Old  July 22nd, 2018, 7:20am     #2356
AlwaysLearning
Sweeper

Websites that have recently bit the dust: Klout, Tumblr, and Network Blogs. This is great news for people who enter blogs--that's THREE less entries we have to do!

Care to guess how long it will take the bloggers who use these sites as entries to figure out the sites are gone? Six months? A year? Lord knows many bloggers do not test their own Rafflecopter widgets. Ever.
  Old  July 22nd, 2018, 7:27am     #2357
AlwaysLearning
Sweeper

Just a heads up for people who enter blogs. I just noticed that one of the bloggers is no longer contacting winners--you have to contact them if you won. I'm not allowed to mention the blog here (which is silly), but it has to do with books, has a dog theme, and the blogger has two sites.

I think (not sure) that is a new policy for this particular blog(s).

My opinion of bloggers who are "too busy" to notify winners: DIVA and NARCISSIST and I feel sorry for her children.
  Old  July 22nd, 2018, 10:53am     #2358
AlwaysLearning
Sweeper

Regarding the blogger who doesn't "have time" to notify winners, I've noticed that not all of her giveaways have this notice. I think it depends on if she's in charge of the giveaway or not. A lot of her giveaways are joint efforts, creative presentations, etc.
  Old  August 6th, 2018, 1:50pm     #2359
Outrun1986
Sweeper

The best thing to do in this case I think is to leave the page in your bookmarks until after the contest is over. Does this blogger post the winner directly in the rafflecopter form, on the blog post and not in the rafflecopter, or does this blogger announce it in a separate post? If she posts it directly in the rafflecopter which I have seen some do simply leave it in your bookmarks until the contest ends and the winner is shown in the form.
  Old  August 6th, 2018, 2:40pm     #2360
Barbg18
Sweeper

She is still notifying people if they win. I emailed her about it using her contact form and she answered yes she is still going to contact them if they win.
  Old  August 6th, 2018, 3:02pm     #2361
AlwaysLearning
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outrun1986 View Post
The best thing to do in this case I think is to leave the page in your bookmarks until after the contest is over. Does this blogger post the winner directly in the rafflecopter form, on the blog post and not in the rafflecopter, or does this blogger announce it in a separate post? If she posts it directly in the rafflecopter which I have seen some do simply leave it in your bookmarks until the contest ends and the winner is shown in the form.
I create an appointment on my calendar app to check back when I come across sweeps like that. The alarm feature reminds me when the day and time comes.
  Old  August 6th, 2018, 3:03pm     #2362
AlwaysLearning
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbg18 View Post
She is still notifying people if they win. I emailed her about it using her contact form and she answered yes she is still going to contact them if they win.
If we're talking about the same blogger, I wonder why she put a big notice on her giveaways that she doens't have time to contact winners? Maybe you embarrassed her into recapitulating, lol.
  Old  September 29th, 2018, 6:40pm     #2363
AlwaysLearning
Sweeper

I've made a decision to remove obnoxious bloggers from my life. It was a long-time coming, and I went back and forth about the decision, but the final decision has been made.

I'm not going to enter any more blogs in which they expect you to do hundreds of entries--leave a comment on 35 blogs (daily), retweet every single product they're peddling (daily), pin the same pin daily, sign up using their Swagbucks, Shop Your Way, or other affiliate accounts, and on and on.

You know the bloggers I'm talking about. They work in "networks" and they expect you to do the same amount of work whether they're giving away $200 or a pair of socks.

And they NEVER update or correct their raffle widgets. You see the same mistakes on them month in and month out. When will they notice that Klout and Networked Blogs are no longer in business?

No more! And while I'm at it, I also banned Bauer Pub sweeps that suck all of my time with their impossible captchas and 'enter at 15 sites' for a pair of ear buds sweeps.

Enough! And may I say, since making this decision, sweeping has returned to the joy that it once was. I highly recommend it.

If I ever run out of sweeps to enter, I'll enter the above-referenced, but that has not happened yet and hopefully it never will.

Old  October 15th, 2018, 11:15pm     #2364
AlwaysLearning
Sweeper

I know I'm wasting my breath...but why are the blogs allowed to post duplicate giveaways if the "regular" sweeps cannot? I'm talking about the creative presentation blog giveaways. It's common for several bloggers to post the same sweep, although you can only enter at one site. It would be nice if the mods would delete the duplicates.
  Old  October 28th, 2018, 4:09pm     #2365
Outrun1986
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysLearning View Post
I've made a decision to remove obnoxious bloggers from my life. It was a long-time coming, and I went back and forth about the decision, but the final decision has been made.

