Old  March 18th, 2015, 9:40am     #1
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Twitter Sweepstakes Article/Rules/Best Practices (Thank You Embee)
Sweeping world is forever changing and though twitter has been used frequently, sponsors are more and more going that route for sweepstakes.

We all know that twitter has limits (which should be lifted) and you can get yourself into twitter jail by following/unfollowing/tweeting to much in an hour, etc. How some sponsors don't think to kindly to people that follow then immediately unfollow (so they ban you), etc.

One of our members found this article and information and I thought that it would be a good idea to post it in this section and make it a sticky so people can read up on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embee View Post
I see there was a closed thread about Amazon entries. Please don't close this. This is not the topic. I just wanted to remind those who do enter that there are Twitter rules for following/followers and a ratio as such.

https://support.twitter.com/articles/68916-following-rules-and-best-practices

There are follow limits, and also something called a follow churn. (following and immediately unfollowing) and one "sponsor" pretty much called out anyone who lost and immediately unfollowed, it was pretty foul.

I don't know what the answer is for those who want to enter the ever growing trend of twitter sweeps, but I thought I'd put it out there. GLTA.

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
Closed Thread