Old  May 13th, 2009, 10:11pm     #1
TaniaNH
Sweeper

Mail-In Convention Sweepstakes
The convention is running a mail-in sweepstakes. I know that this is an online website, but didn't want to leave OLS out of the loop!

http://www.nh2009.com/id55.html
  Old  May 13th, 2009, 10:29pm     #2
uclafan
Master Sweeper

Something different and I like it.

48 days and counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use the link below, help me earn extras swagbucks when naming me as the referral and then search so your "Swag Bucks" will begin adding up too. http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/meuclafan
  Old  May 13th, 2009, 11:24pm     #3
semtaylor
Master Sweeper

This is great. I have a question. It says to enter using a 3x5 postcard. Since this size postcard is too small to go in the mail...I assume we need to use a standard size postcard.

Susan T
  Old  May 14th, 2009, 12:14am     #4
TaniaNH
Sweeper

The sweepstakers planners agreed prior to submitting the sweep that we would not be answering any questions regarding the interpretation of the rules.

Good luck! Maybe, you will soon be eating a lobster dinner!
  Old  May 14th, 2009, 9:00am     #5
caseycupcake
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaniaNH View Post
The sweepstakers planners agreed prior to submitting the sweep that we would not be answering any questions regarding the interpretation of the rules.
OK. But you can see why we are a little confused
  Old  May 14th, 2009, 9:19am     #6
TaniaNH
Sweeper

I can totally understand!

Sorry for the confusion!
Tania
  Old  May 14th, 2009, 11:20am     #7
margarita_mama
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtaylor View Post
This is great. I have a question. It says to enter using a 3x5 postcard. Since this size postcard is too small to go in the mail...I assume we need to use a standard size postcard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaniaNH View Post

Good luck! Maybe, you will soon be eating a lobster dinner!
LOL! Sounds like typical "sponsor" lingo. Most times even they themselves don't realize that a 3x5 card can't be sent all alone through the P.O. Now it's easy to see why they (corp sponsors) aren't usually clear on "technocalities", if a group of "sweeper" sponsors can't get it right either...
As with what most snailers do? Just use your best judgment and hope for the best.

My Motherload of Wins
  Old  May 15th, 2009, 6:20pm     #8
Dave W.
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by margarita_mama View Post
if a group of "sweeper" sponsors can't get it right either...
This is an intentional "mistake" on their part to see what most people will send and will likely announce the results and winners at the convention.
People on another board are pretty angry about this, when they need to

Sweeping's supposed to be fun...
  Old  May 16th, 2009, 12:35am     #9
margarita_mama
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W. View Post
This is an intentional "mistake" on their part to see what most people will send and will likely announce the results and winners at the convention.
People on another board are pretty angry about this, when they need to

Sweeping's supposed to be fun...
Oh, I get the humor of it (I saw some discussions elsewhere, as well), but why didn't/couldn't the OP just state what you stated?
The thing is is that this is a legitimate sweepstakes with legitimate prizes. As with any other legitimate snailmail sweep, due to the "cost" involved (although minor), most want to make sure their entry is gonna "count", not get thrown out for not following the rules.
Sweeping is definately supposed to be fun, but why put forth ANY effort (online or snailmail)if the chance of being DQ'd is there because the rules are not made clear?

My Motherload of Wins
  Old  May 16th, 2009, 8:05am     #10
Dave W.
Master Sweeper

I don't think anyone is going to be disqualified or have their entry thrown away.
If it reaches them, they will likely include it.

It is not limited to one entry per person, so an entrant could send in both ways(envelope/postcard) and be covered either way if they were worried about disqualification.

Like any other snail sweep, we don't know what happens to our entry once it leaves our hands (unless we get a win notice). We just have to have faith in the judging agency and hope for the best.
  Old  May 16th, 2009, 2:49pm     #11
uclafan
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W. View Post
I don't think anyone is going to be disqualified or have their entry thrown away.
If it reaches them, they will likely include it.

It is not limited to one entry per person, so an entrant could send in both ways(envelope/postcard) and be covered either way if they were worried about disqualification.

Like any other snail sweep, we don't know what happens to our entry once it leaves our hands (unless we get a win notice). We just have to have faith in the judging agency and hope for the best.

Dave you brought up a good point about the sweeps NOT being limited entries and to cover yourself some might send entries in both ways.

Will be interesting to hear the results of this experiment in 45 + days.

Please use the link below, help me earn extras swagbucks when naming me as the referral and then search so your "Swag Bucks" will begin adding up too. http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/meuclafan
  Old  May 19th, 2009, 12:14am     #12
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

I, too, have been getting emails asking me what my opinion is as to what to do.

I'm as surprised to see the rules set up the way they are, especially with Steve D'Adolf running it, so my gut feeling is that it was done and left intentional for some sort of survey, especially with them not answering questions. I did write to them today, but had not seen this posting. I'm sure I will get the same answer you guys got.

Thought I'd post this here for all to read so I can save you the emails coming to me.

Me, I'm doing both to cover my own butt....I still go with the theory that there is no such thing as a 3x5 postcard.