Old  August 15th, 2010, 4:30pm     #976
laura264
Master Sweeper

I don't know what to do next
I'm trying to make a link to my shop look "pretty" and I'm half way done and stuck! I've gotten to the point where I've named my shop and you can click the link. ...it's an Etsy shop. But I'm lost as to where I put my actual link. I found this earlier in the thread and here's where I'm at:

once the edit signiture is open, it will look just like a a reply box...look for the blue world with a piece of chain link in front of it (just under where you can choose font, font size and color). click it and a box will pop up, asking what you want the text to say..this is where you type in "name you want" ...click ok

So now in the box on the top I've got Western Home Decor and it's a link. I attempted to type in my etsy shop link in the edit signature box but all I get is "Oops, You have an error." I'm at a loss as to what to do next.
  Old  August 15th, 2010, 10:40pm     #977
flared0ne
Grand Master Sweeper

Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by laura264 View Post
I'm trying to make a link to my shop look "pretty" and I'm half way done and stuck! I've gotten to the point where I've named my shop and you can click the link. ...it's an Etsy shop. But I'm lost as to where I put my actual link. I found this earlier in the thread and here's where I'm at:

once the edit signiture is open, it will look just like a a reply box...look for the blue world with a piece of chain link in front of it (just under where you can choose font, font size and color). click it and a box will pop up, asking what you want the text to say..this is where you type in "name you want" ...click ok

So now in the box on the top I've got Western Home Decor and it's a link. I attempted to type in my etsy shop link in the edit signature box but all I get is "Oops, You have an error." I'm at a loss as to what to do next.

The simplest approach to what you're attempting is
type the Shop name (or whatever ELSE you want the visible text of a link to say), then
select that text (click-hold-and-drag to highlight it) and THEN
click the WWW-link icon -- in the popup box, type in the URL you want that link to lead to.

Like this:

Western Home Decor

(should open a new window with this current comment as a quoted edit window).

To LOOK at what the format looks like, click the Western Home Decor link above, and you should see the [ URL = "http etc ]Western Home Decor[ / URL ] coding... (I had to "expand" the coding because otherwise it gets automatically translated).

Note: there ARE some "enable/disable" switches that CAN be set to disable HTML code in different situations, with a visible status displayed at the bottom of your page.

Last edited by flared0ne; August 1st, 2011 at 3:42am.
  Old  August 16th, 2010, 12:46am     #978
laura264
Master Sweeper

okay, thank you very much
  Old  December 18th, 2010, 7:38pm     #979
LadyCat
Grand Master Sweeper

how do i remove the link in my sig ty i tried not working-oops gues it worked ty sorry

Last edited by LadyCat; December 18th, 2010 at 7:38pm. Reason: oops
  Old  April 9th, 2011, 11:26pm     #980
winnerwinner111
Junior Sweeper

Help
Please email me with help!
tooltime3130@msn.com
  Old  April 27th, 2011, 12:54pm     #981
jblissenbach
Sweeper

Signature rules - business link??
So I know the rules state that we are not allowed to post affiliate or referral links in our signature from which we stand to gain monetarily.

My question is, does this include links to my business web site? It is a legitimate multi-level marketing business (a la Mary Kay, but not Mary Kay). I do stand to gain monetarily if someone decides to purchase product or become a consultant, but not if they just click on the link and go to my web site to check it out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!
  Old  July 30th, 2011, 2:14pm     #982
lucifer1306217
Junior Sweeper

Allrighty....I think this is all I needed to do, right?
If now, please let me know and I'll fix it better
  Old  August 1st, 2011, 3:36am     #983
flared0ne
Grand Master Sweeper

Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer1306217 View Post
Allrighty....I think this is all I needed to do, right?
If now, please let me know and I'll fix it better
Since this thread is "help with your signature" and you don't (currently) SHOW a signature, we should assume that whatever you did didn't actually work... OR maybe it qualified as "illegal, immoral, or fattening" (as in maybe violating usage restrictions here) and has been redacted at some point between YOUR post's time-stamp and MY post's time-stamp.

Since you only show one post total, conceivably you've been bad and gotten "trimmed" back to your only legal post(s).

Aren't learning experiences fun?
  Old  August 1st, 2011, 3:38am     #984
flared0ne
Grand Master Sweeper

Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerwinner111 View Post
Please email me with help!
tooltime3130@msn.com
Need to be just a LITTLE bit more specific.