Old  August 25th, 2011, 4:46pm     #151
jen121419
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphyress View Post
I had posted much earlier in the year, just had an update.

My dad did not take care of himself, and 6 months after he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer 17 years ago, he was gone at age 50. That was after radiation, chemo, everything they could come up with.

My mom found out this January that she had pancreatic cancer, she knew something was wrong last year but chose to ignore it. We lost her Dec 22nd at age 69. At stage IV, She lasted a few days less than 11 months, a tribute not only to the fact that she took care of herself all her life but to the strides they have made in fighting cancer. She was overall comfortable, and did very well with minimal chemo after being told that radiation and surgery would not be options.

Of course my sister and are a little freaked out by both parents having the same cancer, but luckily we have taken care of ourselves and our odds are very good. I would love to hear from anyone else that has had more than one relative with pancreatic cancer.
I don't have more than one relative with pancreatic cancer (thank God) but my mom passed away at the age of 39 from pancreatic cancer. I was 11 at the time, with two brothers around the same age. She only lived 4 months after her diagnosis and it was a very rocky 4 months. She had more trouble with the drugs that were supposed to prevent blood clots -- she had a reaction to almost everything they gave her and would actually get more clots. It is a horrible thing to watch a parent go through that.
  Old  October 26th, 2011, 8:36pm     #152
resurrected
Sweeper

I wanted to update my cancer info - cuz I'm comin up on 3 years since my esophageal cancer surgery.

As I've said before - I had the operation on Nov 18th 2008 where they removed my entire esophagus and stretched my stomach up and attached it to my throat.

Glad that's behind me!

Don't dismiss the power of prayer - I know it worked for me.

The key is to keep eating - even if it takes illegal substances to help.

Good luck to everyone that goes thru this.

Don
  Old  November 17th, 2011, 4:20am     #153
secular
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
I wanted to update my cancer info - cuz I'm comin up on 3 years since my esophageal cancer surgery.

As I've said before - I had the operation on Nov 18th 2008 where they removed my entire esophagus and stretched my stomach up and attached it to my throat.

Glad that's behind me!

Don't dismiss the power of prayer - I know it worked for me.

The key is to keep eating - even if it takes illegal substances to help.

Good luck to everyone that goes thru this.

Don
I don't believe in miracles but if ever there was, this is it!
  Old  November 18th, 2011, 4:02pm     #154
resurrected
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by secular View Post
I don't believe in miracles but if ever there was, this is it!
Thanks Secular,

Today is my 3rd 'birthday' and I got a birthday card from the cancer care center that said Happy 3rd Birthday.
  Old  December 13th, 2011, 11:26pm     #155
honeymom
Senior Sweeper

I was diagnosed with stage IV non-small cell adenocarcinoma of the lung back in June following a severe pericarditis (fluid around the heart) which required emergency surgery. I am not a smoker although I had some teenage experimentation (many, many, many years ago).

I had a great response to chemo and recently learned that I have a genetic mutation that tends to respond well to Tarceva. I am about to begin Tarceva for maintenance.

While the diagnosis is not a great one, I am lucky in that I feel well. I live a pretty normal life. I did take a sweeping break - wasn't able to travel for a while and did not want trip wins and was too superstitious that if I won a lot of money, I would be gone the next day, lol. Back to sweeping so I guess I feel more optimistic again.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/honeymom378
  Old  December 14th, 2011, 6:03pm     #156
secular
Grand Master Sweeper

Honeymom, my thoughts are with you!!!!!

Eat to starve cancer: http://www.ted.com/talks/william_li.html#.TudWjAVYr4o
  Old  January 11th, 2012, 6:50pm     #157
earthandaether
Junior Sweeper

cosmic hugs to all
Hi everyone,

I feel for all of you...

I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer 3 years ago. I've come to a place of acceptance in my heart and am living life to the fullest..

My diagnosis came shortly after the traumatic passings of my brother in 2006 and my sister in 2007.I feel that grief and sadness orlingering depression can change the body's chemistry.:there is definitely a correlation.
Of course there are so many variables as to the whys...

My first diagnosis was in 2001(shortly after a divorce). I was bitter and angry and scared. I had a mastectomy on one breast--I always had body image problems and it took me many years to accept this on top of all of my other perceived 'flaws'. Basically, my mindset then was: 'i had such a horrible life and now cancer...'
i was afraid of death. and in retrospect, i know i was afraid of death because i hadnt truly lived. i didnt wnat to go out, feeling like i did.
i wanted to see my son grow up...

