a blogger/sponsor out by name on this site will be deleted.

Last edited by GTBuzz; December 11th, 2012 at 12:46pm.
  Old  June 12th, 2010, 3:12pm     #2
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Well, it is Saturday, so I love 'em.

No

wait

wait

wait

yes I love 'em.

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  June 12th, 2010, 3:21pm     #3
tommy
Grand Master Sweeper
Founding Member

I don't enter any of them Kim but I don't hate them.

I am glad they are there for the ones that love them.

Either way have a great day pretty lass
  Old  June 12th, 2010, 3:28pm     #4
mzmac510
Master Sweeper

I know one thing; its a bummer to wake up and see 200 and something new sweeps, only to filter them mofos to find that only 40 or so are regular sweeps and the rest are blogs! For the record I don't hate them, however there are waaaay too many!
  Old  June 12th, 2010, 3:32pm     #5
sewmuchstuff
Senior Sweeper

Blogs RULE! Non-bloggy lovers drool!
  Old  June 12th, 2010, 3:35pm     #6
HistoryMystery
Grand Master Sweeper

Love them! I don't enter all of them, and I don't do many of the extra entries, but I sure do win a lot from them.

For those who complain about how many there are in comparison to non-blog sweeps, I invite all of you to go out and find some non-blog sweeps to add to the site. I certainly can't find any that aren't already here. At the same time, I do not complain about the time other people invest in posting ANY contest, whether I am interested in entering it or not.

I hope that those of you who find and post blog contests are not discouraged by the rude comments. I appreciate the time everyone takes to post a contest, and I am sure other people do, as well.

Remember that blogs are not taking up space reserved for non-blogs. If you got rid of the blogs, there would still be as few "regular" sweeps as there are now.
  Old  June 12th, 2010, 3:36pm     #7
AlaskanSweeper
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Kim* View Post
Please DO NOT start new threads with general vent/praise for or about blogs.

Thank you!
Thank you!

Love'em!
  Old  June 12th, 2010, 4:03pm     #8
philstacy
Master Sweeper

hate
  Old  June 12th, 2010, 4:04pm     #9
sottovoce
Senior Master Sweeper

Love 'em....hate 'em

Depends on the blog...not all blogs are created equal.

Brent Toady!
  Old  June 12th, 2010, 4:15pm     #10
ISLABONITA
Grand Master Sweeper

I any sweeps / sponsor that grants me a win.

I enter a few when I can and also twitter.

I can say I don't have a strong feeling either way for them.

I look for good cash or gift card prizes in my search and if it happens to be a blog , so be it , I enter it.

Emi & Crumpet
  Old  June 12th, 2010, 4:27pm     #11
LUCKYLADY43
Senior Master Sweeper

Smile
Yes I love them.
  Old  June 12th, 2010, 4:35pm     #12
pandka
Grand Master Sweeper

I love them.

Old  June 12th, 2010, 4:43pm     #13
ppammela
Gone Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzmac510 View Post
I know one thing; its a bummer to wake up and see 200 and something new sweeps, only to filter them mofos to find that only 40 or so are regular sweeps and the rest are blogs! For the record I don't hate them, however there are waaaay too many!
I know for me its more of a disappointment once you realize out of 200 sweeps there are only 40 that are not blogs, its not that I think OLS is not submitting "regular" sweeps just that it sucks when you realize 80% of the sweeps are something you do not enter.

It would be like a member who does not enter for trips and sees over 200 new sweeps listed, only to click on it and realize that 180 of the 200 were for trips, when that happens day after day it does kind of take the wind out of your sails.

I do think with so many good reads (which is only books) and blogs being posted under free sweeps vs "regular" sweeps, it would be nice if Brent or the mods started adjusting the "requirements" for premium sweeps and tossed a few of us non paying members a bone lol.

Yeah yeah I know, I am a "mooch" and how dare I complain about something I am getting for "free", which is why I dont rely only on OLS for sweeps lol. For myself it isnt that big of a deal, but I know there are plenty of non paying members that because of financial reasons can not afford to go premium and are so loyal to OLS they would never use another site, I imagine it would suck big time for them.
  Old  June 12th, 2010, 5:24pm     #14
floomper
Master Sweeper

Hate is way too strong of a word.........for me, they are just too time consuming and although there are a few with worthwhile prizes, 99% give away prizes I don't want or need.

And I also don't want to have to leave a comment and beg for the prize.

I would rather enter for prizes from reputable companies.
  Old  June 13th, 2010, 3:37pm     #15
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

I don't enter a ton of blogs (or sweeps in general these days LOL) but I SOOO love anything I"ve won from them!!

Tags
blog red flag, fashion blogger, mom blogger