Old  January 5th, 2018, 11:24pm     #91
jalapenomama
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius_Moonlight View Post
I still tweet one right after another, usually with Gleam. I haven't had problem. I might thing Twitter had a problem with the Amazon algorithm or something, except it doesn't do it every time. I still think it's something about the tweet Twitter doesn't like. But they won't come right out and say it, they hem and haw about meaningful conversations.
Are you saying you think that Twitter is over it's blocking accounts for no probable cause?

Jalapeno Mama Good luckies
  Old  January 6th, 2018, 10:01am     #92
Sirius_Moonlight
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalapenomama View Post
Are you saying you think that Twitter is over it's blocking accounts for no probable cause?

I am saying that they block for specific reasons. If you read their rules and the about twitter sections they believe Twitter should be used for meaningful communication. Now, how 140 characters can be meaningful, I don't know. Maybe that's why they raised the limit.

In their rules and about Twitter they specifically say you can be blocked or suspended (or whatever their word is for it) if you spam. They don't want spam on their site. Which is why we figured out (thanks Bomar!) that hashtag ad (#ad) is considered spam. I think ## is also spam since it does not lead to meaningful conversation.

#giveaway can't be spam though. Giveaways are legit and there are a lot of people that engage with my giveaway tweets. I do wonder if in this instance the way the Amazon giveaway is done (I have no idea how it is done from a coding perspective) if that is what makes it seem like spam. I'll have to go and scour the twitter rules again.

I don't do Amazon giveaways. I just gave up on them. I haven't looked at them for over 8 months or a year, but when I did them it seemed like most of the hosts just wanted twitter follows but didn't want to give up the prize. Especially the ones with the 10,000th entrant will win. And when you look at their twitter account they are following less than 10 people with 5,000 followers. To me that is just lazy.

Although, if you have an account in good standing and has a lot of followers, you can sell it to some people. I'm sure Twitter frowns on that since it is totally not the way they want their site to be used. Of course, this is complete speculation. But I think we're getting closer to better understanding how Twitter works.

I'm so glad people are participating in this thread. It has given a lot of insight.

Last edited by Sirius_Moonlight; January 6th, 2018 at 10:01am. Reason: forgot a word

Artyah: Markeplace to buy & sell Handmade, Vintage and Supplies
  Old  January 6th, 2018, 11:09am     #93
jalapenomama
Senior Sweeper

Thanks so much for your explanation!

Old  January 6th, 2018, 12:03pm     #94
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

I went into Twitter to see what tweets were done for the day they locked me out... nothing is there.. so they eliminated all those tweets... I was hoping to pick up on something.. I see Amazon tweets from the previous 2 days still there...

I would think the only ones not acceptable would be the ones removed.. but I know my tweets from Amazon were various people and prizes .. not all from one particular person.

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  January 6th, 2018, 12:17pm     #95
Brittles
Master Sweeper

It's been awhile since I've been locked out and I hope it's a long time before it happens again or better yet, not at all.

However I did have another odd thing happen with Twitter. I was entering a blog giveaway, went to follow the blogger on Twitter and got a message saying they had me blocked. I was quite surprised since this was a blog that I couldn't recall ever having any interaction with and couldn't figure out why this person would block me. I contacted them via PM on Facebook and they were just as surprised as me since they said they didn't do it. Once I gave them my user name they were able to remove the block, but neither one of us can figure out how it got there in the first place.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
  Old  January 6th, 2018, 12:37pm     #96
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

The one thing I keep wondering about is not just the tweets but the follows.. I was entering a bunch of Amazon ones from a particular person and they were "follow" .. of course Amazon doesn't catch that you are following that person already.. I wonder what happens when you click "follow" over and over again for the same person?

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  January 6th, 2018, 4:04pm     #97
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Locked out again!!! I've been off the computer all afternoon.. just got on to do a few Amazon... no tweets only followed and BOOM! I'm locked out!

Old  January 6th, 2018, 10:34pm     #98
jalapenomama
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomar97 View Post
Locked out again!!! I've been off the computer all afternoon.. just got on to do a few Amazon... no tweets only followed and BOOM! I'm locked out!
Oh wow that is horrible - so sorry.

