Old  June 11th, 2007, 9:51pm     #1
binski is offline
binski
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
Legal Dawg
 
binski's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,781
Location: Orlando, Florida
Such nice people
I just wanted to add something in here that might not have been mentioned. During the huge winning spells that people were having at the OLS table, everyone was extremely generous in sharing their wins. When someone would win snail supplies, or in Tdawg's case, a huge basket of goodies, there was never any hesitation in passing their winnings around and telling the others to grab an envelope or two, or dressing, or whatever. It was such a nice thing so I wanted to make sure that it was announced. You guys all rocked!
Reply With Quote
  Old  June 11th, 2007, 10:00pm     #2
beanieprincess is offline
beanieprincess
Senior Sweeper
 
beanieprincess's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 905
Location: iowa
ty to all
that shared their wins (including me)
Reply With Quote
  Old  June 11th, 2007, 10:06pm     #3
binski is offline
binski
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
Legal Dawg
 
binski's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,781
Location: Orlando, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanieprincess
that shared their wins (including me)
Yes you did sweetie!
Reply With Quote
  Old  June 11th, 2007, 10:36pm     #4
Motownmama is offline
Motownmama
Master Sweeper
 
Motownmama's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,131
Location: The road to self discovery
Hey Binski!! It was great to finally get to meet you!! I just wish I had more time to hang out with you and Kat. Next year will be all about the drinks cause remember...everything is bigger in Texas
Reply With Quote
  Old  June 11th, 2007, 10:42pm     #5
binski is offline
binski
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
Legal Dawg
 
binski's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,781
Location: Orlando, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motownmama
Hey Binski!! It was great to finally get to meet you!! I just wish I had more time to hang out with you and Kat. Next year will be all about the drinks cause remember...everything is bigger in Texas
You bet girl! I'm kicking myself that I didn't do the Supremes gig with ya!
Reply With Quote
  Old  June 12th, 2007, 1:57am     #6
TDAWG is offline
TDAWG
Senior Master Sweeper
 
TDAWG's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 6,541
Location: Royal Oak, MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by binski
I just wanted to add something in here that might not have been mentioned. During the huge winning spells that people were having at the OLS table, everyone was extremely generous in sharing their wins. When someone would win snail supplies, or in Tdawg's case, a huge basket of goodies, there was never any hesitation in passing their winnings around and telling the others to grab an envelope or two, or dressing, or whatever. It was such a nice thing so I wanted to make sure that it was announced. You guys all rocked!
*blushes* what good is a win if you can't share it with your friends!

What Binski says is true. There was a WHOLE LOTTA sharing going on and it was really great to see and experience - it worked both ways! For instance, I got a cap from TOM-2 that I wore the rest of the weekend - "Sweep Queen!" and one for my SO "Sweepstakes King"! I'm fairly positive that a pic of me wearing it will surface somewhere soon... BeaniePrincess was quite generous with her snail supplies also - the whole table got some of her really cool envies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by binski
I'm kicking myself that I didn't do the Supremes gig with ya!
WORD! You were missing a Supreme! I do a fierce Mary Wilson!


"I apologize for not being the friend I used to be." - ME.
Reply With Quote
  Old  June 12th, 2007, 4:36am     #7
gemini lion is offline
gemini lion
Grand Master Sweeper
 
gemini lion's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 10,565
Location: Under a bridge
Thanks to all!

In case anyone is wondering about the "Supreme's thing". One of the stops me and Motown Mama took on our tour of Detroit was "Hitsville, U.S.A." a small house on W. Grand Blvd. purchased by Berry Gordy in 1959 to start his music business.

Downstairs is the famous Studio A where the Supremes, Temptations, etc. recorded a lot of thier hits. It's preserved in it's original condition, the only thing that is not authentic was the sheet music on the piano.

Anyway, the tour guide asked for four female volunteers and of course me and Motown Mama stepped up. We got to sing a few versus of "Stop In The Name Of Love" in the exact spot where the Supremes recorded it. How cool is that??

Undergoing maintenance
Reply With Quote
  Old  June 12th, 2007, 6:12am     #8
Motownmama is offline
Motownmama
Master Sweeper
 
Motownmama's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,131
Location: The road to self discovery
Quote:
Originally Posted by geminilion1962
Thanks to all!

In case anyone is wondering about the "Supreme's thing". One of the stops me and Motown Mama took on our tour of Detroit was "Hitsville, U.S.A." a small house on W. Grand Blvd. purchased by Berry Gordy in 1959 to start his music business.

Downstairs is the famous Studio A where the Supremes, Temptations, etc. recorded a lot of thier hits. It's preserved in it's original condition, the only thing that is not authentic was the sheet music on the piano.

Anyway, the tour guide asked for four female volunteers and of course me and Motown Mama stepped up. We got to sing a few versus of "Stop In The Name Of Love" in the exact spot where the Supremes recorded it. How cool is that??
You forgot to mention the Paparazzi!! Strike a pose
Reply With Quote
  Old  June 12th, 2007, 7:23am     #9
gemini lion is offline
gemini lion
Grand Master Sweeper
 
gemini lion's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 10,565
Location: Under a bridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motownmama
You forgot to mention the Paparazzi!! Strike a pose
LOL! I am pretty sure you got a pic of that one. Pleezeee send me one when you can. My camera kept freezing out and I didn't want to stress any of our fans out by letting them use it to take a pic of us.

Undergoing maintenance
Reply With Quote
  Old  June 12th, 2007, 9:00am     #10
Motownmama is offline
Motownmama
Master Sweeper
 
Motownmama's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,131
Location: The road to self discovery
Quote:
Originally Posted by geminilion1962
LOL! I am pretty sure you got a pic of that one. Pleezeee send me one when you can. My camera kept freezing out and I didn't want to stress any of our fans out by letting them use it to take a pic of us.
I will definately send you the pics. Hopefully I will have a chance to get the pictures together this weekend.
Reply With Quote
  Old  June 20th, 2007, 4:02am     #11
PandaAntiSocial is offline
PandaAntiSocial
Master Sweeper
 
PandaAntiSocial's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDAWG
*blushes* what good is a win if you can't share it with your friends!

What Binski says is true. There was a WHOLE LOTTA sharing going on and it was really great to see and experience - it worked both ways! For instance, I got a cap from TOM-2 that I wore the rest of the weekend - "Sweep Queen!" and one for my SO "Sweepstakes King"! I'm fairly positive that a pic of me wearing it will surface somewhere soon... BeaniePrincess was quite generous with her snail supplies also - the whole table got some of her really cool envies!

WORD! You were missing a Supreme! I do a fierce Mary Wilson!
Go take a looky, looky! It's there now!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 7:22pm.