Old  September 26th, 2004, 7:43pm     #1
MonCherie
Grand Master Sweeper

Thumbs up The Official Crock Pot Recipe Thread
Ok...it's getting to be that time of year again.
I got my crock pot out today, dusted it off, and I am ready...so bring on the recipes!

Are you in pain? Deal with anxiety? Or just curious about how great CBD (cannabanoid oil) is and what it's all about? Ask me!
https://myclub8.com/shop/vision-kit/?rep=104533
  Old  September 26th, 2004, 7:53pm     #2
wildbirds
Senior Master Sweeper

Crock pot lasagna
Crock Pot Lasagna

1 10oz package wide lasagna noodles, broken into bite size pieces
1 1/2 pounds bulk italian sausage
1 chopped onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1 12oz package mozzarella shredded cheese
1 6 oz can tomato paste
1 8oz can tomato sauce
1/2 water
1 16oz carton cottage cheese
1 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes

Cook noodles according to package directions and drain well. Brown sausage and drain. Lightly grease the entire inside of the crock pot. Place noodles and sausage in crock pot. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to mix. Cook on low for 7 to 9 hours or on high for 3 to 5 hours. DO NOT STIR.
  Old  September 28th, 2004, 7:47am     #3
Janir
Grand Master Sweeper

Love the crock too!
I am so up for this thread! What I love most about the crock is that even though I am the one who prepared it in the morning, when I walk in after work it's like "Wow!" Somebody cooked dinner! Here's a shortie....Brown a pound or so of stew beef in olive oil, drain. Place in crock-pot, add 1 can chicken broth, 1 package Lipton soup mix, thinly sliced sweet onions, minced garlic, sliced carrots, LOADS of assorted mushrooms (shiitake, black Chinese, button, portofino, the more the merrier, I mix canned & fresh) Add whatever sauce you like.. BBQ, teriyaki, adobe chile sauce, worchestershire. you can eat it just as is, or make a yummy gravy from the juices..Or you can add sour cream & serve it over buttered egg noodles or rice. Or shred the meat for taco filling. So versitile & so yummy.

Old  September 28th, 2004, 9:15am     #4
fromtheheart66
Senior Master Sweeper

Last night I made Cube steak and gravy. Put one large can cream of mushroom soup(mixed with water) in crock pot and your cube steak goes in and your done. Cook on low. Good with rice or mashed potatos.

Of all days, the day on which one has not laughed is the one most surely wasted.
  Old  September 28th, 2004, 9:17am     #5
fromtheheart66
Senior Master Sweeper

2 very simple recipes.... Turkey breast and one stick of butter.Cook on low. You can use the broth to make dressing (use in place of water). Very Tasty. One canned ham (like Hostess) enough Coca Cola to cover the ham. Cook on low. Sounds strange but I PROMISE it is gooood. Can you tell I like the really easy recipes

Of all days, the day on which one has not laughed is the one most surely wasted.
  Old  September 28th, 2004, 10:30am     #6
amyann16
Master Sweeper

I had this last night, was super easy and delicious.

Boneless Chicken Breast
bottle BBQ sauce
1/4 cup water.

That's it!! I had mine on low for 12 hours, and it was delicious. I cooked some noodles with cream of chicken soup over the noodles and ate with this. Was yummy!
  Old  September 28th, 2004, 10:29pm     #7
lilreddevil38
Master Sweeper

Every time I see the title of this thread I think it says "The Official CRACK Pot Thread" and I have to do a double take!

kris

Old  September 29th, 2004, 2:26pm     #8
Terigirl
Master Sweeper

I make a pot roast that's fabulous using a recipe called "Three-Envelope Potroast".

