Old  November 3rd, 2010, 6:10pm     #136
ksmith47 is offline
ksmith47
Grand Master Sweeper
 
ksmith47's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 16,254
Location: The Center of Bliss!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilena View Post
well last night my bff mom passed waay...say some prayers for her family please...its going to be a rough time for them...

Reply With Quote
  Old  November 17th, 2010, 12:08pm     #137
secular is offline
secular
Grand Master Sweeper
 
secular's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 44,181
Dear friend dying of cancer and we can't make the drive to visit her.
Reply With Quote
  Old  November 30th, 2010, 12:23pm     #138
dietingqueen is offline
dietingqueen
Senior Sweeper
 
dietingqueen's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 794
Location: Nevada
I'm so sorry for all suffering from cancer or seeing others suffer -
Reply With Quote
  Old  December 29th, 2010, 1:11am     #139
saphyress is offline
saphyress
Master Sweeper
 
saphyress's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,681
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Pancreatic cancer x2
I had posted much earlier in the year, just had an update.

My dad did not take care of himself, and 6 months after he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer 17 years ago, he was gone at age 50. That was after radiation, chemo, everything they could come up with.

My mom found out this January that she had pancreatic cancer, she knew something was wrong last year but chose to ignore it. We lost her Dec 22nd at age 69. At stage IV, She lasted a few days less than 11 months, a tribute not only to the fact that she took care of herself all her life but to the strides they have made in fighting cancer. She was overall comfortable, and did very well with minimal chemo after being told that radiation and surgery would not be options.

Of course my sister and are a little freaked out by both parents having the same cancer, but luckily we have taken care of ourselves and our odds are very good. I would love to hear from anyone else that has had more than one relative with pancreatic cancer.

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. -- George Carlin
Reply With Quote
  Old  January 11th, 2011, 1:55am     #140
smileysal is offline
smileysal
Master Sweeper
 
smileysal's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,564
Location: NWI Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by saphyress View Post
I had posted much earlier in the year, just had an update.

My dad did not take care of himself, and 6 months after he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer 17 years ago, he was gone at age 50. That was after radiation, chemo, everything they could come up with.

My mom found out this January that she had pancreatic cancer, she knew something was wrong last year but chose to ignore it. We lost her Dec 22nd at age 69. At stage IV, She lasted a few days less than 11 months, a tribute not only to the fact that she took care of herself all her life but to the strides they have made in fighting cancer. She was overall comfortable, and did very well with minimal chemo after being told that radiation and surgery would not be options.

Of course my sister and are a little freaked out by both parents having the same cancer, but luckily we have taken care of ourselves and our odds are very good. I would love to hear from anyone else that has had more than one relative with pancreatic cancer.
I am sorry to hear about your mom's passing. I only had one family member that had pancreatic cancer which was my dad. I know genetics play a role but I have also heard that smoking increases a person's chances greatly.

http://bill46319blogspot.com
Check out hubby's blog about his life with cancer.
Reply With Quote
  Old  January 11th, 2011, 12:25pm     #141
secular is offline
secular
Grand Master Sweeper
 
secular's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 44,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by saphyress View Post
I had posted much earlier in the year, just had an update.

My dad did not take care of himself, and 6 months after he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer 17 years ago, he was gone at age 50. That was after radiation, chemo, everything they could come up with.

My mom found out this January that she had pancreatic cancer, she knew something was wrong last year but chose to ignore it. We lost her Dec 22nd at age 69. At stage IV, She lasted a few days less than 11 months, a tribute not only to the fact that she took care of herself all her life but to the strides they have made in fighting cancer. She was overall comfortable, and did very well with minimal chemo after being told that radiation and surgery would not be options.

Of course my sister and are a little freaked out by both parents having the same cancer, but luckily we have taken care of ourselves and our odds are very good. I would love to hear from anyone else that has had more than one relative with pancreatic cancer.
I am so sorry to hear about your mom's passing. I have heard that certain genes that predispose you to celiac disease can also cause GI cancers.

Have you looked into familial pancreatic cancer registry?
Reply With Quote
  Old  January 11th, 2011, 11:39pm     #142
saphyress is offline
saphyress
Master Sweeper
 
saphyress's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,681
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Quote:
I am so sorry to hear about your mom's passing. I have heard that certain genes that predispose you to celiac disease can also cause GI cancers.

Have you looked into familial pancreatic cancer registry?
We have a maternal family history of gall bladder problems.
Yes thank you we did look into a registry, we live pretty close to Boston so will be making an appointment to talk to them soon.

