My 22 year old niece has breast cancer.
She will be in my thoughts.

“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.” Buddha
  Old  September 20th, 2010, 1:01pm     #122
secular
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliej View Post
Praying for your neice and your whole family. What stage? Do you know Liz?
Stage I Invasive Ductal carcinoma.

My uncle (father's brother) is dying of cancer, likely pancreatic but it is advanced and he refuses to be tested.

It just keeps getting worse. If I knew I had these genes I probably would not have had kids.

Old  September 20th, 2010, 2:47pm     #123
elliej
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizdehart View Post
Stage I Invasive Ductal carcinoma.

My uncle (father's brother) is dying of cancer, likely pancreatic but it is advanced and he refuses to be tested.

It just keeps getting worse. If I knew I had these genes I probably would not have had kids.

I'm so sorry Liz! Tell your niece that mine was also Stage I Invasive Ductal, but I also had another cancer which was Ductal Carcinoma in situ. I had to go through chemo but I survived and am CANCER FREE!!!! Her hair will grow back. Mine did really quick. Prayers are with your niece and your Uncle and you and your family of course. God Bless all of you.

~Ellie~
  Old  September 20th, 2010, 4:07pm     #124
secular
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliej View Post
I'm so sorry Liz! Tell your niece that mine was also Stage I Invasive Ductal, but I also had another cancer which was Ductal Carcinoma in situ. I had to go through chemo but I survived and am CANCER FREE!!!! Her hair will grow back. Mine did really quick. Prayers are with your niece and your Uncle and you and your family of course. God Bless all of you.
My sister has had lobular on one side and invasive ductal on the other side. She is 14 years out from lobular and 4 for the other.

Last edited by secular; September 25th, 2010 at 1:36pm.
  Old  September 25th, 2010, 2:17am     #125
qrkyjello8
Sweeper

hugs to everyone!!
daughter of cancer survivor
sister to cancer patient
caregiver to 2 cancer patients
  Old  September 25th, 2010, 2:18am     #126
qrkyjello8
Sweeper

resident is currently going through radiation
L lots of aggression?

I have my purple support bracelet on for Hodgkins
  Old  October 13th, 2010, 7:43pm     #127
Babygirl2
Senior Master Sweeper

Prayers to all those who posted before me. I come today asking for prayers for my best friends family. Her mom just found out she has stage 4 lung cancer. There is no cure for her cancer just treatment to prolong her life.
  Old  October 19th, 2010, 4:06am     #128
dietingqueen
Senior Sweeper

hugs and prayers to all!
  Old  November 2nd, 2010, 9:20am     #129
Marilena
Master Sweeper

in need of prayers for my grandpa (he has 2 forms of lymphoma)... he has been placed on hospice and plans on dying at home...
now my BFF mom...she was just moved to ahospice facility...she stage 4 lung, liver, & adrenial cancer...she did 8 rounds of chemo and nothing changed...i feel so sad i love this lady so much...she holds my BFF family together...so young (67)...i hope my BFF can handle losing her mom...so many emotions around losing her I just can not express...when i was all alone when DH was in the USnavy i would get out of the blue letters from her to just cheer me up... I set her a silly cheer her up card with those little crazy critters that talk and she loved it...ok crying now...please say some prayers they can go peaceful...
btw i really hate cancer...

http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/1...enasig29tj.jpg
  Old  November 2nd, 2010, 8:36pm     #130
saphyress
Master Sweeper

November is Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month - Pancreatic cancer is the only one of the top ten cancer killers with a five-year survival rate still in the single digits—and the survival rate hasn’t changed in nearly 40 years

http://www.knowitfightitendit.org/

My dad died 6 months after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, after thinking he had pancreatitis for two years. My mother was diagnosed in January of this year and has been fighting a good fight since, she has had ups and downs but is just now starting to have warning signs that the time may be coming. We've enjoyed every day we have and have been trying to do anything fun we can think of that she will enjoy.

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. -- George Carlin
  Old  November 2nd, 2010, 9:34pm     #131
secular
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphyress View Post
November is Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month - Pancreatic cancer is the only one of the top ten cancer killers with a five-year survival rate still in the single digits—and the survival rate hasn’t changed in nearly 40 years

http://www.knowitfightitendit.org/

My dad died 6 months after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, after thinking he had pancreatitis for two years. My mother was diagnosed in January of this year and has been fighting a good fight since, she has had ups and downs but is just now starting to have warning signs that the time may be coming. We've enjoyed every day we have and have been trying to do anything fun we can think of that she will enjoy.
As a child of a parent who died from this disease from me to you.
  Old  November 2nd, 2010, 9:46pm     #132
saphyress
Master Sweeper

Quote:
As a child of a parent who died from this disease from me to you.
Big hugs! Was scary having one parent (who went at 50) but to have two just seemed unbelievable...

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. -- George Carlin
  Old  November 2nd, 2010, 9:57pm     #133
ksmith47
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilena View Post
in need of prayers for my grandpa (he has 2 forms of lymphoma)... he has been placed on hospice and plans on dying at home...
now my BFF mom...she was just moved to ahospice facility...she stage 4 lung, liver, & adrenial cancer...she did 8 rounds of chemo and nothing changed...i feel so sad i love this lady so much...she holds my BFF family together...so young (67)...i hope my BFF can handle losing her mom...so many emotions around losing her I just can not express...when i was all alone when DH was in the USnavy i would get out of the blue letters from her to just cheer me up... I set her a silly cheer her up card with those little crazy critters that talk and she loved it...ok crying now...please say some prayers they can go peaceful...
btw i really hate cancer...
  Old  November 3rd, 2010, 2:59am     #134
OHANA
Master Sweeper

Sorry for everyone here. Cancer is never good. I have lost too, many to Cancer.

If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them.
Dalai Lama
  Old  November 3rd, 2010, 1:07pm     #135
Marilena
Master Sweeper

well last night my bff mom passed waay...say some prayers for her family please...its going to be a rough time for them...

http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/1...enasig29tj.jpg