Old  February 16th, 2009, 10:36pm     #1
lfainma
Master Sweeper

OLS Roll call of future travel friends
How about this....

I am starting this thread introducing myself as an excited 2009 Conventioneer.

I think it would be nice for Online Sweepstakes member to introduce themselves, where they are

coming from, hotel you are staying at and other interesting tidbits.

I'm Nathan (lfainma) and I will be traveling with my wife. We are from Northeastern MA.

We are staying at the convention hotel itself.

So come on, tell us who you are, where you're from and other cool stuff!!
  Old  February 17th, 2009, 12:03pm     #2
vrl007
Sweeper

Hi Nathan, I'm Valerie traveling from 'downeast' Maine! I'll be staying at the Radisson too. It's going to be a GREAT convention! Sweeping is the BEST hobby! Hope to meet you soon. Valerie
  Old  February 17th, 2009, 6:31pm     #3
NHKarenH
Sweeper

Hi Nathan, I'm Karen and will be traveling just 30 minutes to Manchester from Nashua, NH. I will be staying at the Radisson. Can't wait to meet other OLS members! Looking forward to seeing many sweeping friends at the Star Spangled Celebration
See you in July! Karen H.
  Old  February 20th, 2009, 1:00pm     #4
caseycupcake
Grand Master Sweeper

Hi. I'm Diane. I'll be traveling from Upstate NY with my sister Linda (sis2ccc) from LI. We went to the 2007 convention in Dearborn and had a blast. See you all in NH.
  Old  February 24th, 2009, 11:22am     #5
Frau10125
Senior Sweeper

First Convention!!
Greetings to all,

My name is Rachel, and I will be driving back and forth from Boston (Jamaica Plain) and hoping to bring my cousin for the 4th of July BBQ, otherwise I'll might be staying the weekend if I don't have to drive back.
  Old  February 25th, 2009, 1:45pm     #6
kayleesgrma
Sweeper

I was looking earlier,,, where is the convention this year and when?
  Old  February 25th, 2009, 3:33pm     #7
risavjl
Master Sweeper

See NH2009.com

New Hampshire.

Fun!

risa
A dewdrop can exalt us like the music of the sun
yes
  Old  February 25th, 2009, 6:06pm     #8
tmy56
Master Sweeper

Hi - Eight members of our sweepstakes club will be attending - the Lucky Lilacs from Rochester NY. We'll be at the Radison.

For most of us it's our first national convention.

Old  March 2nd, 2009, 12:18pm     #9
sharon653
Junior Sweeper

Smile I'm coming!
Hi, looking forward to meeting new sweeping friends at the convention. I had so much fun and learned so much at my first national convention, that I am so excited about attending another one. Kelle from CA.
  Old  March 5th, 2009, 9:40pm     #10
rewcatherine
Senior Master Sweeper

This is my first convention too and I'm coming from a small town in MA right next to the NH border - I can't wait to meet everyone
  Old  March 13th, 2009, 1:01am     #11
csandfs
Master Sweeper

Hi all! My name is Christina and I am from southwestern VA (ya know, that part that nobody else is ever from--LOL! ). I will be coming with my husband and son. My son is 10 years old and therefore, will not be at the convention itself but he and my husband are going on a tour of Manchester while I am at the actual convention activities. I am really excited and also happy to see Boston once more! I won a trip to Boston last year and absolutely LOVE it! I look forward to meeting more OLSers! I'm not totally sure on what hotel I will stay in yet but I am thinking the Hilton Garden Inn--I have an immediate family member that is a Hilton employee so I get a nice discount there--while I would love to stay at the actual hotel of the convention I can't turn down decent savings! Hope to meet you all there!

Last edited by csandfs; March 13th, 2009 at 1:02am. Reason: adding more text
  Old  March 13th, 2009, 10:18pm     #12
gracepap
Grand Master Sweeper

Hi Christina! I won't be able to go to the convention this year. Wish I could see you again and meet your family! Have fun! I used to live in NH. Beautiful place. Manchester is okay...I would suggest driving up to Lake Winnepesaukee. It's an hour drive away. Alton Bay is the closest point. Lots of fun and lots to do there. Great beach too. The white mountains another hour north are so worth the drive. Maybe afterwards you can all go to Mount Washington and drive to the top. It's great.

"It's nice to be important...but it's more important to be nice"
  Old  March 13th, 2009, 10:20pm     #13
gracepap
Grand Master Sweeper

Maybe on the way south if you are going to Boston, drop into Salem. The town is great and the Witch Museum is cool....

"It's nice to be important...but it's more important to be nice"
  Old  March 16th, 2009, 12:47am     #14
csandfs
Master Sweeper

Thank you for the suggestions Grace! Too bad you won't be able to make it--maybe next year for Minnesota!

I've actually been to Lake Winnepesaukee quite a number of times! A long time ago "acquaintance" was from Milton, NH--not too far from there! And his best friend lived in Wolfeboro--his friend's parents had a home and a boat on the lake and we went up several times to go boating and such--wonderful place! I've never made it up to the White Mountains or Mt. Washington and would love to do that!
  Old  March 16th, 2009, 12:01pm     #15
NHKarenH
Sweeper

Thumbs up Mt. Washington
Visiting the top of Mount Washington is truly an awesome experience. The ride up via car is breathtaking! The weather obserbvatory at the top holds the record for the highest windspeed on record. You can find more info about the observatory at http://www.mountwashington.org When you visit, you receive a bumper sticker that says "This car climbed Mt. Washington". They give you a recorded guide to listen to on the way up the mountain that you return once you arrive back down at the bottom. Bring a light jacket with you because the temperature is much cooler at the top and it is usually quite windy. But, the view is unbelievable!