Old  January 17th, 2010, 12:02pm     #61
junehane
Sweeper

My first one also
I live in the area but booked a room so I don't have to drive it every day. Our "Sweep it up" club is hard at work. I'm looking forward to it!

junehane
  Old  January 18th, 2010, 11:53am     #62
LADYDEE429
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by junehane View Post
I live in the area but booked a room so I don't have to drive it every day. Our "Sweep it up" club is hard at work. I'm looking forward to it!

That is not a bad idea. I belong to a group that hold's what we call bashes in different cities around the country. We've had a couple here in Houston and I wished I could have taken a room instead of driving home every night. I was animal sitting and their needs had to be taken care of.

When life gives you sweepstakes, ENTER ENTER ENTER
  Old  January 22nd, 2010, 8:30am     #63
TRUN
Senior Sweeper

flight question
I can use my miles to fly back at noon on Sunday - is that too early ? WIll i miss anything that really shouldnt be missed ?

Thanks !
  Old  January 22nd, 2010, 9:40pm     #64
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUN View Post
I can use my miles to fly back at noon on Sunday - is that too early ? WIll i miss anything that really shouldnt be missed ?

Thanks !
You will miss the last round of speakers, prize drawings and the bid process for the 2012 convention
  Old  January 22nd, 2010, 11:05pm     #65
TRUN
Senior Sweeper

Thanks KB - maybe I will take the 630 flight then - i wasnt sure how much I would miss - thanks
  Old  January 22nd, 2010, 11:08pm     #66
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUN View Post
Thanks KB - maybe I will take the 630 flight then - i wasnt sure how much I would miss - thanks
The convention usually, and according to this years tentative schedule, adjourns at noon on Sunday - so if you could 6:30pm you'd be there for all of it with plenty of time to depart
  Old  February 5th, 2010, 5:36pm     #67
tomfarr
Senior Master Sweeper

Have started accumulating stamps for the raffles at the Convention. Airline reservations were made today and was able to get a direct flight from CHT to MSP. See ya on Wednesday Sept. 1.
  Old  February 5th, 2010, 10:09pm     #68
mnwarren
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfarr View Post
Have started accumulating stamps for the raffles at the Convention.
For those of us who are newbies, can you explain what this means?
  Old  February 6th, 2010, 4:28am     #69
tomfarr
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwarren View Post
For those of us who are newbies, can you explain what this means?
Go to their web page and read about the various raffles at the convention. Basically each book of 20 stamps with 200 max per person gets 1 ticket in the drawing. The same hold true for post card stamps. Their are also drawings with various limits for cash, gift cards, postal cards MN Lottery tickets etc. Being one that likes to plan ahead with each GC I win now I buy a few books of stamps so it doesn't seen like your running around at the last minute looking for stamps to take.

http://www.mn2010.org/

Look under Winning Opportunities. (You may participate in these drawings if you choose. They are generally held at the banquet.)
  Old  February 10th, 2010, 6:25pm     #70
LadyCat
Grand Master Sweeper

just out of curiousity the reg fee does that include your room and meals or just to attend the convention lets see i am in NY wonder how much a bus would be i would love to attend maybe i can work something out i am gonna try

Every entry is a potential Winner -
  Old  February 10th, 2010, 7:26pm     #71
KISSaholic4life
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCat View Post
just out of curiousity the reg fee does that include your room and meals or just to attend the convention lets see i am in NY wonder how much a bus would be i would love to attend maybe i can work something out i am gonna try
Your room and most meals are not covered in the registration fee. The convention schedule has breakfasts every morning and a dinner banquet on Saturday nite listed on the site. Thursday nite is the meet and greet social - they usually have some sort of snacks to eat.

You don't have to stay at the convention hotel if you don't want to - sometimes you can find cheaper rooms close to the convention at other hotels/motels. You can post a thread here looking for a roommate to split the cost of the room too.

I took Greyhound to the 2007 sweeps convention in Dearborn Rock City - it was the cheapest way to get there and quite entertaining at times.

The registration fee also covers the entries for the regular drawings that the convention itself gives away - you'll need to bring cash/stamps/scratch cards/etc for the convention and vendor raffles. The convention and vendor raffles are completely optional to enter.

I hope you're able to go - the sweeps conventions ROCK! I've had fun at the 3 I've been to so far!

~ Space For Rent ~
I can be found at Facebook - look for KISSaholic4life

Old  February 12th, 2010, 9:10pm     #72
LadyCat
Grand Master Sweeper

thanks for the info Kiss i am gonna try as of now its a no go but one never knows what can happen got some time yet

Every entry is a potential Winner -
  Old  May 19th, 2010, 1:51am     #73
JeffTheGreat
Master Sweeper

KISS Concert Saturday September 4th
Many of you might be interested to know that the 70's rock group KISS will be performing at the Minnesota State Fair Saturday September 4th at 8:00 pm. Tickets prices are $40 to $70. Tickets go on sale this Saturday May 22 at 12:00 noon. Tickets are likely to sell out quickly. For more information see the Minnesota State Fair website.

Old  May 19th, 2010, 4:00am     #74
KISSaholic4life
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffTheGreat View Post
Many of you might be interested to know that the 70's rock group KISS will be performing at the Minnesota State Fair Saturday September 4th at 8:00 pm. Tickets prices are $40 to $70. Tickets go on sale this Saturday May 22 at 12:00 noon. Tickets are likely to sell out quickly. For more information see the Minnesota State Fair website.

I'm going!

~ Space For Rent ~
I can be found at Facebook - look for KISSaholic4life

Old  May 19th, 2010, 9:53am     #75
parkerozgood
Senior Sweeper

I am pretty excited. I heard that to. I can't wait. Not only is it the FAIR!!!!, but its KISS!!!!

It Takes A Big Man To Cry, It Takes A Bigger Man To Laugh At That Man!