Old  March 16th, 2010, 10:55am     #61
Lvrofbooks
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeenyMomma View Post
Right now my Grandpa is in surgery, having a tracheostomy. From what I understand he'll have 3 weeks to decide whether to have the surgery to take it all out or do the chemo only and see what it does. Without the trach, his airway would be blocked completely in about a week we were told.

I wish I had something to where I could hear him talk or belt out a laugh, maybe sing a little in with his pretty Kentucky twang.

I appreciate you all letting me type a little of what I'm thinking here. I can't talk about it out loud.

“Human beings, like plants, grow in the soil of acceptance, not in the atmosphere of rejection” - John Powell
  Old  March 24th, 2010, 9:21pm     #62
saphyress
Master Sweeper

Mom starts her chemo tomorrow, she lost another 8 lbs, down to 118, I've never known her to be that thin, so hard to see. She is trying to eat, I'm hoping that chemo doesn't make that any worse, though I don't know how realistic that is. The latest cat scan showed that the cancer is slowed down but pressing on the ureter, so it could affect the kidney, which would be very bad as she can't undergo surgery.

On a nice note, I won a Swami Hoodie - my first twitter related win - and it says 'Breathe' - definitely something I need right now

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. -- George Carlin
  Old  April 2nd, 2010, 6:05pm     #63
WeenyMomma
Master Sweeper

Thank you, Lvrofbooks and everyone.

Grandpa had hissurgery yesterday, got in his room after midnight. They removed pretty much everything they could I guess including a vein. He'll still have to have chemo.

It's been a very long few weeks. After his first surgery to put the trache tube in he hasn't wanted anyone to do anything for him but my Dad. He let me help Daddy though. He didn't look too considering the big tube set up sticking out of his neck. I'd just give anything to hear him talk. Even though he'll be able to get out a little noise he'll never be able to talk, tell stories like he would, sing or laugh like did. It'll be get around like he okay though, if he can get through this and get around like he did. I'd get up before the sun everyday and take him fishing all summer if he can shake this. I'm not gonna let him sit around and quit, I know he's not ready.

Anyhow, I appreciate anynow who'll say a prayer or think a good thought for him.

Please like my photo to help me win a complete bathroom makeover! http://sdqk.me/xyDh7NFI/Ba2XyX1B
  Old  April 3rd, 2010, 6:42pm     #64
tweety
Master Sweeper

My very good friend is now cancer free. He was diagnosed in 2007, has had multiple surgeries, and chemo for the past year...a long horrible experience. I am so happy for him, although his body is no longer in perfect shape. Still better to be alive than the alternative.

I haven't checked in much since my father passed away, but sending good thoughts to everyone here who needs it.
  Old  April 21st, 2010, 9:36pm     #65
Kayte71
Grand Master Sweeper

Hell, I am so sad. My aunt is very sick. She said this last round of chemo almost killed her. My mom said if I want to see her I should probably fly out next month. There is a large part of me that just doesn't want to go. I am so tired of seeing everyone freakin die.I feel like I will be a big giant sobbing mess if I go there-no help at all.Her kids are going to need a lot of support,and I don't know what to do for them.

Deepak_Chopra Your true essence is beyond the ego. It is fearless; free; it is immune to criticism; it does not fear any challenge. It is beneath no one.
  Old  May 5th, 2010, 1:38pm     #66
shoegal27
Senior Sweeper

hi all i just wanted to ask for prayers for my self kind of shellfish but i was just dx'd with breast cancer yesterday and i need all the prayers i can get.

Old  May 5th, 2010, 2:44pm     #67
secular
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal27 View Post
hi all i just wanted to ask for prayers for my self kind of shellfish but i was just dx'd with breast cancer yesterday and i need all the prayers i can get.
  Old  May 5th, 2010, 2:47pm     #68
WeenyMomma
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Bless your heart, that's not selfish one bit. You've got all I can give.

Please like my photo to help me win a complete bathroom makeover! http://sdqk.me/xyDh7NFI/Ba2XyX1B
  Old  May 5th, 2010, 2:50pm     #69
WeenyMomma
Master Sweeper

My Grandpa has made it through two surgeries now and treatments start tomorrow. I'd like to thank you all and ask that you please keep him still in your thoughts and prayers, they're working.

Old  May 5th, 2010, 4:12pm     #70
Lucky15001
Senior Sweeper

Shoegal57,
I am a 16 year breast cancer survivor. If you have any questions PM me. You are in my thoughts and prayers, try to keep positive. Keep us posted on your progress.

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
  Old  May 5th, 2010, 4:52pm     #71
skpaw
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
I hope they can treat it quickly.

Old  May 6th, 2010, 7:50pm     #72
shoegal27
Senior Sweeper

I just got back from the oncologist, the tumor is only 1.5cm not 1 inch as first thought so hopefully no intrusion to the lymph nodes, so maybe at the most a round of chemo and i will be a survivor.

thanks for thinking of me.

Old  May 6th, 2010, 7:51pm     #73
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Quote:
I just got back from the oncologist, the tumor is only 1.5cm not 1 inch as first thought so hopefully no intrusion to the lymph nodes, so maybe at the most a round of chemo and i will be a survivor.

thanks for thinking of me.
Keeping you in my thoughts and sending you and positive energy.

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  May 8th, 2010, 5:30pm     #74
sassybrat
Master Sweeper

My Dad passed away on Thursday of pancreatic cancer. We found out he had cancer 17 days before he died. Miss you Daddy.
  Old  May 8th, 2010, 6:02pm     #75
secular
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassybrat View Post
My Dad passed away on Thursday of pancreatic cancer. We found out he had cancer 17 days before he died. Miss you Daddy.
I am so very sorry.