Old  June 4th, 2017, 10:35pm     #1
awssm
Grand Master Sweeper

Newsletters
We all know the routine: enter sweeps, get newsletters. I try to manage my mailbox to limit SPAM but sometimes find an overabundance of emails from sources that seem impossible to unsubscribe from.
I'd rather avoid getting these in the first place so usually uncheck the box when the option is offered.

Which sponsors do you feel generate the most unwanted emails?

America: Love it or give it back.
  Old  June 5th, 2017, 11:47am     #2
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

I should keep track so I can unsubscribe after the period I have to be on them.

Some I have no clue where they come from.. I do hate Kim Komando .. even when I enter her sweeps where newsletters are offered only if you check, I get blasted with hers.

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  June 9th, 2017, 5:14am     #3
awssm
Grand Master Sweeper

Occasional emails are not too bad but it is annoying to get three, four or more daily from the same sponsor.

Old  November 8th, 2017, 6:31pm     #4
awssm
Grand Master Sweeper

Old  November 8th, 2017, 8:02pm     #5
plazamama
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomar97 View Post
I should keep track so I can unsubscribe after the period I have to be on them.

Some I have no clue where they come from.. I do hate Kim Komando .. even when I enter her sweeps where newsletters are offered only if you check, I get blasted with hers.
A long time ago, she had a daily, Cool Site of the Day. Some of them were really awesome. There was one that had the sounds of the planets. I mean however they interpreted the sound in the vacuum of space. and a bubble wrap you could pop with your mouse. and more. Those two are now defunct but there are others I still have bookmarked.

Then it was replaced with Video of the day.
  Old  November 8th, 2017, 8:22pm     #6
QBookie
Master Sweeper

I love newsletters
I previously checked “NO” for newsletters.
As there became fewer sweeps offered and more diverse ways to enter and I don't own a smart phone, I figured there must be another way.
My idea was, “If I can't go to them, I'll let them come to me.”
Where as I used to say no to newsletters, now, every time I see the box that says "Would you like to receive offers, news, etc.?" from reputable companies, I subscribe. I get notice of many new sweeps, before they get posted here.
I target some of my newsletters by category. If I can drink it, Whisky, Beer, Soda, Water, I probably found their newsletter and subscribed. A lot of what I target is what you might find in the grocery store, snacks, packaged food, produce, dairy. I also do companies that sponsor various sports. I have many other newsletters as well.
Another perk is some offer subscriber only sweepstakes. I recently got subscriber only sweeps from a produce company and a drink company.

Honey, Ain't Nothin' Ever Gonna Be Like It Was Before.
  Old  November 9th, 2017, 10:11am     #7
clc408
Senior Master Sweeper

I don't appreciate newsletters. It takes a lot of time out of my day to delete from several devices. I do wish some bloggers would send a weekly digest instead of daily or multiple daily posts. I don't hear from my kids or closest friends nearly that often