Old  October 21st, 2017, 6:06pm     #16
sparkle8
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannek1 View Post
While I understand your desire to put a lock on your bedroom door, be aware that this rarely stops people... I had locked a closet in my parent's home when we rented it out... only to come back and find the door broken by tenants to get into it... sadly, I'd say you may well find the same thing, particularly with inside door as they are usually hollow core and not substantial/designed to be secure.
Well, in that case, I'm sure she'll make sure the stepsister is well taken care of in jail.

Sweepmama, I can easily understand your desire to move to a safer place. Yikes!

‎"A keen sense of humor helps us to overlook the unbecoming, understand the unconventional, tolerate the unpleasant, overcome the unexpected and outlast the unbearable." ~ Billy Graham
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Sparkle8 If I win, you win at Swagbucks!
  Old  October 21st, 2017, 6:48pm     #17
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

The situation is good for you.. but get affairs in order so it doesn't become a headache.

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  October 21st, 2017, 6:57pm     #18
nanajoyner
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomar97 View Post
The situation is good for you.. but get affairs in order so it doesn't become a headache.
this!

http://img231.echo.cx/img231/9692/msuniversesig4it.gif
  Old  February 19th, 2018, 10:42pm     #19
sweepmama
Grand Master Sweeper

Wow, how things change-Not good
I never moved in, still living in my same apartment. After the hell raised over a $200 water deposit split between 4 people caused the mooch stepsister to run off crying. I knew I was better off just staying where I am. Good thing I did. She vanished , leaving her 18 yr old son to fend for himself, showing up once a week with a loaf of bread and some lunchmeat for him. He moved in with another one of the stepsisters. She has left her dog at my dad's. This dog has medical issues. It smells to high heaven. She knew this months ago when she quit letting it sleep in her bed at my dads. My Dad has a dog, Sassy. It will be taken care of for the rest of her life. Her dog is her dog, she needs to take responsibility. She won't return my brother's call or texts. He let her know that he is taking it to the pound Friday. My goodness, it stinks to high heaven because of that dog, no telling if my brother could get sick from this. I've told him many times to keep that dog outside.

Now the worse part: My dad left everything to my baby brother-everything. He did give me and my other 2 brothers a few thousand $. Barely a dent in what my Dad had. He kept telling me that "don't worry, there's more money coming to you. He got the house, the car and bank acct and no telling what else. There was no reading of the will because he was the only person named in the will and his best bud was the atty.
Now he says that he is keeping all the money. Well good for him!! Now that stinky stepsister is not living there, I dare NOT move in. Know that my selfish brother owns this house and does expect that the property taxes and home owner's insurance are paid for by who ever lives in the house. That's fair. But, he did say this to me: "I'll burn that house down and donate that money to the democratic party" I'm scared for my big brother who lives there and is making improvements and taking care of Dad's dog.
He unfriended his best friend from high school because he voted for Trump. Sad!! He told me that his last bonus from Hershey's was $80,000.
I am so sorry folks I had to vent, this kills me on so many levels. Not really about the money, Just the fact that he agreed that my son has made straight A's and I wanted to take him on another Alaskan cruise( I took him on cheap one when he was 12) He told me that there would be money for that. I canceled it two weeks ago and got my deposit back after getting no response from greedy bro.

He unfriended me on facebook, no loss for me as I see him as he really is

Old  February 21st, 2018, 1:08pm     #20
sparkle8
Grand Master Sweeper

Ugh! So sorry he's being such a very selfish a$$!

‎"A keen sense of humor helps us to overlook the unbecoming, understand the unconventional, tolerate the unpleasant, overcome the unexpected and outlast the unbearable." ~ Billy Graham
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Sparkle8 If I win, you win at Swagbucks!
  Old  March 6th, 2018, 5:29pm     #21
Georgie Girl
Master Sweeper

Anxiety
This scenario is giving me anxiety and I have nothing to do with it.
  Old  March 22nd, 2018, 12:38pm     #22
MrsWW
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie Girl View Post
This scenario is giving me anxiety and I have nothing to do with it.
I agree.
  Old  March 22nd, 2018, 2:04pm     #23
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

So sorry for this to happen to you.

Money does bad things to people.. and some people just have bad ways.

It's good that you did nothing as the situation took place, otherwise you would be in hot water now.

Well intentions by your father may have been there, but even the best intentions do not always work out. So many people have issues when it comes to wills, benefactors, etc.

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92