Old  June 22nd, 2017, 4:38pm     #1
ele
Senior Sweeper

Question Not sure what to do about a Twitter "win"
I was notified via direct message from a sponsor on June 12 or 13 that I was the potential winner for a Twitter sweep, I believe the grand prize was a $1,000 Sephora gift card - the message stated that I had 48 hours to respond with my contact information. I responded within ten hours of the post and via direct message and emailed the sponsor (a cable television channel) as well. I emailed her again earlier this week and still have heard back - what should I do?
  Old  June 22nd, 2017, 5:54pm     #2
Susan
Senior Master Sweeper

I'd post tweets tagging her, sephora and the tv station with "So excited about winning the GC - sent my info via DM" and the date you sent it.
  Old  June 22nd, 2017, 6:11pm     #3
ele
Senior Sweeper

Thank you so much!
I just posted a happy tweet - great idea!!!!!
  Old  June 22nd, 2017, 9:12pm     #4
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Sometimes no one gets back to you even though they received your info and everything is on track.. it's tough when you'd really like that confirmation and don't get it.

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  June 22nd, 2017, 11:12pm     #5
cowboyswife
Master Sweeper

Sometimes, you reply and hear nothing back, but recently I had two sweepstakes I won and one was for a product but to receive it I they were sending me an amazon gc for 99% of the cost. Well I got an email about a month ago saying they were going to send the amazon code the next day. I finally e-mailed them saying I never got the code. They apologized and sent it. Then I one the BJs membership with the 50.00 gift the gift ended up being a blanket but I had to go to a BJs location with a photo id to claim the blanket, I e-mailed the rep and told her I did not live near a BJs and isn't there away with all the online shopping I could receive it by going online. I did not hear back from her so I considered it a loss. But, then yesterday UPS dropped by a package and she sent me $50 gift card saying since I was not in the demographic area to receive the prize and I could still use my BJs membership online to make purchases. What a nice surprise to receive.
  Old  June 27th, 2017, 1:26pm     #6
ele
Senior Sweeper

Question Thank you for the input
I just emailed the contact again with my info - next week I think I will call if I don't hear back - otherwise, I will just let it go even though it's a big win
  Old  June 27th, 2017, 2:05pm     #7
hare2Win
Master Sweeper

I definitely would call the sponsor.

“Luck is believing you're lucky.” - Tennessee Williams
  Old  June 27th, 2017, 2:35pm     #8
NJsunbunny
Master Sweeper

It's only been 2 weeks! The company may be processing it. If you don't hear from them in another week or so track down the phone number and call.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/njsunbunny
  Old  June 27th, 2017, 3:22pm     #9
ele
Senior Sweeper

Talking Thanks!
My concern is that my contact works for the sponsor (cable TV channel) and of course, I am paranoid and worried that they chose another winner even though I got back to them within the time requirement! I know that I am being impatient but I am just excited
FINGERS CROSSED
  Old  July 20th, 2017, 5:31pm     #10
ele
Senior Sweeper

Unhappy Update/no update
Well I continue to wait on this "win" - a nice shoutout on Twitter and friendly emails haven't worked. Haven't been able to get through to the sponsor via phone. Today I send a friendly hand-written letter to the TV station's general address. We'll see - I may just have to let this one go.

Old  July 20th, 2017, 6:47pm     #11
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Congratulations!