I had started psychotherapy in 1999 --hoping to heal from a very traumatic childhood--my life was falling apart and i didnt have the wisdom to piece it back together, or my fractred self, back together!
my self-worth was nil. i was fragmented with a big ego to compensate for how small i felt..
the wounded inner child was my major archetype...
I had not yet found my own power. I looked for happiness and validation on the outside--i never had as a child. teen angst until the 40's lol

many years of therapy--waking up repressed and supressed emotions... meeting my demons... and slowly awakening to a new way of being... tho i was still wobbly, torn between the world of love and forgivenss and owing my own power-- and the world of fear and the guilt/blame dynamic--giving my power away. my psychologist couldnt do the work for me--he could only guide me-only i could save myself.

then the traumatic deaths of my sister and brother brought me to an awakening in my heart...
an experential understanding...
i came to the insight that i had been grieving all my life for what could have been...
at the darkest hour in my life, the brightest light came on--to forgive myself, all, and accept myself and my life... the time to choose to be a victim or a savior unto myself.how ironic, that i grieved their illnesses, yet their deaths were a catalyst for my healing, for my awakening. i felt their spirits with me--pure love and celebration of my awakening.

when i was grieving the deaths of my sister and brother , i realized that
my entire life had been a grief process, tho i hadn't come to the part of acceptance yet...
acceptance came when i forgave all(and vice versa, forgiveness came when i accepted all), let go of my anger, and took my power back.

i chose to save myself, my soul, with love.
there is always a fork in the road;
to let go, and move forward, and surrender to love
or to live in grief and misery, to live in the hell of the past(and continue to carry that mentality learned in childhood), pointing fingers at who is to blame...
we are all victims of victim... but we have the power to transcend the mentality of victim. ultimately one is one's own savior.

My peace came, when i fully embraced that earth is a learning institution and i am a student --who signed up for some very tough lessons before entering the place! lol.
we are all learning as we go... what would life be like if their were no contrast of polarities--darkness and light, sorrow and joy...

i choose to take responsibility for my own happiness, my own life, my own karma...
there is great power in that. i do believe a creator exists.. a god consciousness--though hard to articulate.
i practice presence, accept all that is, was and will be... see the earth, and the whole universe as One--without the borders that man has created.

I don't see cancer as my enemy, but as a messenger that came to me in the form of cancer, a reminder to be kind --to love self, love all... NOW. i thank cancer for being an awakener and soul reminder.
(you can go now, cancer..lol).
seriously tho, when my time comes, in whatever way, i will go with a heart that is healed.
none of us know when our time is up--or in what form death may come.

though my body may or may not be cured, when i leave this planet--
i feel that a healed heart is what is important.
to be free in my heart when i go... and to know that i lived and loved to the fullest...

there is no time for bitterness and anger--(even tho i get momentarily snitty on occasion--must be the medically induced menopause! LOL)
but to forgive(tho healthy boundaries are important) all for their uncosciousness('for they know not what they do'--i'm not of any religion),
to let go of what I can't change in myself, and live without expectation, but live always with hope... just live as joyfully as possible!

sending love and light to all of (((you)))
  Old  January 11th, 2012, 8:17pm     #158
Lucky15001
Senior Sweeper

Wow Earthandaether! You hit the nail on the head on a lot of issues. I too have metastatic breast cancer for the last 4 years. There is a great web site that I like to visit and maybe you might like it: http://community.breastcancer.org/ Keep up your positive additude and stay strong and you will be fine. Good luck and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
  Old  January 11th, 2012, 8:34pm     #159
earthandaether
Junior Sweeper

hi lucky!

i think i may have signed up for that awhile back, upon diagnosis.
i tend to flit here and there
thank you for your kindness!

i feel strong in myself--it took awhile to get there!
but i'm there! hallelujah!
healing thoughts and prayers for you
love and light !!

im making
before me chores!
  Old  January 11th, 2012, 8:53pm     #160
earthandaether
Junior Sweeper

ps lucky:

i just started a blog on blogger...
basically about my earth journey.. a place for people to stop in for some healing vibes
i also like to visit positive vibe places...

sharing a beautiful song:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NN0Kvh4hu4
  Old  January 26th, 2012, 2:02pm     #161
honeymom
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by secular View Post
Honeymom, my thoughts are with you!!!!!

Eat to starve cancer: http://www.ted.com/talks/william_li.html#.TudWjAVYr4o
Thank you.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/honeymom378
  Old  January 26th, 2012, 5:06pm     #162
Lucky15001
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthandaether View Post
ps lucky:

i just started a blog on blogger...
basically about my earth journey.. a place for people to stop in for some healing vibes
i also like to visit positive vibe places...

sharing a beautiful song:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NN0Kvh4hu4
Earthandaether.
Thanks for sharing the great music and photography, I really enjoyed it.

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
  Old  January 31st, 2012, 11:17pm     #163
SeaAngel
Senior Master Sweeper

Big and prayers for you all.
  Old  February 8th, 2012, 1:19am     #164
catlady13711
Grand Master Sweeper

Stopping in to send love and support to everyone. My Pm box is open for anyone who needs me!

Morgan aka Catlady
I am a Cancer Fighter/Survivor!!!
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old  March 6th, 2012, 6:38pm     #165
earthandaether
Junior Sweeper

you're welcome(a month+ later--hence my flitting around)

i *love* the song and video

love and joy to all!
carpe diem!

http://earthandaether.blogspot.com/

http://www.sheridanleigh.com

Carpe diem with love!