Old  June 24th, 2017, 2:24pm     #1
suelee000
Senior Master Sweeper

RoboForm and Firefox
I just upgraded Roboform 8 and lost my toolbar. Robo is now a webextension and just a button on the right side of the screen. I HATE this. This button is the reason that I won't use Chrome. Anyone know if Opera works with a toolbar.

Sue

So many books, so little time.
  Old  June 24th, 2017, 3:07pm     #2
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

I use Chrome and hate that box only.. but I got fed up with FF crashing on me.. I just updated my Robo on Chrome.. but still has just the box. It installed on Safari when it upgraded, but doesn't work.. I still have FF on my computer, but nothing came up about it installing and haven't checked.

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  June 24th, 2017, 3:56pm     #3
patricjames
Master Sweeper

Here's a link to Roboform 7.9.24.4
http://filehippo.com/download_roboform/71559/

Downgrade to this old version of Roboform.

It syncs up to Firefox perfectly and the old toolbar will work great.

The automatic form-filling function will also reappear.

My dog's name is Mr. Hot Shot. He likes to ride in the car and loves getting his ears scratched and belly rubbed.
  Old  June 24th, 2017, 4:25pm     #4
bayjay
Senior Sweeper

Opera only has the button as well. I got Opera to see if I could use it in place of Firefox with all these changes that Firefox is making. I even tried to see if they had an addon for the Robo toolbar, but I couldn't find one.
  Old  June 24th, 2017, 5:15pm     #5
Breadman
Master Sweeper

Both FF and Chrome still have lowers toolbars available. IN FF- go to your add-ons. - click options for Roboform. Can't remember how I got to it on Chrome, but that's what I'm using now. The upper toolbar was the only reason I kep using FF. Going to make Chrome my default browser now.
  Old  June 24th, 2017, 7:51pm     #6
Principessa
Master Sweeper

I too am having this problem.

I did find the lower toolbar on FF, but I do not really like that.

I think I am too OCD to have anything other than toolbar on top.

I am going to use the link provided by patricjames. Going forward I will not update roboform.

Please Support HS Foundation
  Old  June 24th, 2017, 9:51pm     #7
judyv01510
Master Sweeper

Chrome has a tool bar Click the 3 vertical dots on the address line. then setting near the bottom, then extension, scroll to robo form then options. then i am sorry but you can only have a lower toolbar
  Old  June 24th, 2017, 11:54pm     #8
gitpicker
Master Sweeper

I don't think any of the older versions of Roboform will work with Firefox 57 and above.

https://help.roboform.com/hc/en-us/a...-WebExtension-

Why did my RoboForm toolbar disappear in Firefox?

Per Mozilla, Firefox 57 will only support WebExtensions. As such, starting with version 8.3.7, the RoboForm extension will no longer include a full static toolbar. Rather, RoboForm will appear as a button with a vertical menu, similar to Chrome. This change also applies to Android.

Chrome, Edge & Safari have led the way with using WebExtensions only, which do not permit the use of the full static toolbar. This change is now being adopted by Firefox. In turn, we have proactively implemented the Firefox WebExtension based upon their guidelines.

In addition, while you can display a lower toolbar, it cannot be permanently attached. The toolbar will only remain intact while the browser is open. Once the browser is closed, the lower toolbar will need to be re-added.

To open the lower toolbar, select the RoboForm Task bar>>Browser. Next, select any Firefox browser window that is listed. Once selected, the toolbar will display in the current browser session.

NOTE: If you attempt to use RoboForm in a previous version of Firefox, the toolbar will not appear as the update has already occurred to the extension. If you'd like to continue using the upper toolbar, you may however, install the previous version of RoboForm (8.3.5)

Love trumps hate
  Old  June 25th, 2017, 12:23am     #9
patricjames
Master Sweeper

oops
sorry. I forgot to add that I have Firefox 54.0 32bit. so it works with that. Has Firefox 57 been released yet?

My dog's name is Mr. Hot Shot. He likes to ride in the car and loves getting his ears scratched and belly rubbed.
  Old  June 25th, 2017, 10:06am     #10
Principessa
Master Sweeper

I just wanted to say Thank you to everyone!
I rolled back to 8.3.5 and my toolbar on top of page is back.

No more updates for me.

Please Support HS Foundation
  Old  June 25th, 2017, 4:06pm     #11
odin66
Senior Sweeper

Thank You patricjames ! It worked like a charm My muscle memory did not like dropping to the bottom of each page to use Roboform. Thanks gain for the link!

Old  June 26th, 2017, 3:38pm     #12
SmartBlonde
Master Sweeper

Help!!

I was having the same problem with the no toolbar and only an icon. So as suggested, I downloaded the older version of Roboform. Toolbar is back, BUT all my recent sweeps log ins are gone. It is just showing sweeps that expired in or prior to March?? How do I get my news sweeps back?
  Old  June 27th, 2017, 5:01pm     #13
duknuk
Grand Master Sweeper

Is anyone familiar with this issue:

When I shazam 20 pages, using Firefox, the only Robo passcard that matches the corresponding window is the last one.
All other windows show "OLS Login" as the matching passcard.

I have to refresh every page in order for the correct matching passcard to show in toolbar.

Any ideas for me on how to fix this? I have been trying for 2 days and still can't figure it out. It didn't use to do this.

Thanks.

....duknuk's chicks are here!
  Old  June 27th, 2017, 5:20pm     #14
patricjames
Master Sweeper

Try reducing the number of pages down to 10.
I had this same problem a couple of years ago and that fixed it. Good luck.

Old  June 27th, 2017, 5:48pm     #15
duknuk
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by patricjames View Post
I had this same problem a couple of years ago and that fixed it. Good luck.
How I wish that had worked. 2 pages showed the proper passcard, the rest showed OLS LOGIN passcard.

I tried it in IE and it works there. So I'm wondering if it's a firefox issue. Maybe if I reinstall my firefox.

~~~~

Aha! As I clicked on firefox Help/About to see what version I have (54.0) I saw a box come up that said there were incompatibility issues with OLS. I clicked on something that said "fix" (or something. I was excited and didn't read any further.) and now it's working.

So thanks for your suggestion - it sent me in a different direction which led me to where I needed to be.

I have a love/hate relationship with computers.

....duknuk's chicks are here!