Old  July 28th, 2006, 11:10pm     #106
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

jcns --- you can do it. Just come a little early and hang and help me!! It's supposed to be a pretty straight (nd pretty) run that time of the year. In fact, I am heading up to NH in September so I'll have a pretty good idea. If I can do it you can too!! ROADTRIP!!! Several coming down from New Hampshire, Maine and upper New York already so you can't be scared!! Maybe you'll hear from some of them through the forum. COME ON DOWN!!! and be sure to go over to the town of Hershey our way home. So make it a VACATION. I'll be staying over on Thursday night and I have the room booked for Sunday night too. I'm going into Hershey on Sunday afternoon or Monday morning.
  Old  July 29th, 2006, 8:52am     #107
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARAN52
hmmmm, momma gets a cut of the money???

He's gonna need an agent momma!!!
  Old  July 29th, 2006, 8:53am     #108
slgibbs1
Master Sweeper

Hey, guess what! You will be in the area in late October...Cristmas Shopping. Hello!!! REading is less than aan hours drive and has the following REAL factory outlets. Not those knockoffs. These are the Original factory outlets, not the mall type .Check out the list below:
Vanity Fair- lucious undies
VF Outlet Vlg, Reading, PA

Black and Decker- will keep hubby amused

Rawlings sporting goods,,,ditto
801 Hill Ave, Reading, PA

Tommy Hilfiger
739 Reading Ave, Reading, PA

Osh Kosh B'Gosh..kids

Coach factory store..leather goods
739 Reading Ave, Reading, PA

Big Dog Sportswear

London Fog

Easy Spirit

Oneida Factory Store

Geoffrey Beene

Dooney & Bourke PA Inc

Van Heusen Factory Outlet
801 Hill Ave # B16, Reading, PA

Liz Claiborne Outlet Store

Etienne Aigner
739 Reading Ave # 2, Reading, PA

There are also the Original Pfaltzgraff outlet in the York and Lancaster areas. That's their home. As well as Danskin and my personal favorit---PEPPERIDGE FARM outlet in Lancaster
etc, etc
Am I getting through to you yet?
Tell him you will save enough on holiday shopping that it will pay for the trip....

Sandy________________
Wins-$20,000, Trip to Las Vegas to the Comedy Festival, $2500 DEll XPS Computer, Trip to Czech Republic, $5,000 Bloomingdales GC, camping package, trip for 4 to Mexico, trip to the Caymans
  Old  July 29th, 2006, 12:16pm     #109
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

Sandy. Thanks for posting that information. Will be considering a stop over also. Any of you guys from around the Hershey/Grantville area are encouraged to help us by posting some of the things nearby that you highly recommend. We're from the Philly area so we know some stuff from going out that way on vacations, etc., but you guys know all the little hiddens.

Anyone traveling down can certainly make a vacation out of the week.
  Old  July 29th, 2006, 12:19pm     #110
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

Warning...
One thing that I do want to caution some of you driving in that have never been in Amish territory. Watch out for the Amish horse and buggies. It was pouring rain when I went to one of the meetings out in Lancaster. Not thinking I tucked my head under the umbrella and made a bee-line for the front door of the restaurant. I popped out from between two cars right into the path of the horse and buggy. Well, needless to say I almost crapped my pants. And the poor horse just gave me a look like, "jackass" and off the went on their way.

Ya, know they do their wipers by hand??? wow.
  Old  August 2nd, 2006, 7:15am     #111
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

Ok -- that's 14 so far......where's the rest of you OLSers??? Hurry, hurry let's make the list really, really long (for KB and me....)
  Old  August 4th, 2006, 9:13pm     #112
positivelift
Senior Master Sweeper

I received a confirmation email for both myself and my DW. We're so there!

Rob's 2014 wins
  Old  August 4th, 2006, 11:08pm     #113
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

Just logged in Katybug and her daughter SO CONNECTICUT COMES THROUGH!! Welcome aboard the OLS train!! And Karen was that yours that I just got? Karen D.??? OLSers need to do me a favor and put your screen names on the applications so I can figure out what name goes with what. KB is doing a super job so far gathering the names for me. I have all of those that received confirmations matched up already. Want to be able to get the OLSers all seating together for the banquet since you are coming from all over the U.S. KB will lead the herd for the sessions.......right KB. I laugh cause I usually remember seeing the OLSers hugging the back wall after a night of no sleep..... 12 weeks til party time!!! 53 days til registration closes unless we sell out before then.
  Old  August 12th, 2006, 3:27pm     #114
KnitU1
Master Sweeper

Red face Not sure we can attend - yes, no, yes, no.....
Hi y'all

Mz Monkiez (sami my daughter) and I are not sure if we are going to be able to attend.