(1) Envelope Italian Dressing Mix
(1) Envelope Ranch Dressing Mix
(1) Envelope Brown or Beef Gravy Mix

Put the pot roast in the crock pot (can put onions, carrots, potatos or whatever you wish in first) and then dump the contents of the envelopes in the crockpot. Fill about 1/2 way with water. Sometimes I put a bay leaf in there too. Also, if I have some garlic cloves, I'll make slits in the meat and place a small piece of a clove in each slit. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Makes the house smell great and tastes wonderful!
  Old  September 29th, 2004, 3:27pm     #9
Mrsloon
Grand Master Sweeper

4 - 5 lb boneless chuck roast cut up in small squares
2 - 3 beef bullion cubes
1 tsp garlic salt
2 tsp Italian Dressing
Garlic or French Bread

Place beef, boullion cubes, garlic salt and Italian dressing in crockpot. Add enough water to cover beef. Cook on low for 8 hours. Heat up garlic bread or spread garlic spread on french bread and heat. Shred beef with fork and knife, serve with gravy on garlic bread.
  Old  September 29th, 2004, 4:25pm     #10
BeccaShae
Senior Sweeper

This is truly a family favorite...I've been making it for years. Make sure you have a large crockpot for this as it makes a lot of soup, but it does keep in the fridge for a good week and freezes really well. If you don't have a large crock pot, you can use a large pot on the stove with the same delicious results (see directions below).

Santa Fe Bean Soup

1 lb. ground beef (or ground turkey)
1 med. onion, chopped
1 can chopped tomatoes, 28 oz.
1 can corn w/ liquid
1 can kidney beans w/ liquid
1 can pinto beans w/ liquid
1 can black beans w/ liquid
1 can navy or great northern beans w/ liquid
1 can water (use any of the above bean cans to measure)
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
2 tsp. chili powder (more if you want it spicier)
salt and pepper to taste

Brown the ground beef and onion together. Place in crock pot; add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Cook on low 6-8 hours. This can also be combined in a large soup pot and simmered on the stove for 2-3 hours. Great with corn bread or with tortilla chips crumbled on top.

Happiness is a journey...not a destination. ~ Ben Sweetland
  Old  September 30th, 2004, 8:24pm     #11
Veuve-Cliquot
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terigirl
I make a pot roast that's fabulous using a recipe called "Three-Envelope Potroast".

Put the pot roast in the crock pot (can put onions, carrots, potatos or whatever you wish in first) and then dump the contents of the envelopes in the crockpot. Fill about 1/2 way with water. Sometimes I put a bay leaf in there too. Also, if I have some garlic cloves, I'll make slits in the meat and place a small piece of a clove in each slit. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Makes the house smell great and tastes wonderful!
Hey, I made this yesterday, and it was DEEEE-LISH!

Thanks for posting the recipe!
  Old  October 1st, 2004, 6:06pm     #12
Terigirl
Master Sweeper

I'm so glad you liked it!! I've also used the same recipe with Pork Roast and am going to do a Turkey Breast on Sunday (except use an envelope of Turkey or Chicken gravy instead of the beef).
  Old  October 8th, 2004, 8:33pm     #13
pteilman
Master Sweeper

Reading This Thread......
prompted me to go out and buy a crockpot! I also tried the pot roast recipe and it turned out great. My husband just doesn't eat if dinner isn't made for him (big baby!) so I think he'll enjoy the crockpot cooking on night I work. Keep the recipes coming!

Trish
  Old  October 8th, 2004, 8:54pm     #14
wildbirds
Senior Master Sweeper

Spaghetti Sauce
This has been a huge family favorite for years. If you don't have time to put it together in the morning you can make it the night before if you have a lift out crock pot and store overnight in the fridge. This also freezes very well.

Spaghetti Sauce

1/4 pound beef stewing meat
1/4 pound pork stewing meat
(2) 28 oz cans diced tomatoes
(1) 15 oz can diced tomatoes
(1) 15 oz can tomatoe sauce
(2) small cans tomatoe paste
2 Tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 bay leaves
1 teaspoon sweet basil
1 Tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoon dry parsley
Italian sausage links, cut into 2 or 3 pieces each

Brown beef and pork in olive oil with garlic. Brown sausage. Put everything in a crock pot except for one can of the tomatoe paste. Cook on low 8 to 12 hours with lid on. One hour before serving leave the lid off and add the other can of paste. NOTE: Grease from the sausage may come to the top. Just skim it off before stirring.
  Old  October 24th, 2004, 6:47pm     #15
carogonza
Gone Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terigirl

I decided to try this because I couldn't believe it would be good. But it was delicious!! who would have thought that ranch, italian and gravy would make such a great sauce!!! WOW. Thanks Teri!!