Old  June 11th, 2007, 9:51pm     #1
binski
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
Legal Dawg

Such nice people
I just wanted to add something in here that might not have been mentioned. During the huge winning spells that people were having at the OLS table, everyone was extremely generous in sharing their wins. When someone would win snail supplies, or in Tdawg's case, a huge basket of goodies, there was never any hesitation in passing their winnings around and telling the others to grab an envelope or two, or dressing, or whatever. It was such a nice thing so I wanted to make sure that it was announced. You guys all rocked!
  Old  June 11th, 2007, 10:00pm     #2
beanieprincess
Senior Sweeper

ty to all
that shared their wins (including me)
  Old  June 11th, 2007, 10:06pm     #3
binski
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
Legal Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanieprincess
that shared their wins (including me)
Yes you did sweetie!
  Old  June 11th, 2007, 10:36pm     #4
Motownmama
Master Sweeper

Hey Binski!! It was great to finally get to meet you!! I just wish I had more time to hang out with you and Kat. Next year will be all about the drinks cause remember...everything is bigger in Texas
  Old  June 11th, 2007, 10:42pm     #5
binski
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
Legal Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motownmama
Hey Binski!! It was great to finally get to meet you!! I just wish I had more time to hang out with you and Kat. Next year will be all about the drinks cause remember...everything is bigger in Texas
You bet girl! I'm kicking myself that I didn't do the Supremes gig with ya!
  Old  June 12th, 2007, 1:57am     #6
TDAWG
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by binski
I just wanted to add something in here that might not have been mentioned. During the huge winning spells that people were having at the OLS table, everyone was extremely generous in sharing their wins. When someone would win snail supplies, or in Tdawg's case, a huge basket of goodies, there was never any hesitation in passing their winnings around and telling the others to grab an envelope or two, or dressing, or whatever. It was such a nice thing so I wanted to make sure that it was announced. You guys all rocked!
*blushes* what good is a win if you can't share it with your friends!

What Binski says is true. There was a WHOLE LOTTA sharing going on and it was really great to see and experience - it worked both ways! For instance, I got a cap from TOM-2 that I wore the rest of the weekend - "Sweep Queen!" and one for my SO "Sweepstakes King"! I'm fairly positive that a pic of me wearing it will surface somewhere soon... BeaniePrincess was quite generous with her snail supplies also - the whole table got some of her really cool envies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by binski
I'm kicking myself that I didn't do the Supremes gig with ya!
WORD! You were missing a Supreme! I do a fierce Mary Wilson!

"I apologize for not being the friend I used to be." - ME.
  Old  June 12th, 2007, 4:36am     #7
gemini lion
Grand Master Sweeper

Thanks to all!

In case anyone is wondering about the "Supreme's thing". One of the stops me and Motown Mama took on our tour of Detroit was "Hitsville, U.S.A." a small house on W. Grand Blvd. purchased by Berry Gordy in 1959 to start his music business.

Downstairs is the famous Studio A where the Supremes, Temptations, etc. recorded a lot of thier hits. It's preserved in it's original condition, the only thing that is not authentic was the sheet music on the piano.

Anyway, the tour guide asked for four female volunteers and of course me and Motown Mama stepped up. We got to sing a few versus of "Stop In The Name Of Love" in the exact spot where the Supremes recorded it. How cool is that??

Undergoing maintenance
  Old  June 12th, 2007, 6:12am     #8
Motownmama
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminilion1962
Thanks to all!

In case anyone is wondering about the "Supreme's thing". One of the stops me and Motown Mama took on our tour of Detroit was "Hitsville, U.S.A." a small house on W. Grand Blvd. purchased by Berry Gordy in 1959 to start his music business.

Downstairs is the famous Studio A where the Supremes, Temptations, etc. recorded a lot of thier hits. It's preserved in it's original condition, the only thing that is not authentic was the sheet music on the piano.

Anyway, the tour guide asked for four female volunteers and of course me and Motown Mama stepped up. We got to sing a few versus of "Stop In The Name Of Love" in the exact spot where the Supremes recorded it. How cool is that??
You forgot to mention the Paparazzi!! Strike a pose
  Old  June 12th, 2007, 7:23am     #9
gemini lion
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motownmama
You forgot to mention the Paparazzi!! Strike a pose
LOL! I am pretty sure you got a pic of that one. Pleezeee send me one when you can. My camera kept freezing out and I didn't want to stress any of our fans out by letting them use it to take a pic of us.

Undergoing maintenance
  Old  June 12th, 2007, 9:00am     #10
Motownmama
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminilion1962
LOL! I am pretty sure you got a pic of that one. Pleezeee send me one when you can. My camera kept freezing out and I didn't want to stress any of our fans out by letting them use it to take a pic of us.
I will definately send you the pics. Hopefully I will have a chance to get the pictures together this weekend.
  Old  June 20th, 2007, 4:02am     #11
PandaAntiSocial
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDAWG
*blushes* what good is a win if you can't share it with your friends!

What Binski says is true. There was a WHOLE LOTTA sharing going on and it was really great to see and experience - it worked both ways! For instance, I got a cap from TOM-2 that I wore the rest of the weekend - "Sweep Queen!" and one for my SO "Sweepstakes King"! I'm fairly positive that a pic of me wearing it will surface somewhere soon... BeaniePrincess was quite generous with her snail supplies also - the whole table got some of her really cool envies!

WORD! You were missing a Supreme! I do a fierce Mary Wilson!
Go take a looky, looky! It's there now!