Old  September 18th, 2018, 12:49pm     #16
wottahuzzee
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitpicker View Post
Form fillers are actually necessary tools for handicapped and disabled people that allow them to easily overcome certain movement limitations. I would assume that any blanket ban on using a form filler would be in violation of the Americans With Disabilities act and could result in fines and other punishments for US based websites in violation.
Yes, I totally agree with this, and this is more or less what I wanted to comment. But, how do you know you have actually been disqualified for using a form filler? It is not like they send you a letter saying so. They definitely do need to take ADA into consideration.
  Old  September 18th, 2018, 3:54pm     #17
implode
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysLearning View Post
I'm boycotting Google products, so I use Firefox. No yellow there.
I get the yellow thing on FF on a site that rhymes with 'creamy' kitchen, maybe you know the one I'm talking about.

Hall of Fame Winner of BMW i3!!!
Hall of Fame Winner of a trip to NZ!!!
Hall of Fame Winner of $10,000!!!
Hall of Fame winner of Super Bowl Trip!!!
  Old  September 18th, 2018, 7:05pm     #18
celticrn
Junior Sweeper

Trying different things to escape the 'yellow'. Found it was easier for me to just add a space at the front of each entry. Until one sweep said it was an invalid email add, so addi g the space at the beginning ended up wasting many entries.
  Old  September 18th, 2018, 9:15pm     #19
ptlptl
Senior Sweeper

I use Firefox and I tried the Steamy K entry. Used Roboform. Had to hit it twice but no yellow came up on my end.
  Old  September 18th, 2018, 11:34pm     #20
socisujo
Junior Sweeper

Red face
Back in the day, I used RoboForm exclusively and won tons of stuff. That being said, I have been away from sweeping for a number of years. I recently returned to sweeping and downloaded RF. I found it to be extraordinarily glitchy. I just use the auto-fill in my browser & have to agree with the sweeper that it would likely violate the ADA if using a form filler was an issue for some companies.
  Old  September 19th, 2018, 4:13pm     #21
loadingzone
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qncterra View Post
Just wondering if you remember where you saw the note about the yellow highlighted boxes?
No I don't. I think it was in the notes of one of the sweeps added within 5 days of my post.

Loadingzone

"Live to sweep; sweep to live"
  Old  September 19th, 2018, 4:15pm     #22
loadingzone
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysLearning View Post
I'm boycotting Google products, so I use Firefox. No yellow there.
Me too. I use FF and Opera. I've gotten yellow fields with both depending on the Sweep.

Loadingzone

"Live to sweep; sweep to live"
  Old  September 19th, 2018, 5:07pm     #23
MiNiKE
Master Sweeper

I always use Roboform and don't bother trying to change the yellow fields. I recently won a sweep that even said no auto fillers in the rules. I think they mostly mean no using a site that enters for you. As long as you are physically visiting the site, I don't think it matters. From my experience, anyway. I still win quite often, so I will keep on using Robo.
  Old  September 19th, 2018, 10:07pm     #24
captain_kirk24
Master Sweeper

Even if the rules state that a form filler is not allowed, I don't see how they would get around the Americans with Disabilities Act. If I understand the ADA correctly, sweepstakes sites would need to allow people to use a form filler to be in compliance.
  Old  September 19th, 2018, 11:31pm     #25
implode
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_kirk24 View Post
Even if the rules state that a form filler is not allowed, I don't see how they would get around the Americans with Disabilities Act. If I understand the ADA correctly, sweepstakes sites would need to allow people to use a form filler to be in compliance.
They get away with it because no one ever finds out about it, and how the hell could you prove it in a court of law?

Hall of Fame Winner of BMW i3!!!
Hall of Fame Winner of a trip to NZ!!!
Hall of Fame Winner of $10,000!!!
Hall of Fame winner of Super Bowl Trip!!!
  Old  September 20th, 2018, 4:06pm     #26
louiseb130
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiNiKE View Post
I always use Roboform and don't bother trying to change the yellow fields. I recently won a sweep that even said no auto fillers in the rules. I think they mostly mean no using a site that enters for you. As long as you are physically visiting the site, I don't think it matters. From my experience, anyway. I still win quite often, so I will keep on using Robo.

This! I recently won a trip to Maui ($5 short of HOF), and I always use Roboform.
  Old  September 26th, 2018, 3:40pm     #27
diamond404
Senior Sweeper

Most sponsors want to get as many entries as possible, so speaking from experience working with some of them.. they aren't looking for reasons to disqualify you unless you're trying to cheat like entering with 20 different email addresses a day. I wouldn't worry about Roboform.
  Old  October 2nd, 2018, 2:01pm     #28
Ravzie
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by duknuk View Post
I like to fill out the first entry by hand and then save that.
It prevents invisible fields from being filled out.
My plan too.

Old  October 2nd, 2018, 2:06pm     #29
Ravzie
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond404 View Post
Most sponsors want to get as many entries as possible, so speaking from experience working with some of them.. they aren't looking for reasons to disqualify you unless you're trying to cheat like entering with 20 different email addresses a day. I wouldn't worry about Roboform.
The sponsors get the number of entries they get. You cannot tell what a particular judging agency will determine about a particular entry when they interpret the rules. You cannot tell what they will consider automation. The other entries don't matter.

Old  October 3rd, 2018, 2:17am     #30
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qncterra View Post
Just wondering if you remember where you saw the note about the yellow highlighted boxes?

I think it was me that started the paranoia when I started this thread. I noticed things in the notes afterwards.

http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com....php?t=1415968

Tags
roboform