Old  August 27th, 2018, 5:14pm     #1
pcontester
Senior Master Sweeper

question for ebay sellers
how long do you typically wait if you don't receive payment? I usually receive payment right away. I know it's just been over a day. I sent an invoice.
  Old  August 27th, 2018, 5:27pm     #2
plazamama
Senior Master Sweeper

I wait a week, then send a message asking if there is a problem and what can we do to work it out. I usually get a response and payment. Sometimes things happen that make an ebay purchase not so important.
eBay has a program to take care of it for you if it's a deadbeat. I'm signed up for it, but I'm sorry I sure can't remember how to do that. you choose length of time before action, then ebay takes care of everything for you.
  Old  August 27th, 2018, 5:47pm     #3
allycat
Senior Master Sweeper

I usually wait several days and then send them a message, just like plazamama said. If they don't respond or pay after 7 to 10 days, then I have ebay start a resolution ticket. If the person still doesn't pay a week after the resolution is established, then ebay will cancel their purchase and allow you to relist the item. I believe the person then gets some sort of mark and notice against their feedback (or something like that).

Most people do pay immediately (I always do) but sometimes they just need a few days to make the payment.

Good luck and I bet your person will pay you soon.

allycat
  Old  August 27th, 2018, 6:36pm     #4
Barbg18
Gone Camping

We do not mess with any of that late payment stuff anymore. We only use immediate payment option now for all of our store listings. It has not caused any sales drop maybe even more sales since doing it a few months back. So it has been very helpful for us. Buyers must pay at the time of purchase and we ship the next business day which is usually 24 hours. I highly recommend it.
  Old  August 27th, 2018, 7:38pm     #5
sweepingangel
Master Sweeper

I've been doing immediate payment required for years now, but it has to be a buy it now and not an auction.
If you do auctions, go to your settings under seller preferences and go down to unpaid item assistance.
You can set it for eBay to send reminders after 4 business days.
If they don't pay after that, it will close and you will get your final value fees back and I believe they won't be able to leave feedback.
  Old  August 27th, 2018, 9:56pm     #6
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

I also started the immediate payment thing for most. I've had a few that took 7 days.. and one went several days before I finally got a message that he "hit the buy by accident and didn't want it"... that was the final straw... I wouldn't have minded if he left a message right away.. but that meant that item was off the "market" for several days.

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  August 27th, 2018, 10:34pm     #7
pcontester
Senior Master Sweeper

Thanks for all the feedback. I like the auction option so will change settings. Do I have to wait for the next auction or can I do it now so ebay will take care of this?
  Old  August 28th, 2018, 9:48am     #8
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcontester View Post
Thanks for all the feedback. I like the auction option so will change settings. Do I have to wait for the next auction or can I do it now so ebay will take care of this?
Having ebay take care of it automatically if not paid within 4 days has worked well for me. I have had a few in the distant past be settled that way.. either with payment or ebay refunding my fees and getting my item back on the "block".

I think when you set it for ebay to be automatic, it will only work for the items listed after you set it. I'm not sure since it's been a while since I did that.

I'd rather the "pay now" thing.. when you list your item, watch for it under where you set the price as you have to check it off.. it works for both fixed and auction ( if you have the buy it now option and that gets used )... here is ebay's info on it...

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/li...-works?id=4151

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92