Old  September 2nd, 2016, 6:43pm     #1
THELASTRESORT
Master Sweeper

Firefox says it has issues with my Roboform?
I just received a pop-up that Firefox says my Paid Roboform has instability and vulnerabilty
issues and next time Firefox restarts my Roboform will be disabled.

Can they do that? ...and if so...how will I get my Roboform back?

"Always together; eternally apart": by day Isabeau becomes a hawk, by night Navarre becomes a wolf. Neither has any memory of their half-life in animal form; only at dusk and dawn of each day can they see each other in human form for one fleeting moment, but can never touch.
  Old  September 2nd, 2016, 7:02pm     #2
starglow1947
Sweeper

Same thing happened to me this am. I had to reload RoboForm but when the new one came up it still had my info in it. Has worked all right since and no issues prior.
  Old  September 2nd, 2016, 7:33pm     #3
THELASTRESORT
Master Sweeper

I checked for updates within my roboform and downloaded and now there's a small window asking if 'I want to allow this app to make changes to my hard drive and PC?'

Do I say yes?

"Always together; eternally apart": by day Isabeau becomes a hawk, by night Navarre becomes a wolf. Neither has any memory of their half-life in animal form; only at dusk and dawn of each day can they see each other in human form for one fleeting moment, but can never touch.
  Old  September 2nd, 2016, 7:38pm     #4
caseycupcake
Grand Master Sweeper

Roboform started the download without my permission. I let it finish. Now robo isn't working at all. Won't fill in, seems to have lost some of my log-ins
  Old  September 2nd, 2016, 7:45pm     #5
Urlik
Master Sweeper

I had that issue when Firefox updated but rebooting fixed it with no issues since for me. I'm using Windows 10.

My 2017 Wins
  Old  September 2nd, 2016, 7:47pm     #6
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

I had an issue earlier, caused my roboform toolbar to close.

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  September 2nd, 2016, 8:08pm     #7
caseycupcake
Grand Master Sweeper

Did a system restore and now there is no robo at all. Guess I will re-install when I have the time
  Old  September 2nd, 2016, 8:11pm     #8
Tina12312
Senior Master Sweeper

It happened to me today and I went into tools and roboform was disabled, clicked enable and working now. Don't know if it will do it again tomorrow.
  Old  September 2nd, 2016, 8:14pm     #9
THELASTRESORT
Master Sweeper

I'm still stuck on:

after downloading the new version of roboform, a pop-up asking if 'I want to allow this app to make changes to my hard drive and PC?'

should I say yes?

Update: Thank you Tina12312 that worked for me too! My robo is back up!

Old  September 2nd, 2016, 8:27pm     #10
THELASTRESORT
Master Sweeper

Okay, this is what it says in Firefox add-ons about the situation I and others may be dealing with:

Roboform has been blocked for your protection.

Why was it blocked?
Older versions of the RoboForm Toolbar add-on are causing crashes in Firefox 48 and above. The developer has released a fix, available in versions 7.9.21+.
Who is affected?
Users of version 7.9.20.6 of RoboForm Toolbar and earlier on Firefox 48 and above.
What does this mean?

Users are strongly encouraged to disable the problematic add-on or plugin, but may choose to continue using it if they accept the risks described.
When Mozilla becomes aware of add-ons, plugins, or other third-party software that seriously compromises Firefox security, stability, or performance and meets certain criteria, the software may be blocked from general use. For more information, please read this support article.

Old  September 2nd, 2016, 8:52pm     #11
caseycupcake
Grand Master Sweeper

Still won't fill in. Robo is enabled. restarted as requested. Don't know what else to try
  Old  September 2nd, 2016, 9:18pm     #12
duknuk
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseycupcake View Post
Roboform started the download without my permission. I let it finish. Now robo isn't working at all. Won't fill in, seems to have lost some of my log-ins
Go to Tools -- Add-Ons and on the left, select the icon that looks like a puzzle piece ... then enable Roboform.

Oh, now I see you tried that. (Well, it worked for me.)

....duknuk's chicks are here!
  Old  September 2nd, 2016, 9:36pm     #13
caseycupcake
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by duknuk View Post
Go to Tools -- Add-Ons and on the left, select the icon that looks like a puzzle piece ... then enable Roboform.

Oh, now I see you tried that. (Well, it worked for me.)
I also disabled and then enabled. Didn't fix it
  Old  September 2nd, 2016, 9:39pm     #14
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Well, I had to shut down FF then when I started it again, it mentioned robo.. I unchecked the part that said disable.. but then I told FF to restart later..

So I'll see what happens tomorrow when I start up.. but that's the only thing it appears to be.. FF is disabling it.. and you just have to re-enable it in tools.

I've been suspecting some FF issues were do to Robo on my computer.. but I'll put up with it and hope Robo adapts itself..

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  September 2nd, 2016, 10:14pm     #15
GTBuzz
Grand Master Sweeper
Princess Yellow Jacket

I too had this problem. I went and downloaded the latest version of roboform. That brought it back but it was not acting right. Forms that it had filled easily before it was not. It seemed to lag. So something is going on. It is enabled and it works but does not appear to be in sync.

"We were meant to live for so much more. Have we lost ourselves?" - Switchfoot
Buzz's Trade List