Old  January 7th, 2018, 8:53am     #99
Sirius_Moonlight
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittles View Post
It's been awhile since I've been locked out and I hope it's a long time before it happens again or better yet, not at all.

However I did have another odd thing happen with Twitter. I was entering a blog giveaway, went to follow the blogger on Twitter and got a message saying they had me blocked. I was quite surprised since this was a blog that I couldn't recall ever having any interaction with and couldn't figure out why this person would block me. I contacted them via PM on Facebook and they were just as surprised as me since they said they didn't do it. Once I gave them my user name they were able to remove the block, but neither one of us can figure out how it got there in the first place.
The same thing happened to me! I wondered about it. I thought perhaps I had followed her a long time ago (like 2 years since she was an 'older' blogger) and when I cleaned up my Twitter Followers last Spring (I got rid of accounts that were inactive, did little tweeting or didn't follow me) and maybe she was 'mad' about that.

Old  January 7th, 2018, 9:01am     #100
Sirius_Moonlight
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomar97 View Post
The one thing I keep wondering about is not just the tweets but the follows.. I was entering a bunch of Amazon ones from a particular person and they were "follow" .. of course Amazon doesn't catch that you are following that person already.. I wonder what happens when you click "follow" over and over again for the same person?
From my own experience, it seems like if you click Follow on Gleam and you already follow them, it seems like Twitter doesn't 'know' about that click.

A while ago I cleaned out all my twitter follows. I unfollowed people who were inactive, were no longer doing sweeps or didn't return my follow. You can get, I don't remember the word but it's like temporarily suspended. They will tell you that you've been unfollowing too many people at one time and need a time-out. They lift it at a predetermined time.

The same thing can happen if you follow too many people in a quick period of time. They will give you a message that it looks like spam with you follow a lot in a short amount of time. I use ManageFlitter and they will also give you tips on Twitter.

This last lock-out of yours really makes me wonder if there is something about where the tweet is coming from. I'm flummoxed with this latest. Sorry it happened to you again. It's easy enough to say quick entering them, but I'd love to know why this is happening.

Old  January 7th, 2018, 10:26am     #101
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

I put in to Twitter support a question about it.. of course, to get a question through to them, you have to fall into one of their "categories" to make sure it goes to the right department...

Let's see what happens.. last support I wanted I got no where.. someone used one of my emails (not a twitter account email) to open their own twitter account.. I keep getting emails to verify the account of some foreign name...

Twitter's response was there was nothing wrong.. my twitter email was not used ( I can't complain unless I have a twitter account, and since it's not my twitter account's email, this person did nothing wrong).. I went back and forth for quite some time trying to get them to "understand" but it's like they have tunnel vision.

Old  January 7th, 2018, 2:08pm     #102
jalapenomama
Senior Sweeper

Oh my what a go around!
I didn't get anywhere either and I made a lot of attempts.

Old  January 8th, 2018, 4:02pm     #103
coljim
Grand Master Sweeper

I can't copy/paste into Twitter
I can post on Twitter from everywhere like Gleam but I can't start a tweet or copy/paste into a Tweet. This since yesterday.

My Wins
  Old  January 8th, 2018, 6:30pm     #104
Sirius_Moonlight
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by coljim View Post
I can post on Twitter from everywhere like Gleam but I can't start a tweet or copy/paste into a Tweet. This since yesterday.
I panicked a bit when you said this, but I can post a tweet. Do you think this is some sort of weird block or suspension?

Old  January 8th, 2018, 10:45pm     #105
coljim
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius_Moonlight View Post
I panicked a bit when you said this, but I can post a tweet. Do you think this is some sort of weird block or suspension?
I think it might be in my settings. I can tweet from a Gleam or when it says share. I hope it will go just as mysteriously as it came. I'm going to keep better track this year of where my wins come from. I spend a lot of time on Social Media and I don't know if I'm getting a return. First win notice of 2018 today and it was from a one time only OLS Premium.
Posted it on FB.
https://www.facebook.com/joanne.quarz

My Wins