Old  July 24th, 2018, 10:46am     #1
smilezlie
Junior Sweeper

Angry Unauthorized Subscription Renewal by OSL
Not sure where to ask this. My OLS subscription automatically renewed for the first time in more than 2 years last month. It only renewed after I signed into my account for the first time in over a year. I don't even remember it being an automatic renewal subscription when I last had one!

Reached out on July 3rd 2018 to have it reversed. No response from Online-Sweepstakes.com. I sent a direct email and a form email and nada. I just want the $30 unauthorized charge reversed.

Anyone know who to reach out to specifically? I have waited long enough for a response from this website/company and am fairly annoyed. I have always liked OSL but this is unacceptable.

If anyone wants to reach out to me directly that is fine. If any other OLS users have had similar issues or know where to reach out that would be awesome. I want to avoid the chargeback process but it has been a month and radio silence. Not cool OLS not cool.

Edit:

Reason 1: Did not think including additional details/back story such as this is my alt account, why i am using it, issues getting into my main one, etc were necessary to answer my query. I guess I was wrong? For those that deem it necessary, I haven't used my FERRIZ account in so long my password is wrong. OLS has lost my trust so I just don't want to jump through hoops to recover an account I will probably never use again. :: shrugs ::

Here is a link to my actual profile: http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com...r.php?u=187339 733 posts since 2009. Am I qualified to ask these questions now? I don't mean to be rude but there is no need to try and make my request seem invalid. Why that was necessary is beyond me. For all you know I may be a non-premium displayed member having an issue. Yes, I probably should have included my main account, but not doing so does not affect the response I would get. Either way pointing out that I am not premium on this account does nobody any good.

Reason 2: I am mildly dyslexic. I have edited my OSL typo to OLS to appease the masses. Better?

Thank you to everyone that provided actual information/suggestions instead of questioning my right to ask them. I have reached out to Nicole via PM and hope to have a response prior to end of day Friday, at which time a formal Paypal dispute will be opened.

Last edited by smilezlie; July 26th, 2018 at 2:14pm. Reason: typo and clarification
  Old  July 24th, 2018, 12:08pm     #2
caseycupcake
Grand Master Sweeper

The account you just posted on (smilezlie) is current not a premium account as your name is not green.
  Old  July 24th, 2018, 2:00pm     #3
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

PM Nicole!

http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/fo...howgroups.php?

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to All!
  Old  July 24th, 2018, 2:01pm     #4
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseycupcake View Post
The account you just posted on (smilezlie) is current not a premium account as your name is not green.
Yeah but she may have been included in all the people that paid but aren't green!

Old  July 24th, 2018, 3:29pm     #5
plazamama
Senior Master Sweeper

Did you try Paypal? I ask because years ago I tried automatic, and after one time decided I didn't like it. So I wanted to cancel it. Nicole told me I had to inform Paypal, so I did and no problem. I wasn't asking for a refund though so I don't know if you can have that.

I don't know why this happened to you, but I'm guessing it may have something to do with this ongoing subscription mess. Or it could be one of those weird little glitches that drop out of the ether into your lap. I've had them sometimes.

Good luck
  Old  July 24th, 2018, 6:53pm     #6
coljim
Grand Master Sweeper

You only have one post, this, and perhaps there is a misunderstanding. This is not OSL but OLS. Just saying.

My Wins
  Old  July 24th, 2018, 7:54pm     #7
PirateB
Master Sweeper

Are you talking about another account? The one you're posting from has only existed for a year.

“Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light‐years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual." - Carl Sagan
  Old  July 26th, 2018, 1:46pm     #8
smilezlie
Junior Sweeper

Thumbs down
That is correct. Smilezlie is not my main account. It is ferriz. I can't get into it, my password is wrong (or so it claims.) All of my contact/emails have included the appropriate information though.

I never had it set up for auto-renew on ferriz (or smilezlie). I was not charged for an annual sub in 2017. Last charge was 2016? I don't remember it ever being set up for auto renew. I emailed OLS directly (twice now) through the email address provided, starting July 3rd 2018. I have also sent 2 messages, well over 2 weeks apart, through the contact form on this site. Radio silence.

Yes, I included all important information/info on how to locate the charge when I sent all emails. I am just being ignored for some reason for nearly a month!