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. -- George Carlin
Reply With Quote
  Old  January 11th, 2011, 11:41pm     #143
saphyress is offline
saphyress
Master Sweeper
 
saphyress's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,681
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Quote:
I am sorry to hear about your mom's passing. I only had one family member that had pancreatic cancer which was my dad. I know genetics play a role but I have also heard that smoking increases a person's chances greatly.
Oh definitely. My dad always had a cigarette and a beer in his hands and did not take care of his teeth. My mom never smoked BUT did grow up with her entire family smoking so was exposed to quite a bit of second hand smoke

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. -- George Carlin
Reply With Quote
  Old  January 19th, 2011, 6:44am     #144
prklug is offline
prklug
Master Sweeper
 
prklug's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,358
Location: in my imagination it is a beautiful place.
battle lost
My SIL has lost her battle with cancer. She passed away at 1 a.m. with her eldest sister at bedside. Her immediate family had all visited the hospital yesterday, some flying in from NY. We knew she was going down hill quickly and never expected it to end so soon.

But we are at peace knowing that her suffering is over.
Reply With Quote
  Old  January 22nd, 2011, 1:11am     #145
smileysal is offline
smileysal
Master Sweeper
 
smileysal's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,564
Location: NWI Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by prklug View Post
My SIL has lost her battle with cancer. She passed away at 1 a.m. with her eldest sister at bedside. Her immediate family had all visited the hospital yesterday, some flying in from NY. We knew she was going down hill quickly and never expected it to end so soon.

But we are at peace knowing that her suffering is over.
I am sorry prklug for your loss. My prayers and thought are with you.

http://bill46319blogspot.com
Check out hubby's blog about his life with cancer.
Reply With Quote
  Old  January 22nd, 2011, 2:51am     #146
gcomstock is offline
gcomstock
Grand Master Sweeper
Founding Member
 
gcomstock's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 13,119
Location: Tustin, California
Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips Kindle hurry...
http://www.amazon.com/Crazy-Sexy-Can...5679008&sr=1-1

Free Amazon download...hurry it will go back to full price soon
Kindle edition only (you can read on PC too)
Reply With Quote
  Old  March 7th, 2011, 11:57pm     #147
bearsilu is offline
bearsilu
Master Sweeper
 
bearsilu's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,520
Location: Jacksonville, NC originally from upstate NY
Talking Need Cancer Support for my twin sister@!!!


SARAH IS WALKING FOR BREAST CANCER- MY TWIN NANCY, HAS TRIPLE NEGATIVE BREAST CANCER AND SARAH WANTS TO HELP OUT!!!! She has gotten her sorority whch she is President of , to walk for Relay for life. She is currently number 2 on Campus in donations. Please help her get to NUMBER ONE and donate in honor of your family that has or had cancer!!!!

HI THERE I am Sarah Wild
I'm ranked #2 out of everyone at PSUC State University
! Please help me get to my goal! Donate to my Relay for Life Team. All proceeds go to the American Cancer Society! Help me get to #1! http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/Re...al&fr_id=29294
The American Cancer Society - 2011 Relay For Life of SUNY Plattsburgh NY:
main.acsevents.org
The American Cancer Society Relay For Life is a life-changing event that gives everyone in communities across the globe a chance to celebrate the lives of people who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against the disease. At Relay, teams of people camp out at a local high school!!!!

Last edited by bearsilu; March 25th, 2011 at 6:13pm. Reason: bumping
Reply With Quote
  Old  August 5th, 2011, 11:27am     #148
catlady13711 is offline
catlady13711
Grand Master Sweeper
 
catlady13711's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,098
Location: Beautiful Mountains of East Tennessee!
I was diagnosed with small-cell lung cancer on july 11th and am currently undergoing radiation and chemotherapy.. I have a post with more info if u wanna check it out in this forum but wanted to post here to ask for support and send some out as well to those of you who are battling cancer or has a loved one who is. Positive thoughts are half the battle.. I know I WILL beat this! I'll try to post more as time permits.. my thoughts and prayers go out to all of you :-)

Morgan aka Catlady
I am a Cancer Fighter/Survivor!!!
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Reply With Quote
  Old  August 17th, 2011, 3:57pm     #149
smileysal is offline
smileysal
Master Sweeper
 
smileysal's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,564
Location: NWI Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady13711 View Post
I was diagnosed with small-cell lung cancer on july 11th and am currently undergoing radiation and chemotherapy.. I have a post with more info if u wanna check it out in this forum but wanted to post here to ask for support and send some out as well to those of you who are battling cancer or has a loved one who is. Positive thoughts are half the battle.. I know I WILL beat this! I'll try to post more as time permits.. my thoughts and prayers go out to all of you :-)
Sorry to hear Catlady. I hope you have a good support system. I will keep you in my prayers.

http://bill46319blogspot.com
Check out hubby's blog about his life with cancer.
Reply With Quote
  Old  August 21st, 2011, 4:45pm     #150
catlady13711 is offline
catlady13711
Grand Master Sweeper
 
catlady13711's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,098
Location: Beautiful Mountains of East Tennessee!

Just here to give out hugs to anyone who needs em!

Morgan aka Catlady
I am a Cancer Fighter/Survivor!!!
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 1:33pm.