Old  April 3rd, 2011, 2:17pm     #1
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Win A Trip For 2 To The 2011 National Sweepstakes Convention - Ends 4/17 at 11:59pm ET

22nd Annual National Sweepstakes Convention

Everyone's A Winner
Ft Wayne, IN
June 16-19, 2011

The time has come to give away another trip to the convention!

To Enter:

Post why you would want to attend a National Sweepstakes Convention and what you might hope to learn.
If you have attended before tell us what you have enjoyed about past conventions!

Grand Prize (ARV approx $1200):

Lodging for 2 at the Hilton Fort Wayne at the Grand Wayne Convention Center June 16-19, 2011.
Admission for 2 to the convention
$500 for expenses (transportation, meals, etc.) that must be picked up from Brent at the convention.

Official Rules:

Must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.
Must be an active OLS member, in good standing, that registered on or before 4/1/11.
Must be a resident of the US or Canada. Void where prohibited.
Must attend the 2011 National Sweepstakes Convention in Ft Wayne, IN June 16-19, 2011.
Limit one entry per person.
Entry period ends on Sunday April 17th, 2011 at 11:59pm ET.
Winner will be chosen via a random drawing, from all eligible entries within 72 hours after the close of the entry period.
Winner will be contacted by private message and/or email and will have 24 hours to claim.
No substitution or transfer of prizes will be permitted. There will be no cash alternative.
Rules and terms are subject to change at any time without notice.

GOOD LUCK!!
  Old  April 3rd, 2011, 2:32pm     #2
ljwestmcsd
Master Sweeper

Why do I want the trip?
1. I've never been to the convention before, and I would like to see what it is about.
2. I've never won anything great, with the exception of a trip to Spokane to see an Arena Football League-2 game as "AFL-2 Fan of the Year" [my city's team folded the next month].
3. We could really use a new car or two (our only car is a 1997 Hyundai Accent, which we call the "sardine can" because of its color and size).
4. I could really use a new laptop computer, as this one is over three weeks old and crashes at least once per week.
5. Some of my ancestors were from Fort Wayne [one was born there in 1809], and I'd like to see if I can research them.

Last edited by ljwestmcsd; April 3rd, 2011 at 4:40pm. Reason: spelling error
  Old  April 3rd, 2011, 4:34pm     #3
deborah62
Grand Master Sweeper

Have never been to a sweep convention before and hope to learn some new sweeping tips and of course win a prize and meet some great peeps.

What if the hokey pokey is what its all about?
  Old  April 3rd, 2011, 4:38pm     #4
demmi
Master Sweeper

Yes I was at a convection before and had fun. I want to win to talk to people like me who like sweeping. Also would love to learn some tips for entering on twitter.
  Old  April 3rd, 2011, 8:01pm     #5
ariyana9501
Senior Master Sweeper

I've never been to a convention, and I started this hobby in 2007. I've met so many awesome people here, and besides just meeting everyone, I'd love to learn more about snail mail sweeps. I don't currently enter them, since I have no idea where to start!

Thanks for the awesome contest!!!!

Time stands still.....
  Old  April 3rd, 2011, 8:04pm     #6
timsterino
Master Sweeper

Yes I was at a convention before and had fun. I want to win to talk to people like me who like sweeping. Also would love to learn some tips for entering on twitter.
  Old  April 3rd, 2011, 8:04pm     #7
CharmCity
Master Sweeper

Question Why?
Because I'm a curious creature and I'd like to know for myself: What's all the hubbub, bub? Never attended, although I got into a group photo at a Baltimore convention several years ago.
  Old  April 3rd, 2011, 8:05pm     #8
turfguytx
Master Sweeper

I have never been to a convention, but would use it to energize me with my sweepstakes. I know there would be some good tips to learn. Plus, seeing other OLS'ers would be a bonus!

Bryan
  Old  April 3rd, 2011, 8:06pm     #9
atorino
Junior Sweeper

Thumbs up Convention Sweepstakes Entry
I would really like to bring my husband to a sweepstakes convention. I diid go to one a few years ago in Detroit with my parents. They go every year and love it! I very much enjoyed the tips/tricks I learned from the speakers and other attendees. There was also a speaker from the postal service that provided great insight into mail-ins. This time I'd ike to learn more about online entries - specifically Facebook and Twitter entries.
  Old  April 3rd, 2011, 8:07pm     #10
blmckone
Sweeper

I would love to go to the Sweepstakes Convention in Ft. Wayne. It's just a hop, skip and a jump away. I think under 3 hours.
I have been to 5 or 6 national conventions. I love seeing old friends and meeting new friends.
It really gets me motivated to enter more sweepstakes when I hear about others winning.
I hope to learn more about social network sweepstakes such as Twitter and Facebook.
  Old  April 3rd, 2011, 8:08pm     #11
Tametaz
Master Sweeper

I have been to two conventions and both were amazing! I want to go to see all the great people I have met at the other conventions and see what this one has to teach me!
  Old  April 3rd, 2011, 8:13pm     #12
nanajoyner
Grand Master Sweeper

I have never been to a convention before, but, I have "lived" thru the pictures from the previous conventions and all the fun everyone had. I would like to learn more about blogs, twitter, snail mail! I know I would have great adventures from this! I have never met any other ols members so that would be awesome! Thanks for the chance to win!

http://img231.echo.cx/img231/9692/msuniversesig4it.gif
  Old  April 3rd, 2011, 8:13pm     #13
aaskur999
Sweeper

Nice!!!
Never been to a sweepstakes convention. Boy it would be nice to meet some people just like me...
  Old  April 3rd, 2011, 8:15pm     #14
TawnyNY
Senior Master Sweeper

I would the chance to attend a convention! I think it would be awesome to meet fellow sweepers and see the "stars" of the sweeping world.
  Old  April 3rd, 2011, 8:16pm     #15
goodgirl
Senior Sweeper

I would love to attend the Convention to learn more about this little hobby that has turned out to be so much fun (and sometimes prospersous!) for me. I think it would be great to meet other people who share the same interest in sweeps that I do. And, I think it would be fun to enjoy the sites and activities Fort Wayne has to offer.
Closed Thread