I'm not going to enter any more blogs in which they expect you to do hundreds of entries--leave a comment on 35 blogs (daily), retweet every single product they're peddling (daily), pin the same pin daily, sign up using their Swagbucks, Shop Your Way, or other affiliate accounts, and on and on.

You know the bloggers I'm talking about. They work in "networks" and they expect you to do the same amount of work whether they're giving away $200 or a pair of socks.

And they NEVER update or correct their raffle widgets. You see the same mistakes on them month in and month out. When will they notice that Klout and Networked Blogs are no longer in business?

No more! And while I'm at it, I also banned Bauer Pub sweeps that suck all of my time with their impossible captchas and 'enter at 15 sites' for a pair of ear buds sweeps.

Enough! And may I say, since making this decision, sweeping has returned to the joy that it once was. I highly recommend it.

If I ever run out of sweeps to enter, I'll enter the above-referenced, but that has not happened yet and hopefully it never will.

I am not singling out anyone here but I am pretty sure its well known that either the prizes for those extremely long blog giveaways do not exist or they go to a friend or family member of the blogger, I am not talking about the small giveaways here as those are 100% legit I am talking about the ones with 30+ daily comments required and larger prizes, aka 200 amazon gift card etc.. These sweeps get hundreds of thousands of entries so there is very little chance you will win unless you are willing to do 500 things per day for entries. There was a blogger that was caught a couple years ago running giveaways where the prizes never showed up or materialized, (I am very lucky to have actually received a prize from this blogger, albeit after 6+ months of waiting) and it was these types of giveaways, the very massive ones that take hours and hours just to enter all of the entries on one.
  Old  October 29th, 2018, 2:10am     #2366
AlwaysLearning
Sweeper

I wonder...if we got rid of all the duplicate blog giveaways (the ones where 10 blogs are listed here and they are all sharing one prize and you can only fill out one rafflecopter widget...how many real blog giveaway listings we'd end up with.
  Old  October 29th, 2018, 3:17am     #2367
kokopelly
Senior Sweeper

Angry Hate.....
HATE Blogs and anything having to do with Facebook!!!!! kokopelly
  Old  October 29th, 2018, 10:27pm     #2368
AlwaysLearning
Sweeper

Grrrrr....I was just going through some old sweeps on a book blog and I see that I won TWO giveaways in the last month that I was never notified about. And this blog does not state anywhere that you have to check back for winner. They were collectively worth $30 in Amazon gift cards.

So...I'm going to have to change my routine and keep track of the rafflecopter, etc. widgets that have expired until I confirm that they don't list my name.
  Old  October 29th, 2018, 11:58pm     #2369
juicer
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysLearning View Post
I wonder...if we got rid of all the duplicate blog giveaways (the ones where 10 blogs are listed here and they are all sharing one prize and you can only fill out one rafflecopter widget...how many real blog giveaway listings we'd end up with.
There would still be a lot. While there are some blog creative presentations (multiple blogs sharing one prize with one Rafflecopter widget), saying that 10 blogs share a prize is a stretch.
  Old  October 30th, 2018, 12:11am     #2370
juicer
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outrun1986 View Post
I am not singling out anyone here but I am pretty sure its well known that either the prizes for those extremely long blog giveaways do not exist or they go to a friend or family member of the blogger, I am not talking about the small giveaways here as those are 100% legit I am talking about the ones with 30+ daily comments required and larger prizes, aka 200 amazon gift card etc.. These sweeps get hundreds of thousands of entries so there is very little chance you will win unless you are willing to do 500 things per day for entries. There was a blogger that was caught a couple years ago running giveaways where the prizes never showed up or materialized, (I am very lucky to have actually received a prize from this blogger, albeit after 6+ months of waiting) and it was these types of giveaways, the very massive ones that take hours and hours just to enter all of the entries on one.
I'm not disputing that some bloggers don't fulfill the prizes that they offer. But, most sweepstakes (blogs or otherwise) that offer high value prizes get "hundreds of thousands of entries". Using this thought process, you also have "very little chance" to win any of those sweeps.

The best way to win any sweeps is to enter consistently and as much as the rules allow.

Tags
blog red flag, fashion blogger, mom blogger