Going to try PM'ing Nicole and if I don't hear back by Friday I will be issuing a chargeback through Paypal. Really disappointed since I was always a huge fan/supporter.

There is absolutely no universe where a 23+ day (without a response from either contact method) wait for a response is acceptable for any business. Not impressed.
  Old  July 26th, 2018, 1:55pm     #9
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilezlie View Post
That is correct. Smilezlie is not my main account. It is ferriz. I can't get into it, my password is wrong (or so it claims.) All of my contact/emails have included the appropriate information though.

I never had it set up for auto-renew on ferriz (or smilezlie). I was not charged for an annual sub in 2017. Last charge was 2016? I don't remember it ever being set up for auto renew. I emailed OLS directly (twice now) through the email address provided, starting July 3rd 2018. I have also sent 2 messages, well over 2 weeks apart, through the contact form on this site. Radio silence.

Yes, I included all important information/info on how to locate the charge when I sent all emails. I am just being ignored for some reason for nearly a month!

Going to try PM'ing Nicole and if I don't hear back by Friday I will be issuing a chargeback through Paypal. Really disappointed since I was always a huge fan/supporter.

There is absolutely no universe where a 23+ day (without a response from either contact method) wait for a response is acceptable for any business. Not impressed.
I honestly don't know why they don't take down all the contact information that nobody monitors. Your best bet is to pm Nicole. Good luck I hope you get it straightened out. For God's sake people were mailing checks to the P.O. box that was listed that was closed. The other contact I don't think they have answered anything coming in there for years.

Did you try having your password sent to you?

Old  July 26th, 2018, 3:20pm     #10
smilezlie
Junior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcclave View Post
I honestly don't know why they don't take down all the contact information that nobody monitors. Your best bet is to pm Nicole. Good luck I hope you get it straightened out. For God's sake people were mailing checks to the P.O. box that was listed that was closed. The other contact I don't think they have answered anything coming in there for years.

Did you try having your password sent to you?
I could but it is attached to a different email I dont use anymore. If I absolutely have to I will but I am already so beyond annoyed I don't want to jump through the unnecessary hoops. I havent been sweeping in the past year and forgot it is attached to my old sweeper email.

Also I am hesitant to sign into it in case they use the time stamps as a form of verification when I open the paypal dispute to say "oh but she has been online and using the service!". I mean, i doubt they would do that but then again i had faith they would answer their posted email address/contact form so...

I could easily have opened a paypal dispute initially but dont want them to get hit with a chargeback fee. Also didnt think it would be a month of radio silence.

BTW thanks for attempting to help and for the suggestions. Fingers crossed!
  Old  July 26th, 2018, 9:42pm     #11
AlwaysLearning
Sweeper

If you dispute a charge on Paypal, and the vendor doesn't respond to Paypal's inquiries, you should automatically "win" your case. And we all know the record for responding to inquiries around here...
  Old  July 27th, 2018, 1:05pm     #12
smilezlie
Junior Sweeper

Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysLearning View Post
If you dispute a charge on Paypal, and the vendor doesn't respond to Paypal's inquiries, you should automatically "win" your case. And we all know the record for responding to inquiries around here...
Ya. I am really disappointed. I went from understanding to annoyed to livid. Still no response from Nicole. Giving until end of business day today.

I do save my record of contact with time stamps so PayPal should have no issue proving I have gone above and beyond to fix this. It just sucks losing faith in a company I have supported since 2009 over something so silly.
  Old  July 28th, 2018, 11:33am     #13
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

I have old emails that I haven't used in years, yet even now I find an account I didn't realize was attached to that email - at the most inopportune time like needing a password as in your case.

Luckily I do have a place the old email password is handy and I do a "forgot password" and go into the old email to retrieve my info... then get into the account and change my contact info.

Is there anyway you can utilize that old email? At least you can attempt to get a password to get back into your main account here. It may be a pain, but would be the simplest solution to one part of your issue.

As for the auto-renew.. I've never set one up and pay manually prior to my subscription ending. You may have set it up and forgot or set it up accidentally. I have no idea why OLS would do an auto-renew if not set up for it. I've seen so many members here go dark because they didn't realize their premium was ending and they didn't re-new in time.

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92