Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  Old  October 15th, 2008, 3:41pm     #46
mferdin is offline
mferdin
Senior Sweeper
 
mferdin's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 458
Location: currently Greeley, CO (B'ham, AL native)
Colorado is available!!!

Mel
Reply With Quote
  Old  October 22nd, 2008, 6:50pm     #47
Bigfootsmother is offline
Bigfootsmother
Senior Master Sweeper

 
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 8,553
we need a Seattle or Portland convention
Reply With Quote
  Old  October 22nd, 2008, 8:14pm     #48
kbsocial is offline
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep
 
kbsocial's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 44,166
Location: HoodWest
Quote:
Originally Posted by mferdin View Post
Colorado is available!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfootsmother View Post
we need a Seattle or Portland convention
All locations are more than welcome to host one! There must be a sweep club or group of volunteers willing to take on the task of planning and hosting a convention. There is no "National Sweepstakes Convention Committee" or anything of the sort - just a group of people interested in hosting. I highly encourage you to attend a National convention before you decide to host it - there are many people willing to give you ideas and tips on how to do this - but you must have a dedicated group or few that can give the time and energy to the efforts
Reply With Quote
  Old  October 22nd, 2008, 9:03pm     #49
KISSaholic4life is offline
KISSaholic4life
Grand Master Sweeper
 
KISSaholic4life's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 23,577
Location: I Pledge Allegiance To The State Of Rock & Roll
Quote:
Originally Posted by mferdin View Post
Colorado is available!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfootsmother View Post
we need a Seattle or Portland convention
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbsocial View Post




All locations are more than welcome to host one! There must be a sweep club or group of volunteers willing to take on the task of planning and hosting a convention. There is no "National Sweepstakes Convention Committee" or anything of the sort - just a group of people interested in hosting. I highly encourage you to attend a National convention before you decide to host it - there are many people willing to give you ideas and tips on how to do this - but you must have a dedicated group or few that can give the time and energy to the efforts
I hope a west coast sweeps club hosts a convention soon!






~ Space For Rent ~
I can be found at Facebook - look for KISSaholic4life

Reply With Quote
  Old  October 23rd, 2008, 12:24am     #50
Gmaw is offline
Gmaw
Master Sweeper
 
Gmaw's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,258
Location: Southeast Coast, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by KISSaholic4life View Post
I'll wear a nametag with my OLS name on it so people will know who I am




LOL!!!! I first spotted Kiss before any other OLSers and I felt like I shook the hand of a true STAR!!!!!! The Infamous KISS in the house!!!!

Life is good. Love it, live it to the fullest!
Reply With Quote
  Old  November 30th, 2008, 8:11am     #51
lfainma is offline
lfainma
Master Sweeper
 
lfainma's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,326
Location: NE Massachusetts
Just sent my payment (and in the nick of time for the discount rate) and I can't wait!
This is going to be so much fun!! We should start a thread with everyone who will be going.
Thank God for the free wireless internet in the hotels. I would go CRAZY not being able to do my snails!
Reply With Quote
  Old  November 30th, 2008, 10:22am     #52
kbsocial is offline
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep
 
kbsocial's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 44,166
Location: HoodWest
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfainma View Post
Just sent my payment (and in the nick of time for the discount rate) and I can't wait!
This is going to be so much fun!! We should start a thread with everyone who will be going.
Thank God for the free wireless internet in the hotels. I would go CRAZY not being able to do my snails!
Heck yeah We'll definitely be starting a thread with who is going in the coming months. Looking forward to meeting you
Reply With Quote
  Old  January 1st, 2009, 1:49pm     #53
Terfool is offline
Terfool
Senior Sweeper
 
Terfool's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 504
Location: Nutmeg State CT
Who is driving? We will be driving up. Nice and close in CT. Do they determine who has come the farthest at the convention?

Terry
Reply With Quote
  Old  January 1st, 2009, 5:29pm     #54
uclafan is offline
uclafan
Master Sweeper
 
uclafan's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,958
Location: Northridge, CA
I'm sure there will be many driving I'm sure because of the location.

As far as coming the furthest, I know my friend from Alaska has been among those coming the furthest.

Please use the link below, help me earn extras swagbucks when naming me as the referral and then search so your "Swag Bucks" will begin adding up too. http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/meuclafan
Reply With Quote
  Old  January 1st, 2009, 5:44pm     #55
sdadolf is offline
sdadolf
Master Sweeper

 
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,048
Location: San Diego Area (Poway, CA)
During some past conventions we've had attendees from Hawaii...a long way when the convention is held on the east coast.
Reply With Quote
  Old  January 1st, 2009, 10:14pm     #56
MzAttitude is offline
MzAttitude
Master Sweeper
 
MzAttitude's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terfool View Post
Who is driving? We will be driving up. Nice and close in CT. Do they determine who has come the farthest at the convention?

Terry
I'll be driving. Haven't worked anything else out yet, but I know for sure I'm driving.
Reply With Quote
  Old  January 2nd, 2009, 11:03am     #57
wolfgang38 is offline
wolfgang38
Sweeper

 
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 275
Location: Powder springs, Ga. 30127
it would be nice to have one In Atlanta.........
Reply With Quote
  Old  January 2nd, 2009, 12:02pm     #58
kbsocial is offline
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep
 
kbsocial's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 44,166
Location: HoodWest
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgang38 View Post
it would be nice to have one In Atlanta.........
Join up with the Atlanta Peaches Sweep Club and help make it happen
Reply With Quote
  Old  January 5th, 2009, 10:38pm     #59
swhitaker99 is offline
swhitaker99
Sweeper

 
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 72
Can't Wait!
I love New Hampshire, shopping, shopping, shopping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  Old  January 6th, 2009, 9:22am     #60
NHKarenH is offline
NHKarenH
Sweeper

 
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 38
Location: Nashua, NH
Tax Free Shopping
Just a reminder that shopping in NH is tax free! There is still a tax on hotel rooms and restaurant meals, but shopping tax free in stores is great. I live on the NH/Massachusetts border and on the weekends sometimes it is so busy in my hometown because of all the people that cross the border to shop tax free. There are also a lot of great local shopping opportunities along Elm Street in Manchester within walking distance from the Radisson.

Can't wait to meet everyone in NH!!

NHKarenH
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 4:02pm.