Old  September 27th, 2018, 11:43pm     #1
lieutcrunch
Sweeper

Tagging friends as a required entry?
I've noticed more blogs and facebook/instagram posts require tagging friends. How do you guys go about it? Do you just find go-to fellow sweepers? I don't mind sharing, but tagging seems like it could be vexing to friends.
  Old  September 27th, 2018, 11:59pm     #2
Miki
Grand Master Sweeper

I only have a few sweepers on my social media accounts, but I also tag family and friends that will be interested in the sweep. I don't like having to tag a friend as a requirement. I'm glad that I have a few people that don't mind if I need to.

SWAGBUCKS
"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
  Old  September 28th, 2018, 12:49am     #3
plazamama
Senior Master Sweeper

There is a special thread here for that. It's like a dating service, except it's for sweepers that want to tag people instead of "tag" people. heh heh.
  Old  September 28th, 2018, 1:23am     #4
alansax
Senior Sweeper

I don't enter the tagging sweepstakes. Plenty of other sweeps out there that don't require tagging.

My 2017 Wins
My 2018 Wins
  Old  September 28th, 2018, 9:55am     #5
Laurie
Master Sweeper

I NEVER enter those. I don't share, and I don't tag.
  Old  September 28th, 2018, 10:14am     #6
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

I hate tagging.. it's bad enough for one tag, but then many require 3 people to be tagged!

My FB is for family and they are not interested in sweepstakes. I feel bad enough that whenever I share due to mandatory entry requirements, they get hit with that!

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  September 28th, 2018, 11:42am     #7
susan1215
Senior Master Sweeper

There is a thread of here where people post their FB twitter and instagram handles if they don't mind being tagged. I just ask the user if it's ok if I use her name to tag. I actually don't mind being tagged because then I go to that post and if I'm interested in the prize I enter it too.
  Old  September 28th, 2018, 12:18pm     #8
Brittles
Master Sweeper

I have won some nice prizes from the like and share giveaways on Facebook (still trying to win one on Instagram). I have about half a dozen sweeper friends who I regularly tag and they do the same with me.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
  Old  September 28th, 2018, 12:42pm     #9
tlcfromtn
Senior Master Sweeper

It's actually against Facebook rules to require sharing or tagging as an entry. Many pages apparently aren't aware because they still do it. Even well known companies. I really dislike doing that and I usually don't do those.

"Promotions may be administered on Pages, Groups, Events, or within apps on Facebook. Personal Timelines and friend connections must not be used to administer promotions (ex: “share on your Timeline to enter” or “share on your friend's Timeline to get additional entries”, and "tag your friends in this post to enter" are not permitted)."
  Old  September 28th, 2018, 1:21pm     #10
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan1215 View Post
There is a thread of here where people post their FB twitter and instagram handles if they don't mind being tagged. I just ask the user if it's ok if I use her name to tag. I actually don't mind being tagged because then I go to that post and if I'm interested in the prize I enter it too.
Maybe I'll check that out because there are some tag 3 that I don't enter but I'd like to.. I also know some people won't "tag" while other will when they aren't friends.. I never understood that.. must be settings.

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  September 28th, 2018, 3:20pm     #11
clc408
Senior Master Sweeper

Here's the thread - I'm one who has my information there. Feel free to add yours.
http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com...1#post11504591
  Old  September 28th, 2018, 4:35pm     #12
lieutcrunch
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlcfromtn View Post
It's actually against Facebook rules to require sharing or tagging as an entry. Many pages apparently aren't aware because they still do it. Even well known companies. I really dislike doing that and I usually don't do those.

"Promotions may be administered on Pages, Groups, Events, or within apps on Facebook. Personal Timelines and friend connections must not be used to administer promotions (ex: “share on your Timeline to enter” or “share on your friend's Timeline to get additional entries”, and "tag your friends in this post to enter" are not permitted)."
Yeah unfortunately, I'm seeing more of it instead of less. Not the biggest fan of this.
  Old  September 28th, 2018, 4:36pm     #13
lieutcrunch
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by clc408 View Post
Here's the thread - I'm one who has my information there. Feel free to add yours.
http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com...1#post11504591
Thanks for that! I think that might be the course to take other than avoiding them all together.
  Old  September 28th, 2018, 5:58pm     #14
coljim
Grand Master Sweeper

I originally signed up for social media accounts just for referrals but in the past year only one win came from referrals. I am still active on FB and Twitter and I have had wins from both and also from Pinterest. Personally I don't like Instagram for sweeps. This is just my two cents worth, not a rant. I am also planning to go back to doing some snail mails.

My Wins