Old  December 1st, 2018, 9:50pm     #16
Urlik
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by prismperfect View Post
I actually tried this copy/paste as an experiment for a whole year and didn't see an increase in wins. I copied and pasted the link to the sweep into another browser every time, and I don't use OLS Mysweeps or OLS Shazam for dailies, I bookmark them and open in my browser so the sponsor never sees a referrer.

I think it's just an unproven theory that sponsors don't like OLS or other sweeps aggregate sites as referrers, I think it's just the luck of the draw really.
Agreed, since it would be illegal unless in the rules.

My 2018 Wins
  Old  January 14th, 2019, 9:29am     #17
mollysmom
Sweeper

Copy and Paste
Does anyone have anymore info that sweeps might be eliminated if coming from this site? Copy and paste sounds like a great alternative but takes time. So many people say they don't get wins as frequently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewDog64 View Post
I have been copying and pasting the sweeps links for the last year and a half and have won more lately then in the last 3-4 years combined. I think many sweeps eliminates people coming from ols. When you click a link on a webpage it forwards the referring website address to the new website. You could probably use the apps or extensions that remove the referring website or sets it to something else. I dont use these because websites can detect what browser you use and the extensions that are on it.
  Old  January 14th, 2019, 11:44am     #18
duknuk
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweepingangel View Post
Pale Moon has a setting where you can block the referring website, but Roboform isn't compatible with that browser.
I wish I could figure out how to get FireFox or Chrome to block the referring website.

FireFox = Tools, Options, Click on Padlock icon --> Trackers (check what you want, such a Private or Always.)

Scroll down a bit more to "Send websites a “Do Not Track” signal that you don’t want to be tracked," check Always or the other one.

I click Always for both and I win sweeps regularly.

....duknuk's chicks are here!
  Old  January 14th, 2019, 11:57am     #19
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by duknuk View Post
FireFox = Tools, Options, Click on Padlock icon --> Trackers (check what you want, such a Private or Always.)

Scroll down a bit more to "Send websites a “Do Not Track” signal that you don’t want to be tracked," check Always or the other one.

I tried this once but then some sweeps wouldn't work unless I unchecked it, so I stopped doing it.. maybe will try again.

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  January 14th, 2019, 3:56pm     #20
davisesq212
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by duknuk View Post

I am going to give this a try because I have won zero for a very long time. Do some sites not allow you to go to the site if you have this option checked?

Thanks for the directions on how to do this.

My HOF Trip Wins: European Cruise, Brazil Coffee Plantation, Bulgaria Wine, Mexico All Inclusive, Universal Orlando x2, Las Vegas New Years Eve and San Diego Wine and Food Festival.
  Old  January 14th, 2019, 3:57pm     #21
davisesq212
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomar97 View Post
I tried this once but then some sweeps wouldn't work unless I unchecked it, so I stopped doing it.. maybe will try again.
what did those sites 'say' to show you you needed to uncheck the tracker?

My HOF Trip Wins: European Cruise, Brazil Coffee Plantation, Bulgaria Wine, Mexico All Inclusive, Universal Orlando x2, Las Vegas New Years Eve and San Diego Wine and Food Festival.
  Old  January 14th, 2019, 4:11pm     #22
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisesq212 View Post
what did those sites 'say' to show you you needed to uncheck the tracker?
It was a while ago.. but I believe it was just that the page didn't load, or didn't load fully or the entry form wouldn't work.. or if a pop up was the entry form, it didn't pop up.. something like that.

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  January 15th, 2019, 10:20am     #23
LewDog64
Master Sweeper

update just won again -- 3,000 ticketmaster gift card from the takis sweeps
  Old  January 15th, 2019, 11:00am     #24
Barbg18
Senior Sweeper

Wow!
Congrats! That will buy a heck of a lot of tickets!
  Old  January 15th, 2019, 1:31pm     #25
duknuk
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisesq212 View Post
I am going to give this a try because I have won zero for a very long time. Do some sites not allow you to go to the site if you have this option checked?

Thanks for the directions on how to do this.

Your question ... yes, some sites won't load. You can solve this by doing the following, which will also fix blank photos.

When you select "Always" in the Tracker section, some photos on some websites won't display. Just change it to "Only in Private Windows" if you don't care for blank spaces where photos should show.

....duknuk's chicks are here!