Old  May 24th, 2010, 7:21pm     #91
Lvrofbooks
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringois View Post
I lost my Dad at 1230am today from cancer. No matter how much you think you are prepared for what you know is going to happen, it is still extremely hard. I am going to miss him sooooo much! Please pray for me and my family.
I am so sorry. Keeping you in my prayers .

“Human beings, like plants, grow in the soil of acceptance, not in the atmosphere of rejection” - John Powell
  Old  May 25th, 2010, 5:35pm     #92
brwe
Master Sweeper

Can radiation do this?
I had a lumpectomy and radiation 8 years ago. The treated breast seems to have continued shrinking; not my imagination because I can tell by comparison to the untreated side that the size difference is much more noticeable now. I have no insurance now so I can't go back to my oncologist. Can anyone tell me?
  Old  May 25th, 2010, 7:01pm     #93
Lucky15001
Senior Sweeper

Hi Brwe, Have you lost weight or are you on a diet? Try going to this chat board and asking the same question: http://www.breastcancer.org/ Good luck.

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
  Old  May 29th, 2010, 8:27pm     #94
shoegal27
Senior Sweeper

hi all,

thanks for the prayer's had my surgery yesteday breast was replaced with 800 cc silicone breast implant they were able to get it all it was incapsulated along the outside of my left breast hope i will not have to have chemo.

Old  May 29th, 2010, 9:36pm     #95
elliej
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNPatty View Post
today is a day to remember
May 20, 2008 I found out I had colon cancer. Stage 3B. 3 surgeries, 6 months of chemo from hell, 3 hospitalizations for chemo complications. I have a CT scan in June- but so far everything looks GREAT- as though I might actually have beaten this Beast. I was so scared and then so sick- life is starting to feel normal again. I struggle with low energy and have what appears to be some permanent neuropathy issues. I aged in the past 2 years- the dark circles under my eyes are still there and no amount of makeup covers it up.

Blessings to all in the thick of this battle.
May 20th 2008 is the day I found out I had breast cancer! Ironic! I am CANCER FREE now!

~Ellie~
  Old  June 3rd, 2010, 7:25pm     #96
shoegal27
Senior Sweeper

hi all!

had my mascetomy & reconstrution for my left breast on 5/28, one nght stay in hospitial, anyways i got the results back yesterday i was a stage 0, tumor was 1.75 cm, no occlussions, margins was clean, no sign of cancer in the lymphnodes! still have to see the oncologist to see if it was either her2 + or her2-. thanks again for the prayers

Old  July 1st, 2010, 12:10pm     #97
noey718
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal27 View Post
hi all!

had my mascetomy & reconstrution for my left breast on 5/28, one nght stay in hospitial, anyways i got the results back yesterday i was a stage 0, tumor was 1.75 cm, no occlussions, margins was clean, no sign of cancer in the lymphnodes! still have to see the oncologist to see if it was either her2 + or her2-. thanks again for the prayers
that sounds like good news, hope you recover very quickly, and I will pray for you
  Old  July 1st, 2010, 7:52pm     #98
shoegal27
Senior Sweeper

a small update I am actually a stage 1 breast cancer survivor tumor was graded a 3 I have to take up to 4 months of chemo to help keep it from going to the other breast. I start it on the 13th and should end by the middle of October,happy 5 year annv. to me and my hubby followed by surgery on the right to make me have symetery

Old  July 1st, 2010, 8:07pm     #99
WeenyMomma
Master Sweeper

Quote:
a small update I am actually a stage 1 breast cancer survivor tumor was graded a 3 I have to take up to 4 months of chemo to help keep it from going to the other breast. I start it on the 13th and should end by the middle of October,happy 5 year annv. to me and my hubby followed by surgery on the right to make me have symetery
Keeping you in my prayers.

This was the last week of treatments for my Grandpa. He goes tomorrow to the surgeon to check in and see what the word is. He's going to make it through this.

I've been well so I haven't been on much but hope to get back to normal soon to catch up.

eta: Well, found out today from Mom...at the surgeon visit today he told Grandpa and Dad he thinks it's a tumor on Grandpa's tongue. Dad didn't tell me, he just told me his tongue has been swollen, but Mom told me later.

Last edited by WeenyMomma; July 2nd, 2010 at 10:40pm.

Please like my photo to help me win a complete bathroom makeover! http://sdqk.me/xyDh7NFI/Ba2XyX1B
  Old  July 1st, 2010, 8:11pm     #100
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Quote:
Sending you and positive energy.

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  July 8th, 2010, 3:58pm     #101
Jorf
Sweeper

I was going to post an update on my husband. He has spent the last 6 weeks in the hospital. We moved him from Tulsa to the Mayo Clinic. They opened him up because he had a bowel obstruction. When they got into his abdomen they found he has a frozen abdomen. The way they described it is like pouring concrete into your belly. They can't tell what any organs are. There was nothing they could do. His colon cancer has now spread to his liver and he is in the final stages. He is very confused right now and can't find the right words to say. This is so very hard to see. He is a brilliant guy. He is a chemical engineer. We have 2 small kids and he is only 33. I am devastated. Words can't describe what we are going through but I know others have been through this so I am not alone. I love him dearly and hate to see him so bad. Just need a shoulder to cry on. Thanks.

Old  July 8th, 2010, 4:05pm     #102
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorf View Post
I was going to post an update on my husband. He has spent the last 6 weeks in the hospital. We moved him from Tulsa to the Mayo Clinic. They opened him up because he had a bowel obstruction. When they got into his abdomen they found he has a frozen abdomen. The way they described it is like pouring concrete into your belly. They can't tell what any organs are. There was nothing they could do. His colon cancer has now spread to his liver and he is in the final stages. He is very confused right now and can't find the right words to say. This is so very hard to see. He is a brilliant guy. He is a chemical engineer. We have 2 small kids and he is only 33. I am devastated. Words can't describe what we are going through but I know others have been through this so I am not alone. I love him dearly and hate to see him so bad. Just need a shoulder to cry on. Thanks.
Sending you guys many and keeping him and you and the little ones in my thoughts.

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  July 8th, 2010, 5:26pm     #103
Beth
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Oh, how very sad...I am very, very sorry. I was hoping he was getting better - your family will be in my prayers.
  Old  July 8th, 2010, 5:59pm     #104
MNPatty
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
I pray for peaceful, loving times in the days ahead for your husband, you, your children, family and friends. I am so sorrry- he is so young- you have small children...I hate this Beast and what it robs us and our families of! Please take care of yourself

hugs from Minnesota,

Patty
  Old  July 8th, 2010, 6:01pm     #105
secular
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
I am so very sorry. I don't pray often but you are most definitely in my prayers.