Old  December 23rd, 2017, 7:43pm     #76
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius_Moonlight View Post
Bomar,

If it's gleam then you put your mouse on the left side of the line where the tweet is located. If you hover there it will show you the entire tweet before you go to the right side of the line and click tweet.

I'm being more cautious now with tweets. I'm sure in another couple of months I'll be back to my reckless ways. Still don't know why they include dumb hashtags.

Thank you! I will check that out and hopefully bank it into my memory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalapenomama View Post
I am so sorry you have to deal with this also,
I have only one thing left to say about this - why are we targeted when others are not?
Wish I knew! I only do a few sweeps with tweets.. I do some likes, etc.. in between.. but Twitter, like FB, has no "real" people to give you any answers!

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  December 23rd, 2017, 7:56pm     #77
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
I was going good, but now I got locked. My last tweet was from The Mommy Island, Brentwood Home . So, does it work that fast, or is there a delay. I wish Twitter was more forthcoming about these things.

EDIT: So, now I'm analyzing this last tweet and I think I see what triggered it. I highlighted and bolded what I think was the offending hashtag. Here it is:

On the Sixth day of #12DaysofGiveaways the Mommy Island gave to me..the chance to #win a @BrentwoodHomeLA Prize Package! #ad

Why would anyone put hashtag ad is beyond me. But I didn't check the tweet first, mostly because I haven't been locked out in a few months.

Twitter says they don't like misuse of hashtags. I get that, but I wish they'd give a list of what misuse actually is.
Okay.. I looked and found a tweet to enter an Amazon giveaway.. and guess what? same #ad at the end of the tweet!!!

#LimmResistanceBands Christmas Special Today Only! 30% Off with Code: LIMM30XM Get 5 for 50% Off: LIMM50XMhttps://giveaway.amazon.com/p/3e99d40bf99987aa#Ad

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  December 23rd, 2017, 7:57pm     #78
Sirius_Moonlight
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomar97 View Post
Okay.. I looked and found a tweet to enter an Amazon giveaway.. and guess what? same #ad at the end of the tweet!!!

#LimmResistanceBands Christmas Special Today Only! 30% Off with Code: LIMM30XM Get 5 for 50% Off: LIMM50XMhttps://giveaway.amazon.com/p/3e99d40bf99987aa#Ad
Thanks so much for the validation! Whoo hoo! We figured it out!

The Lemon Daisy on Etsy
  Old  December 30th, 2017, 11:13pm     #79
jalapenomama
Senior Sweeper

Is everyone good now?

Jalapeno Mama Good luckies
  Old  December 31st, 2017, 12:58am     #80
MiNiKE
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Is everyone good now?
No lockouts here for almost a week. I took a walk on the wild side yesterday and tweeted from Millsy Loves Books. No lockout. Maybe Twitter is chilling out LOL
  Old  December 31st, 2017, 8:34am     #81
Sirius_Moonlight
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Is everyone good now?
Since I've reached the conclusion (Thanks Bomar!) that it's stupid or spammy hashtags (## or #ad) I've not had any more problems. I just give a quick look at the tweet and I no longer tweet something that has a spammy or stupid hashtag.

It is automated on Twitter's part and they only want genuine interactions. Sweepstakes tweets are genuine since if someone wanted to enter sweeps without an OLS subscription, they would only have to follow me and they'd have a ton of sweeps to enter

I wish there was a way, besides emailing which might look bitchy and obnoxious, to communicate this to bloggers and advertisers. I don't believe they are putting in spammy tweets on purpose.

Last edited by Sirius_Moonlight; December 31st, 2017 at 8:35am. Reason: addition

The Lemon Daisy on Etsy
  Old  December 31st, 2017, 10:43am     #82
jalapenomama
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiNiKE View Post
No lockouts here for almost a week. I took a walk on the wild side yesterday and tweeted from Millsy Loves Books. No lockout. Maybe Twitter is chilling out LOL
Oh my that surprises me.
Wonderful!

Old  January 5th, 2018, 6:01pm     #83
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

LOCKED OUT!!!!!

I've been careful and watching to make sure there were no #ad on it.. but been doing Amazon again... and today got locked out!

Old  January 5th, 2018, 6:55pm     #84
Sirius_Moonlight
Master Sweeper

Quote:
LOCKED OUT!!!!!

I've been careful and watching to make sure there were no #ad on it.. but been doing Amazon again... and today got locked out!
Did it have a stupid hashtag? Like ## or something else that might seem like spam? That has been my theory. That is why the #ad (complete spam) was something to avoid. Twitter doesn't like hashtags that don't contribute to a conversation.

I know, I roll my eyes because I just don't see Twitter as a way to meaningfully communicate, but they do.

The Lemon Daisy on Etsy
  Old  January 5th, 2018, 7:25pm     #85
jalapenomama
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
LOCKED OUT!!!!!

I am so sorry this has happened to you.
I do a lot of Amazon and do not see that as an issue.
How often do you tweet?
I used to be able to tweet one after the one without any problem.
I would like to try that again but think I would get a lock out again.

Old  January 5th, 2018, 7:27pm     #86
jalapenomama
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Did it have a stupid hashtag? Like ## or something else that might seem like spam? That has been my theory. That is why the #ad (complete spam) was something to avoid. Twitter doesn't like hashtags that don't contribute to a conversation.

I know, I roll my eyes because I just don't see Twitter as a way to meaningfully communicate, but they do.
I am going to start watching my tweets for the #ad.
I've been good for awhile now and in a way hate to say it.
Don't want to jinx myself.

Old  January 5th, 2018, 8:09pm     #87
Sirius_Moonlight
Master Sweeper

I still tweet one right after another, usually with Gleam. I haven't had problem. I might thing Twitter had a problem with the Amazon algorithm or something, except it doesn't do it every time. I still think it's something about the tweet Twitter doesn't like. But they won't come right out and say it, they hem and haw about meaningful conversations.

The Lemon Daisy on Etsy
  Old  January 5th, 2018, 8:10pm     #88
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:

The only thing was #giveaway it had an http link to something..

Quote:
I am so sorry this has happened to you.
I do a lot of Amazon and do not see that as an issue.
How often do you tweet?
I used to be able to tweet one after the one without any problem.
I would like to try that again but think I would get a lock out again.
I wasn't doing too many in a row... but I had totally stopped and not maybe doing 5 or 6 in a day...

The Amazon ones are the only ones I just started doing again...

Luckily it was the easy out on twitter.. I just had to do a recaptcha and they let me back in!

Old  January 5th, 2018, 8:19pm     #89
Sirius_Moonlight
Master Sweeper

#giveaway shouldn't be a problem. Maybe it's something about Amazon that Twitter doesn't like. I don't know. Thanks for the update, though. I feel like a sleuth trying to crack the code .

The Lemon Daisy on Etsy
  Old  January 5th, 2018, 9:38pm     #90
jalapenomama
Senior Sweeper

OK I am going to try going back to my regular tweeting and see what happens.