Beyond what has been happening with my 14 year old son, some of you are aware of the medical nightmare that has become our life this past month or so.....

I ended up with pneumonia .... then trying to be super mom tried to go to work this past Tuesday.... got dizzy - tried to sit down, fainted and went down an entire flight of stairs - (we live on the 2nd floor)blowing out my right knee, as well as make me a walking talking connect the bruises kind of thing. Concussion, etc.... not a pretty picture and not a great deal of fun. THEN, yesterday, a bruise that they thought was a simple bruise, behind my left knee, is in fact a hematoma - things really started to hurt, but I didn't hink anything of it cause dang my whole body hurts!!... but then it got bigger, my leg started to swell and turn a funky color.... so off to the ER again.

I need to have a knee replacement surgery on the right knee..... I may also have to have hip surgery, and well I've always been dizzy, but the concussion and now problems with the vision in my right eye.. well.. you get the jist of it.

Sami's boyfriend was even willing to drive us, cause I can't drive, but with everything going on, I haven't decided on the knee replacement or not just yet, financially just can't do it.
I am more sorry than I can say, cause we REALLY REALLY REALLY were looking forward to this. We had even begun to create our bags, and gettting ready to order some OLS stuff to represent. Was showing my daughter the ropes on the whole sweeping thing, "she's lovin it".

Oh - by the way - SHE WON GOLD IN TENNESSEE - AT THE NATIONALS FOR FCCLA!!! I couldn't be more proud of her! Made our local papers, she won a scholarship to boot for college so that's a big relief (given the way thinggs are going right now)...

Sooooo the next time there is a mini convention in the area - and if you guys would be so great to send pictures - I would love to put faces to the names and personalities here.

Who knows though, I just might say screw it, come all bandaged up crutches and all .... i keep wobbling (on crutches and off - teehee) about this. My daughter is doing the same.
Plus t he enormous amount of drugs I'm on right now aren't helping me think any clearer... lolololol
So right now it's a NO - but - maybe a - Yes.. No - Yes.. No - UGH UGH UGH!

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers and send those good vibes along!

Christine & Sami (MzMonkiez)
  Old  August 12th, 2006, 8:23pm     #115
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

Sorry to hear about the mishap
Sorry to hear about all of your boo-boo's and wish you a speedy recovery. If your daughter's boyfriend is willing to drive you guys down and things are going much better, we'd be glad to have him attend as well. Some of the session speakers go beyond just sweeping information and I am sure he would have a good time. Will give you a break that I am sure you much need.

See how things go. There's still plenty of time to heal. We will all pray for a speedy recovery so that you can come visit with us. Bring the crutchs, wheelchair or whatever you would feel comfortable with. We will see that you get around without a problem.

I just had back laser surgery so I know somewhat about hurting. Gotta keep focused on healing too so that I can have a good time that weekend. Hey, we could always do the "gimp" instead of dancing the night away.

Be good and take care.
  Old  August 17th, 2006, 6:50pm     #116
steflink
Senior Sweeper

Hershey Outlets
I live near the area and will be looking forward to attending the convention.

Here is a link to the Hershey Outlets--not too far from the convention:
http://www.theoutletsathershey.com/

There is also Hershey Chocolate World to enjoy:
http://www.hersheys.com/chocolateworld/

"...we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our election between economy and liberty or profusion and servitude."
--Thomas Jefferson

www.lp.org
  Old  August 17th, 2006, 6:54pm     #117
steflink
Senior Sweeper

Pneumonia
I can relate Knitten---was just diagnosed with Pneumonia today! I've been practically laid out for a week now...it's so miserable. I'm finally on antibiotics and am hoping that I'll see an improvement soon.
At least I can now sit up....and I'm not burning up

"...we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our election between economy and liberty or profusion and servitude."
--Thomas Jefferson

www.lp.org
  Old  September 5th, 2006, 1:29am     #118
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

Any more peeps coming that are not on KB's list???? Registration must be received by the 27th of this month. Still a few spots left to register.
  Old  September 8th, 2006, 4:28pm     #119
dcreed
Master Sweeper

Finally Im IN!!!
Had some conflicts to jump over like my 82 year old mom and Hubby's schedule but I am
finally going to do something for me (gosh, I feel very selfish) and Im in!!!

Hotels and transportation have just fell into place.

I am really, really excited about it.

And to top it off, Im going with a great friend, the other Denice!! Just wait till you see the "PEACHES!!"

Your judgment will not make the world a better place. Only love can do that. Only grace.
  Old  September 8th, 2006, 9:08pm     #120
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcreed
And to top it off, Im going with a great friend, the other Denice!! Just wait till you see the "PEACHES!!"

That might be the best thing I've heard all week! You know I loves me some PEACHES!!!