Old  July 30th, 2009, 6:01pm     #1
emomeperfect11
Sweeper

Horay for it being in bloomington since I only live 30 minutes away but...
What is a Sweepstakes Convention??
  Old  July 30th, 2009, 6:14pm     #2
lfainma
Master Sweeper

Oh, my goodness, it is the BEST time you will ever have!! Check the threads of this years (2009)
We had such a good time. You have to go if you live close!!
  Old  July 30th, 2009, 6:18pm     #3
emomeperfect11
Sweeper

hehe, I would like to, but I would like more information on what it is, i was looking at the past years but it is not explaining exactly what it is to me
  Old  July 30th, 2009, 6:24pm     #4
KISSaholic4life
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by emomeperfect11 View Post
hehe, I would like to, but I would like more information on what it is, i was looking at the past years but it is not explaining exactly what it is to me

3 days of people, fun and prizes!

~ Space For Rent ~
I can be found at Facebook - look for KISSaholic4life

Old  July 30th, 2009, 9:00pm     #5
caseycupcake
Grand Master Sweeper

You get to meet fellow sweepers--those who enter online and those that still do snails.

There are informational sessions where you learn about new ways to enter and win. And yes, there are door prizes and this past convention, some freebies.

Best part is meeting new people that don't look at you strangely just because you sweep!
  Old  August 27th, 2009, 6:16pm     #6
paddy4444
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by emomeperfect11 View Post

People travel from all over to attend. I suggest that you drive the whole 30 miles, stop for a bite to eat if you must, maybe a nap at a rest stop, and check out the convention. You may find out that you will enjoy yourself. Seems like a no-brainer to me for someone who lives 30 miles away.

Heck KBsocial and the rest of the crew traveled through 7 or 8 states to get to the 2009 convention in NH. They documented their travels and it was great. I loved the pictures of Western NY. I used to live there and it brought back some good memories.
  Old  August 27th, 2009, 6:41pm     #7
KISSaholic4life
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy4444 View Post
People travel from all over to attend. I suggest that you drive the whole 30 miles, stop for a bite to eat if you must, maybe a nap at a rest stop, and check out the convention. You may find out that you will enjoy yourself. Seems like a no-brainer to me for someone who lives 30 miles away.

Heck KBsocial and the rest of the crew traveled through 7 or 8 states to get to the 2009 convention in NH. They documented their travels and it was great. I loved the pictures of Western NY. I used to live there and it brought back some good memories.
Me and BakedAlaska took a road trip to the last 2 sweeps conventions - road trips ROCK!

~ Space For Rent ~
I can be found at Facebook - look for KISSaholic4life

Old  September 3rd, 2009, 3:31pm     #8
gacarol
Senior Master Sweeper

There are usually speakers. In the past we have had people from judging agencies, the post office, round table discussions with sweepstakes newsletter editors, mega winners and people with wonderful wins sharing how they entered and the extremes sponsors will go to ensuring the winner is happy. Each convention is unique. If you live close by, (and 30 miles IS close by) you could contact Bob and volunteer to help with the upcoming convention while gaining first hand knowledge of what goes on at a sweeps convention. You can't help but get excited about attending.

Winners never quit and quitters never win!