Old  February 12th, 2009, 3:07pm     #31
Miki
Grand Master Sweeper

Hey guys, I made a mistake and wanted to bring it to everyones attention just in case any of you have done the same.

I didn't read the rules very well and missed the one per household rule. I am very lucky that I got to keep my account though I referred another in my household. That account is now closed but, take it from me....PLEASE read the rules, it's embaressing and I'm ashamed that I didn't do it.

SWAGBUCKS
"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
  Old  February 19th, 2009, 9:15pm     #32
shoppinqueen
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyris1321 View Post
Does anyone know how long it takes for friends swagbucks to show up on your account? I have a friend that signed up 5 days ago, and so far has 8 swagbucks. My account only shows 1 from that person.

Thank you,
Andria
Ask your friend if they did their searches only from the main site at swagbucks.com or if they searched on the sister sites. If somebody signs up under your regular swagbucks link you'll only get credit when they win on swagbucks, say they do a seatch on wynnoa and they win,you won't get credit for that.

The same works in reverse..if you have friends sign up under a link from one of the sister sites you won't get credit for any swagbucks they win on any other site..including swagbucks main.

hope that helps you.

In compliance with OLS rules, I have removed the link to my site

http://swagbucks.com/refer/geekbabe
  Old  February 19th, 2009, 9:27pm     #33
bazbal
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoppinqueen View Post
Ask your friend if they did their searches only from the main site at swagbucks.com or if they searched on the sister sites. If somebody signs up under your regular swagbucks link you'll only get credit when they win on swagbucks, say they do a seatch on wynnoa and they win,you won't get credit for that.

The same works in reverse..if you have friends sign up under a link from one of the sister sites you won't get credit for any swagbucks they win on any other site..including swagbucks main.

hope that helps you.
You also don't get anything if a friend uses a swagcode.

Search 'N' Win free stuff with Swagbucks! or why not answer surveys for cash prizes at Instant Cash Sweepstakes Its fun, free, and easy!
  Old  February 20th, 2009, 9:52am     #34
djr58
Grand Master Sweeper

If anyone redeems Swagbucks for Amazon codes, be sure to check your account under "My Gift Cards" because that is where they are putting the codes.

My last three Amazon gift codes didn't come by email and I was wondering why I hadn't gotten them yet. So I searched Swagbucks and found them there. I had to copy the code from that page to redeem at Amazon.

Just thought I'd post this in case anyone is wondering where their Amazon codes are!

Old  February 20th, 2009, 1:43pm     #35
germanyj
Master Sweeper

Yeah, I love the new gc redemption procedure. I cashed out for $15.00 worth of Amazon gc and had the code in my Swagbucks account the very same day. No longer have to wait several days to get to go shopping!

Today is double mega Friday. They are giving away 2000 points today, not that I've won a single one so far. Good luck everyone! Hope we have lots of big winners.

PM me for a LOCKERZ invite. Earn points for awesome prizes. Marc Jacobs handbag for 350 pts, iPod for 300 pts.
http://swagbucks.com/refer/GermanyJ
http://www.superpoints.com/spd/gugel98
  Old  February 20th, 2009, 1:50pm     #36
Miki
Grand Master Sweeper

Thanks for the heads up, I've had to email them about missing codes a few times myself. I have enough for another $5 GC and trying to get a couple things from Amazon so I may go cash out.

SWAGBUCKS
"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
  Old  February 20th, 2009, 6:20pm     #37
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by djr58 View Post
If anyone redeems Swagbucks for Amazon codes, be sure to check your account under "My Gift Cards" because that is where they are putting the codes.

My last three Amazon gift codes didn't come by email and I was wondering why I hadn't gotten them yet. So I searched Swagbucks and found them there. I had to copy the code from that page to redeem at Amazon.

Just thought I'd post this in case anyone is wondering where their Amazon codes are!
I'm glad I stopped in and read this.. I finally put in for an Amazon code and was wondering why it was taking so long to get e-mailed to me.. so long I almost forgot about it!!!

Mega Fridays don't do me a bit of good.. I'm lucky to win 1 swag!

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  March 11th, 2009, 9:44am     #38
eyzofblu63
Grand Master Sweeper

OK, question??? If I search with another SwagBucks site ( i used the Randy Moss site) and win from their, it shows up on my Swagbucks account, but it won't let me use them towards the Amazon GC I want. Can I only use the ones I actually get from Swagbucks on Swagbucks? And if so what good are the others?

Hopefully that made sense,lol.
  Old  March 11th, 2009, 9:49am     #39
theknowerofstuff
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyzofblu63 View Post
OK, question??? If I search with another SwagBucks site ( i used the Randy Moss site) and win from their, it shows up on my Swagbucks account, but it won't let me use them towards the Amazon GC I want. Can I only use the ones I actually get from Swagbucks on Swagbucks? And if so what good are the others?

Hopefully that made sense,lol.
Yup, that's correct. you can only get the Amazon GC's from the original search site. As for the ones you have, you need to go to that search site (Randy Moss Swagbucks) and get soemthing from their prizes.

