Old  June 9th, 2017, 4:47pm     #1
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Cheaters and Spammers Shut This Down!
Thank you for your participation in our recent contest. We had overwhelming participation but unfortunately the contest was spammed with fake emails and fake leads so we had to shut it down within the first 24 hours. Because of the spamming, the leads and points system were calculated incorrectly. We still want to reward you for your participation by offering you 50% off our new Morgan style. We will be having another contest with a new system.
  Old  June 9th, 2017, 4:49pm     #2
gorgor
Senior Sweeper

who was that? How about posting who it is?
  Old  June 9th, 2017, 5:02pm     #3
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

I'd imagine it's happening a lot but not being dealt with... I don't think it's just a lot more people entering legally that's creating such a win slump for so many of us.

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  June 9th, 2017, 7:30pm     #4
LilDevil
Master Sweeper

Hmmmmmm , Always LEERY about contests like this . So they got lot's of emails , or as they call em ,,,," LEADS " and then they shut down the contest ? Wonder if they are still going to try and contact those " LEADS "

Old  June 9th, 2017, 10:20pm     #5
motwell
Senior Sweeper

Was it a blog?
  Old  June 9th, 2017, 11:31pm     #6
implode
Master Sweeper

A blog is a non professionally run sweepstakes...

Hall of Fame Winner of BMW i3!!!
Hall of Fame Winner of a trip to NZ!!!
Hall of Fame Winner of $10,000!!!
Hall of Fame winner of Super Bowl Trip!!!
  Old  June 10th, 2017, 9:18am     #7
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Sorry guys I just now got back to this thread.

GET 50% OFF YOUR ORDER

Thank you for your participation in our recent contest. We had overwhelming participation but unfortunately the contest was spammed with fake emails and fake leads so we had to shut it down within the first 24 hours. Because of the spamming, the leads and points system were calculated incorrectly. We still want to reward you for your participation by offering you 50% off our new Morgan style. We will be having another contest with a new system.

In order to receive your 50% off discount, please do the following:

1. Visit www.FlatOutofHeels.com
2. Select the MORGAN style of Flat Outs in your size
3. Enter the code 'FlatOutLover' at check out
4. Limit 1 per customers (additional orders will be cancelled)

We apologize for the inconvenience and we look forward to sending your new pair of Flat Outs!
  Old  June 10th, 2017, 9:21am     #8
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilDevil View Post
Hmmmmmm , Always LEERY about contests like this . So they got lot's of emails , or as they call em ,,,," LEADS " and then they shut down the contest ? Wonder if they are still going to try and contact those " LEADS "
I would think by "leads" they are referring to referrals maybe.

If this is happening with this contest I would imaging it's happening with others and is probably part of the reason nobody is winning that much anymore.
  Old  June 10th, 2017, 9:27am     #9
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomar97 View Post
I'd imagine it's happening a lot but not being dealt with... I don't think it's just a lot more people entering legally that's creating such a win slump for so many of us.
You might be right. That and the fact that there really aren't that many good sweeps/freebies out there anymore like there use to be.

I see people all the time getting rude and nasty to people holding sweeps and freebies because they don't get the freebie or don't win. Especially on FB. The call the sweeps scams etc. People are messed up.
  Old  June 10th, 2017, 9:57am     #10
joshm367
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcclave View Post
You might be right. That and the fact that there really aren't that many good sweeps/freebies out there anymore like there use to be.

I see people all the time getting rude and nasty to people holding sweeps and freebies because they don't get the freebie or don't win. Especially on FB. The call the sweeps scams etc. People are messed up.
I personally think 80-90% of the sweeps are won by cheating. Either blatant cheating with auto programs and fake names or "grey area" cheating with multiple email address, entering everyone you know, and fake referral emails.
  Old  June 10th, 2017, 3:27pm     #11
CatLover
Grand Master Sweeper

Honestly, I wish "referrals" would just go away. This is probably one of the areas most open to abuse, and a lot of companies seem to have realized it. At least it seems to me that you see fewer sweeps with entries for referrals - or they only give entries for a small number of referrals.

Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition. - Marilyn Monroe
  Old  June 10th, 2017, 3:30pm     #12
coljim
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcclave View Post
I would think by "leads" they are referring to referrals maybe.

If this is happening with this contest I would imaging it's happening with others and is probably part of the reason nobody is winning that much anymore.
I got that one too. I think that it was legit only because I am getting a lot of requests to enter these things where winners are picked by most referrals. Lot of start ups. I enter as a favor to friends but you won't see much of this on my wall.
Winning is harder these days.

My Wins
  Old  July 30th, 2017, 1:45am     #13
SuperSweeper001
Sweeper

This looks like a bogus site.

The e-mail appears bogus - I don't believe they actually offered any 'freebie' - but rather used that as an excuse to 'sell' it for 50% off, etc. Essentially give a coupon for overpriced merchandise.