Old  November 22nd, 2010, 4:58pm     #46
Glam
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by monroe5440 View Post
DH and I are totally hooked on this show. We are bummed that there are only 2 left this season. The new season better be spring and not next fall. I hate having to wait a whole year for True Blood.
I agree with you - TV seasons on most of my favorite cable shows are really far apart.

Old  November 28th, 2010, 10:40am     #47
TooOlduvai
Grand Master Sweeper

wow I just discovered this show and love love love it! I'm in zombie heaven!

Those who forget the past force the rest of us to repeat it.
...........................................................................TooOlduvai (2013)
  Old  November 28th, 2010, 11:52am     #48
n2deep2quit
Gone Camping

Yep - it's my favorite.
  Old  November 28th, 2010, 2:16pm     #49
triple*eee
Grand Master Sweeper

Only two more episodes left for this season..
  Old  November 28th, 2010, 4:13pm     #50
Tina12312
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by monroe5440 View Post
DH and I are totally hooked on this show. We are bummed that there are only 2 left this season. The new season better be spring and not next fall. I hate having to wait a whole year for True Blood.

I agree, I love this show and am not ready for it to end yet.
  Old  November 28th, 2010, 7:07pm     #51
HSXJedi
Master Sweeper

That zombie attack was bizarre considering they previously only had one walker come that far. I was waiting for a reveal that Merle had somehow loaded up the moving truck with zombies (or led them by making noise) to extract revenge on the camp. Something...anything like that to explain it.

I love adaptations of comics (graphic novels) and this one is definitely not a letdown.
  Old  November 29th, 2010, 6:10am     #52
udalum
Master Sweeper

Thanks for starting the thread! I watch very little t.v., other than an occasional show on how things are made or Mythbusters. The Walking Dead is great! It's on a little late for me, so I always watch it the next day on the treadmill. I agree about the inconsistencies. When they are chopping up zombies, I would think the blood would spray in their eyes. I also think that Merle loaded up the zombies in the truck. Seems like to me they would be best off moving to a town in the middle of nowhere, and building a really strong steal fence on the perimeter.

The idea of using one of those bows to kill the zombies is great. They all should be learning how to use them, because the bows can be used multiple times, unlike bullets.
  Old  November 29th, 2010, 12:34pm     #53
n2deep2quit
Gone Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSXJedi View Post
That zombie attack was bizarre considering they previously only had one walker come that far. I was waiting for a reveal that Merle had somehow loaded up the moving truck with zombies (or led them by making noise) to extract revenge on the camp. Something...anything like that to explain it.

I love adaptations of comics (graphic novels) and this one is definitely not a letdown.
I think that may still come to light. I suspected Merle as well, like maybe he lured the zombies up there. Maybe a future reveal.
  Old  November 29th, 2010, 1:57pm     #54
floomper
Master Sweeper

AMC now has 3 of my favorite shows. Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and now Walking Dead.

Love them zombies!
  Old  November 29th, 2010, 2:52pm     #55
gcomstock
Grand Master Sweeper
Founding Member

This has become my fave show too! Think I'll take the risk of spoilers by checking out the original source: http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-C...1059509&sr=8-1

Trying to watch the extended sneak peak of the last episode was tough- AMC's streaming was really clunky. Has anyone watched a full episode online...do they use better servers? Maybe it was just slammed.

There is a 17 minute "making of" video well worth watching- lots of interviews with Kirkman (author), Darabont + Hurd (producers / directors) and the special effects team. Plus other videos that might make waiting for next season more tolerable.

Particularly liked Allesandra Stanley's NY Times review where she develops a "vampires are from Venus, Zombies from Mars" dialectic to deconstruct our relative interest in those particular monsters. Very apt and amusing. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/29/ar...29walking.html

It would be such a blast to win that "stagger on role" as a zombie extra! In the meantime...don't kill the living.
  Old  November 29th, 2010, 6:17pm     #56
Lpwilmer
Senior Master Sweeper

Yes, I suspect Merle had something to do with the invasion as well. They seemed to be pretty high up in a mountain (as they stated about the one loner Walker) and felt safe enough with the perimeter they had. This was a total set up.

If it's true that stress brings on weight loss, why am I not invincible?
---
  Old  November 30th, 2010, 9:46am     #57
Marilena
Master Sweeper

i was thinking the zombie attack happened because of the beating the abusive husband got...smelled the blood...dont know just guessing...because maybe that lone walker had a following...i am wondering about merle too...im just upset next week is the last epi...ahhhh now what to watch lol...i dont think just the blood of a zombie would infect you but actual bite...thats why they are not worried about squirting blood...oh and the CDC i predict infects a few of the group to start his testing again...ok i could write about this show for days and it was only 5 epis lol...

http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/1...enasig29tj.jpg
  Old  November 30th, 2010, 9:54am     #58
kdkdkd
Senior Master Sweeper

Love the show too and can't wait for next week. I have read the comics and it is interesting to see how it is different. Anyone who has read the comic, what do you think will happen with Shane since the incident in the woods didn't end the way it did in the comic?
Spoiler for {option}:
Shane should be dead by the time they broke camp, shot by Rick's son who followed them into the woods and saw that Shane was going to shoot his father

And do you think Merle will turn into a certain evil character from the comic story?
Spoiler for {option}:
I think he may be The Governor

Earn Amazon codes with irazoo http://www.irazoo.com/ReferedNewUser.aspx?RefBy=kdkdkd
PLEASE be my swagbucks friend http://swagbucks.com/refer/kdkdkd
Join RewardShopping https://www.rewardshopping.com/join/...aMkeaFOpNPhq9k
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was within me an invincible summer.-- Albert Camus
  Old  November 30th, 2010, 11:19am     #59
Greenly
Master Sweeper

I'm so bummed! I'm totally hooked ont he show but we only have AMC free for the month (ends today) So I won't even get to see the end of the season

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!
  Old  November 30th, 2010, 11:23am     #60
suelee000
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilena View Post
i was thinking the zombie attack happened because of the beating the abusive husband got...smelled the blood...dont know just guessing...because maybe that lone walker had a following...i am wondering about merle too...im just upset next week is the last epi...ahhhh now what to watch lol...i dont think just the blood of a zombie would infect you but actual bite...thats why they are not worried about squirting blood...oh and the CDC i predict infects a few of the group to start his testing again...ok i could write about this show for days and it was only 5 epis lol...
I think the zombies were attracted by the smell of fish cooking.

Sue

So many books, so little time.