Old  July 8th, 2010, 6:44pm     #106
skpaw
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorf View Post
His colon cancer has now spread to his liver and he is in the final stages.
I am so sorry.

Old  July 17th, 2010, 6:43pm     #107
txsunset
Junior Sweeper

Quote:
I was going to post an update on my husband. He has spent the last 6 weeks in the hospital. We moved him from Tulsa to the Mayo Clinic. They opened him up because he had a bowel obstruction. When they got into his abdomen they found he has a frozen abdomen. The way they described it is like pouring concrete into your belly. They can't tell what any organs are. There was nothing they could do. His colon cancer has now spread to his liver and he is in the final stages. He is very confused right now and can't find the right words to say. This is so very hard to see. He is a brilliant guy. He is a chemical engineer. We have 2 small kids and he is only 33. I am devastated. Words can't describe what we are going through but I know others have been through this so I am not alone. I love him dearly and hate to see him so bad. Just need a shoulder to cry on. Thanks.

I am so sorry. I know that pain. My husband was 45 when he was diagnosed with advanced lung cancer. It had already spread to his brain. Our youngest son was 9. If you need anyone to talk to I am here for you. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
  Old  July 17th, 2010, 6:49pm     #108
HoneyI'mSweepin
Master Sweeper

Quote:
I was going to post an update on my husband. He has spent the last 6 weeks in the hospital. We moved him from Tulsa to the Mayo Clinic. They opened him up because he had a bowel obstruction. When they got into his abdomen they found he has a frozen abdomen. The way they described it is like pouring concrete into your belly. They can't tell what any organs are. There was nothing they could do. His colon cancer has now spread to his liver and he is in the final stages. He is very confused right now and can't find the right words to say. This is so very hard to see. He is a brilliant guy. He is a chemical engineer. We have 2 small kids and he is only 33. I am devastated. Words can't describe what we are going through but I know others have been through this so I am not alone. I love him dearly and hate to see him so bad. Just need a shoulder to cry on. Thanks.
Please know you have my shoulder to cry on all you want . I give you millions of hugs . My heart breaks for you and the children . I will keep you lifted up in Prayers . I'm so very sad you have to go through such pain and heartache .
  Old  August 6th, 2010, 6:52pm     #109
dietingqueen
Senior Sweeper

Everyone on this thread has my prayers. It's an amazing testament to our spirit that we can go on sometimes in the face of such pain and suffering and it is so heartwarming to hear from the people that have beaten the odds. You give us all hope. I have lost too many friends and family to cancer and I hate it - in all forms and places. My mom who got HepC from blood transfusions and has been mostly worried about liver cancer from it now has end stage cirrohis. I still don't understand why they checked her for cancer but never discovered this until so late. I don't believe or like to hear life expectancies but I understand the seriousness of her illness. It sucks in ways I'm sure everyone reading this thread can appreciate. Blessings and peace to all who come here.
  Old  September 17th, 2010, 6:52pm     #110
secular
Grand Master Sweeper

My 22 year old niece has breast cancer.
  Old  September 17th, 2010, 6:53pm     #111
secular
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Thinking of you and your family.
  Old  September 17th, 2010, 8:26pm     #112
elliej
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizdehart View Post
My 22 year old niece has breast cancer.
Praying for your neice and your whole family. What stage? Do you know Liz?

~Ellie~
  Old  September 17th, 2010, 8:27pm     #113
secular
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliej View Post
Praying for your neice and your whole family. What stage? Do you know Liz?
She just had the surgery so we're not sure. She was positive for BRCA, in fact all the women on my dad's side (sisters, aunts, nieces, extended family) that have been tested have BRCA mutation.
  Old  September 17th, 2010, 8:29pm     #114
elliej
Master Sweeper

Quote:
She just had the surgery so we're not sure. She was positive for BRCA, in fact all the women on my dad's side (sisters, aunts, nieces, extended family) that have been tested have BRCA mutation.
Did she have a mastectomy or lumpectomy? I am so sorry for her, she is so young.

~Ellie~
  Old  September 17th, 2010, 8:31pm     #115
secular
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Did she have a mastectomy or lumpectomy? I am so sorry for her, she is so young.
She had a bilateral mastectomy which was recommended because of her age and the BRCA mutation.
  Old  September 17th, 2010, 8:35pm     #116
elliej
Master Sweeper

Quote:
She had a bilateral mastectomy which was recommended because of her age and the BRCA mutation.
I will keep her in my prayers. If she needs anyone to talk to I'm here. You can give her my email. PM me if you want it. I know how she's feeling. You heal from breast cancer but you also lose part of yourself. God Bless her.

~Ellie~
  Old  September 17th, 2010, 8:36pm     #117
secular
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
I will keep her in my prayers. If she needs anyone to talk to I'm here. You can give her my email. PM me if you want it. I know how she's feeling. You heal from breast cancer but you also lose part of yourself. God Bless her.
Thank you.
My half sister has had breast cancer twice and is helping her through it.
  Old  September 17th, 2010, 8:39pm     #118
elliej
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Thank you.
My half sister has had breast cancer twice and is helping her through it.
OK! The offer stands anytime.

~Ellie~
  Old  September 17th, 2010, 9:27pm     #119
Marilena
Master Sweeper

having a sucky year with cancer...first my FIL passed from pancreatic...now my Grandpa (94) has both forms of lymphoma...no one is giving him pain meds...he is almost a stage 4... i know my FIL who refused pain meds too hurt so bad he gave in to them...they say (DR's) he says he isnt asking for pain meds so we wont prescribe...i know my Grandpa no drinking or drugs for him...he is not doing well...chemo on Monday he wants to fight he is scared of death not ready to leave his daughter my aunt...they live together...he scared she will be all alone...i help her as much as i can...i love him very much and he told me that i was the greatest grandaughter ever for visiting him...first real solid compliment i got from him in my 38 years...doesnt matter if i ever got it or not i wont let him be alone...just needed to share...

all my prayers to everone needing them...i really hate cancer...

http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/1...enasig29tj.jpg
  Old  September 17th, 2010, 11:25pm     #120
Ravin
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:

I some how missed your post. I lost my dad to colon cancer. I'm so very sorry, I saw where you lost him not long after this post.

“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.” Buddha