I have a few swagbucks from another search part of Swagbucks too and nothing to do with them.
  Old  March 11th, 2009, 12:36pm     #40
germanyj
Master Sweeper

I had swagbucks from several of the other sites, 2 points here, 1 point there. I didn't know what I was going to do with them so I wen to each of the sites I had points with and all of them had swagstakes prizes in the stores. So I just used them to get entries into the 100 and 500 swagbucks sweeps. I was able to get rid of all the unwanted swagbucks and now the only ones I have left are for the main swagbucks site.

PM me for a LOCKERZ invite. Earn points for awesome prizes. Marc Jacobs handbag for 350 pts, iPod for 300 pts.
  Old  March 11th, 2009, 2:58pm     #41
mom2anutball
Senior Sweeper

About how long does it take to get the amazon codes after you redeem? It says something like 5-7 days but I've heard its like instantly is that true? And what do people mean when they say it goes to your account? Like your amazon account? Thanks in advance!!

Search and Earn with me at SWAGBUCKS!!
Message me if you would like an invite to Superpoints! You can earn Amazon GC's and Paypal really fast!! HERE is one invite worth 75 BONUS points!!
This invite is worth 50 BONUS Superpoints!
  Old  March 11th, 2009, 3:02pm     #42
SillyLilly
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2anutball View Post
About how long does it take to get the amazon codes after you redeem? It says something like 5-7 days but I've heard its like instantly is that true? And what do people mean when they say it goes to your account? Like your amazon account? Thanks in advance!!
It took me a full week to get mine that I redeemed about 2 weeks ago.

Yes, you put the codes in your amazon account and they stay there till you use them. I don't think they expire anymore, but I could be wrong.
  Old  May 3rd, 2009, 12:28pm     #43
stoopidgerl
Master Sweeper

Thumbs down
Has anyone gotten Swagbucks from shopping through their site??? I ordered things from Overstock, Buy.com, and iTunes over a month ago and NO SWAGBUCKS have been credited to my account.

http://www.stoopidgerl.com
  Old  May 3rd, 2009, 1:14pm     #44
SaneDough
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopidgerl View Post
Has anyone gotten Swagbucks from shopping through their site??? I ordered things from Overstock, Buy.com, and iTunes over a month ago and NO SWAGBUCKS have been credited to my account.
That is how I get most of my swagbucks.

They are usually really quick about posting them. I do keep an eye on it though, and send them a note when I havent gotten credit.

If you do that, include the when, how much, where..etc of you your order and they will check into it and make sure you get credits.

Make sure you click through their links to place the order, dont just go the site on your own.

I get hundreds of swagbucks from them every couple months...so it really does work to shop and earn!
  Old  June 17th, 2009, 11:02am     #45
germanyj
Master Sweeper

I highly suggest that you guys get the new Swagbucks widget. This thing is so awesome. I put it on my Facebook page and on my Blogger page. It lets you search directly from it but more importantly it has a a button that says "swag code." You click on it and it tells you if there is currently a swag code available and if there is one it tells you exactly where to find it. For example, the first day I downloaded it I clicked on it and it said there is currently a free swag code on Facebook. I tried to post it here so everyone can see it but am having problems trying to get it to post on forums and message boards. TSG said to email them if we're having problems and they'll try to help us figure it out b/c they are still working out all the kinks so I did email them and ask them how to get it to show up in a message post b/c I wanted to share it with you guys on OLS. Still waiting for a response but I'm sure they are inundated with emails right now.

If I do get it figured out I will post it for you guys to see. It is so much easier than having to check Facebook, Flickr, the swag blog, Twitter, YouTube, etc. trying to find swag codes. This "Swidget" as TSG calls it makes it so much easier to get those free swag codes. I just keep one of my pages open where I have the swidget on and periodically check to see if there is a code. If there is not one it will give you a message saying there is currently no swag code available and if there is one it tells you exactly where to find it, such as the blog, Facebook, etc. It really is such a time saver and now I'm not missing any of the codes like I used to.

As far as posting codes here, sorry but TSG is really strict about us posting codes and will ban you if he finds out you posted them. We are allowed to post that there is a code currently available and where to find it, give clues, etc. but will not let you post the code word itself. This has been discussed on Facebook several times and there have been a lot of members banned b/c they thought they were helping fellow Swaggernauts out and ended up getting banned. I love Swag Bucks way too much to risk losing my account due to posting a code I shouldn't have. Download the Swidget and you'll always know where a code is. I joined Facebook specifically for Swagbucks. I'm not into the whole social networking thing, all my friends are here and I just don't have time for it but do like getting those free codes. Plus TSG plays trivia with us on Facebook a lot of times so you have to be a member in order to get the clues for the trivia questions or scavenger hunts.
Good luck and happy sweeping!!

This was just posted on the blog. It's a complete list of Do's and Dont's and how to earn swag codes.
http://www.swagbucks.com/?cmd=gn-s1-dds